Notices

Issue Nine: Cornered Prey/Ominous Realm

The team manages to damage CM's manages enough that there hero breaks free. His next act is to free Radical Warrior. Between the two of them, getting the manacles off the other heroes is
CM spends 50 Karma total.
no great effort.

Benni, with the assist of the AIM agent, manages to get a message to Blackbird. The hero, already en route to the warehouse, manages to clearly pick up the audio in Benni's message, even if the video is a little fuzzy. Benni sounds busy, but not necessarily distressed.

Between Radical Warrior, Benni, and Centennial Man, the heroes can easily break through the prison bars holding them. The laboratory, off which the prison cell was located, is unoccupied. The cabinets on the wall contain parts and tools for electrical work.

The two men formerly imprisoned with you, the AIM agent and the guard, are willing to help the heroes, if they will let them.

"The locator said you folks are still at the warehouse. I'm en route - let me know if you need me to pick up anything on the way?"

Quote:
Benni does not see any obvious camera about the prison or the room beyond. Outside the cell, she can see a work bench along the wall is covered in electrical equipment and cabinets. In the corner is a large coffin-like chamber. Controls of some sort are along the opposite wall.

The AIM agent was captured by Modok's minions. He knows nothing about the nature of Modok's plans except that Modok wants to regain control of AIM.

The other prisoner is one of Modok's minions. He committed a minor offense and has been sentenced to become one of
the alteration chamber subjects.
"I can't think of anything right at this moment Blackbird. But call us before you enter the warehouse. "

Benni is holding her comcard as she moves over to the coffin like chamber and electrical equipment on the benches, examines everything, she waves over the guard, "Is this an alteration chamber?" She asks him curiously as she looks over the controls,
Reasoning, +talents (computer, physics, engineering) which ever applies best = Monstrous, karma=50,
Dice Roll: 1d100r1+50
d100 Results: 71 (Total = 121)
figuring out what it does and how it works.

"Good - I was half worried someone would ask me to stop off at Dunkin's or something. Blackbird out."

Well, apparently there's no emergency? But that doesn't make him slow down even slightly.

The coffin-like fixture is indeed the alteration chamber. The controls on the opposite wall are for operating it. MODOK must be trying to find some way of increasing his mobility while maintaining his intellect. Benni isn't convinced this piece of equipment will allow him to do that. Matter of fact, she's pretty sure it will do nothing except horribly maim those who it is used on at this point. Must be a work in progress. That's probably why these two guys were going to be 'test subjects'.

15 Karma spent.

Benni looks over at Moyta and Centennial man with a look that indicates they should pay attention to the Guard as she starts questioning him, "Can you get us a map of this building and tell us what is in each room, where we are, and where Modok is?"

Motya nods and moves closer to the two prisoners hoping that nearness would help out with her control.

empathy:
Dice Roll:
1d100
d100 Results: 39
empathy

Centennial Man sees how confidently Motya positions herself to use her psychic powers on the guards. He swallows hard, hesitating on how he should openly respond to his teammates. The last time he used his telepathy, he killed a man. Granted, he is certain that MODOK had used his superior mental powers to somehow boobytrap the victim's mind and trigger the killing, but Centennial Man still cannot ease the burden of the guilt he carries.

Apprehensive, the young hero stands beside Motya, his hands quivering as he starts to use his
RM Telepathy ... Karma if need be:
Dice Roll:
1d100
d100 Results: 33
telepathy.

"Umm...I can tell you the general layout, but I've been in there...", motioning to the prison cell, "...since before you arrived. I don't know where anyone is going to be right now. Right now, we're in the warehouse's basement. There's a hallway outside this room that leads back up above ground as well as over to the control room and into the power generators."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
"Umm...I can tell you the general layout, but I've been in there...", motioning to the prison cell, "...since before you arrived. I don't know where anyone is going to be right now. Right now, we're in the warehouse's basement. There's a hallway outside this room that leads back up above ground as well as over to the control room and into the power generators."
"Thanks for the help AIM scum" Rad then
Dice Roll: 1d100
d100 Results: 82
sucker punches the AIM agent in the face. "Let's go. I don't hand around with scum like those AIM agents."