Issue Nine: Cornered Prey/Ominous Realm

Radical Warrior manages to take out the remaining guard....and slide all the way back to the rest of the team on Motya's icy path.

The small room across the hallway has two doors: one on the east wall (which the guard who is accompanying you says he believes is just a storage area) and one on the south wall (which he claims is MODOK's control room).

At the very southern end of the hallway is a tube leading up...probably just a passage back above ground and off this level.

Outside...

Blackbird doesn't spot any signs of activity outside the warehouse, although he does notice a single small delivery truck a short distance away...didn't someone at the pool hall say something about the man in the beret driving a delivery truck? Looks like he might be in the right place...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
Outside...

Blackbird doesn't spot any signs of activity outside the warehouse, although he does notice a single small delivery truck a short distance away...didn't someone at the pool hall say something about the man in the beret driving a delivery truck? Looks like he might be in the right place...
He gets on the comm again, this time calling Avengers HQ.

"Weezy, please. Hey there - Blackbird here. I'm at the warehouse and would appreciate it if you could run a plate number for me, let me know what it turns up? Thanks...the number is-" and Blackbird relays what he sees below. All the while waiting for the team below to respond.

"Before you think of going there," Centennial Man suggests, "talk to him. Rad's psyche might be tougher than Pool Hall Bob's, but it's not worth the risk. You could trigger a boobytrap in his mind or something."

Benni gets on the radio, "Stand by Blackbird, we are about to enter the control room, from there we can direct you where to go."

Benni looks over at Moyta and CM to see if either of them can tell whether the guard was lying about the doors ahead as she gingerly walks on the ice Moyta left on the floor towards the door the Guard pointed out is the control room. She seems to be ignoring Rad's crazy outburst, maybe figuring he was just using it as a distraction.

Motya stands back, well aware that she hasn't healed even nearly completely yet, and simply lets herself...feel out what's around them. She especially tries to move back toward the guard that was "helping" them.

empathy:
Dice Roll:
1d100
d100 Results: 56
trying again to determine if he's lying or not, if allowed.
dice

"That was fun....can I ride it again? It's like the old slip n' slide in the yard."

Rad will do an air guitar power slide on the icy path.

"No, the voice in my head is my usual one......it's just so much fun to be obnoxious......seriously we have obviously not suprised anyone here and should proceed with caution."

Motya does not pick up anything
I only allow the empathy power to be used on the same individual once per encounter (except in special situations), otherwise the Power Rank wouldn't make any difference as you could just repeatedly use the power over and over. For the time being, whether or not Rad punched out 'the right one' remains a mystery.
new from the guard accompanying the heroes.

Blackbird relays the license plate info to Weezi, back at HQ, who promises to call right back with whatever she can dig up.

Since no combat is currently taking place in this hallway, the icy floor is no longer a danger to any of you (unless you do something...interesting...)

OK, since the previous intent seemed to be to head towards the control room and there hasn't been any objections to that course of action...

The room is large with a high ceiling. High on each wall is a 40 foot wide screen. On the right hand wall the screen shows the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier floating over farmland. Small flying cars buzz around it. The left-hand screen has a view of a large army base. There are soaring mountains on all sides. Inside the base soldiers scurry about as twelve large missiles are being lowered into silos. The center screen shows an aerial view of Project Pegasus, a government establishment for the imprisoning of super-powered villains which had a jailbreak several months back.

Three walls of the room have panels full of dials, knobs and buttons. Seated before the center screen are two men
in uniform, pistols at their sides. They look up in astonishment as you enter.

Taskmaster is in here as well, arguing with MODOK.

Kraven the hunter is also in the room, armed with the vibranium stuff he stole from EnergyStar.

Several more of the cyborgs, like those you encountered previously, are also stationed about the room, seemingly awaiting orders.

Initiatives?

MODOK
Dice Roll: 1d10+1
d10 Results: 6 (Total = 7)

Minions
Dice Roll: 1d10
d10 Results: 4

Kraven
Dice Roll: 1d10+4
d10 Results: 3 (Total = 7)

Taskmaster
Dice Roll: 1d10+4
d10 Results: 5 (Total = 9)

Cyber-sergeants
Dice Roll: 1d10-2
d10 Results: 10 (Total = 8)

Benni

Dice Roll: 1d10+1
d10 Results: 7 (Total = 8)
initiative

Benni quickly assesses the threats in the room and
What I would like to do is have Benni preform a charge attack that hits multiple targets using a single attack roll, she just plows through everyone in her path while Luring everyone to attack her. Luring gives opponents a +2 CS to hit her. Is this possible Sheridan?
charges.