Notices

Issue Nine: Cornered Prey/Ominous Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisceanpaul View Post
Centennial Man stands with the rogues gallery, making sure everyone stays put and cooperative. He helps Blackbird strip each one of the criminals of their weapons and equipment. In fact, the young hero now wears Taskmaster's shield on his back, much like Captain America does with his own when he's at rest, and has since fitted the mercenary's utility belt about his waist.

"What do you think's taking Benni, Motya and Radical?" he asks Blackbird. "You think something's up?"
"There's a sizable possibility of that," Blackbird nods to him. He delivers a minor stun pulse to one of the minions who was beginning to stir, ensuring he stayed in la-la land, and then went to check on MODOK again. "I saw someone else enter the place before I came in - it might have been our new friend the Punisher. His handiwork was strewn out in front of me all the way in, too."

Clicking on his comm, he asks the ladies for a status report. "Blackbird here - everything okay?"

While he waits for an answer, he notes, "Nice outfit, by the way. Is that shield as tough as Captain America's?"

"No idea," Centennial Man answers Blackbird. "I've never been whacked in the head by Cap's shield before. But I'm gonna get used to this thing. It suits me, I think."

The young hero smiles like the Cheshire Cat.

Motya's eyes widen and her jaw momentarily drops as she looks toward Radical.

"I'll try," she said hesitantly.

Then she begins to try to drag him away with
feeble strength:
Dice Roll:
1d100
d100 Results: 7
spend some of the group karma, I guess, to be able to actually get him out of the building

EDIT: T_T the dice roller hates my strength
her pathetic strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisceanpaul View Post
"No idea," Centennial Man answers Blackbird. "I've never been whacked in the head by Cap's shield before. But I'm gonna get used to this thing. It suits me, I think."

The young hero smiles like the Cheshire Cat.
"Don't forget to add a 'C' and an 'M' to the design, then?" Blackbird grins back. "Personalize it!"

He opens the commline again. "Ladies? Please respond. The Punisher might be on the premises."

Exiting a vent high overhead, the Punisher overhears Blackbird's last communication to the ladies inside as he slips over to the rooftop and disappears, unnoticed, into the night.

Centennial Man's new shield is made of steel (Remarkable material strength) and would grant +1 CS damage on melee attacks, or could be thrown for Remarkable damage. Of course, he doesn't have any ability to do the stuff Captain America can do with his at this point (such as make it return or ricochet).

Inside the facility, Motya desperately tries to move/direct the still-groggy Radical Warrior over to the lift tube in an attempt to get out of the building.

Benni, meanwhile, her fingers dancing blazingly fast across a
...because it looks such much more impressive than using a mouse in comics, movies, and TV shows...
computer console keyboard, is momentarily distracted by the fact that something she did apparently cleared the image of the SHIELD helicarrier off the right screen, replacing the image with scrolling text...

Benni, give me (at least) five more Reason FEATs (more wouldn't hurt in case you fail one or more along the way ).

Dice Roll: 1d100r1
d100 Results: 71

d100 Results: 91

d100 Results: 9

d100 Results: 96

d100 Results: 27

d100 Results: 40

Benni types quickly at the keyboard as she reads text, hyper focused on what she is doing.

Motya pauses in her attempts and remembers that she was given a communicator, standing up straight momentarily and setting Radical down she uses it to call out for help.

"Hello," she said. "I need someone in her to help me get Radical out of the building, I'm near the elevators and he's a little bit heavy."

The systems are encrypted, but Benni thinks she is making progress getting into them.

The screen on the right, which once displayed what appeared to be a live feed of the SHIELD helicarrier, has been replaced by text, revealing the name and description of a spy within that organization, apparently placed there by MODOK. The spy is a regional director for SHIELD.

The center screen, which previously held an image of Project Pegasus, also clears. Words appear on the screen indicating MODOK was behind the breakout that occurred there a few months back. In addition, there is information about another planned assault on the installation. The intent seems to be the release of even more super-powered villains.

The leftmost screen still displays soldiers preparing missiles. Benni quickly checks the scrolling text at the bottom of the screen.

...1:30...

Still plenty of time, she think to herself.

Give me another four Reason FEATs, please!

Benni bits her lip as she quickly reads through the info she found on the computers. She would love to forward the information immediately, but she doesn't have time. It is very important that she discover what MODOK has going on with the missiles, they could kill thousands of people.

Here we go!!
d100 Results: 61

d100 Results: 70

d100 Results: 82

d100 Results: 76

She dives into breaking the code, using what she has learned from the other two to help crack this one.

Motya slips the communicator into the collar of her unstable molecule clothes at the side of her neck so that it's still near her mouth and continues to try to drag Radical toward the elevators.

"Hello!" she said in a firm and even tone that was none the less urgent. "There's a count down of some kind, we've got less than two minutes to go and Benni is concentrating on stopping it so I need help."

She focuses her power through her feet and tries to produce another

Incredible Cold Generation:
Dice Roll:
1d100
d100 Results: 74

Good Agility:
Dice Roll:
1d100
d100 Results: 3

Feeble Strength:
Dice Roll:
1d100
d100 Results: 59

to make the slick (probably drawing from team karma now), walk on it and drag Radical over it
slick of ice to slide Radical over on the way to the elevator.