Notices

Dead Void - A Zombie Space Apocalypse

Old Aug 30 '10, 8:22pm
Elder Dragon

Dead Void - A Zombie Space Apocalypse

Dead Void - Forum
Serenity
Estimated Members Requested: 9

I'm looking for several players capable of posting daily for a futuristic zombie apocalypse campaign. It will use the Serenity rules, but it will not be in the Serenity universe, though it will feel like it in various ways. The idea is that the game takes place in our own Solar System in the future, when we've colonized the rest of the solar system. The players are crewmembers aboard a freelancer space ship, that performs odd jobs like cargo hauling and space mining. The campaign will start at the end of a long cargo haul from Neptune to Earth, a trip that took a couple of months, during which time you've not heard a word from the outside universe. When you finally land on Earth, you come to find that the entire planet has fallen victim to a massive Zombie Apocalypse!

From then on it'll be up to you to decide where to go and how to survive. The entire solar system will be mapped out, and you'll really have free reign as to where to go. Earth has most of the food, but it also has the biggest infestation of undead and will be the hardest to survive on. Chaos spreads across the system though as ships fall victim to the virus and the government begins to crumble beneath the menace.

You don't need to know the Serenity rules to join. I can teach you nearly everything you need to know in like 15 minutes. The main focus is on the story anyway. If you're interested, let me know in this post and send me a PM with your email address and an IM program I can use to get in touch with you. I have access to AIM, Gmail, Yahoo, and MSN. I've got a lot of slots open for this, but I'm definitely looking for serious players who can post daily, or at least mostly daily.

Game Description:

Please note that while this campaign uses the Serenity rules, it does not take place in the Serenity universe. It takes place in our own solar system, but in the future.

The year is 2293, and mankind has managed to spread out beyond our planet and colonize the rest of the solar system. Mars has been terraformed (nearly), and there are bases on moons and asteroids all over the system, as well as space stations that are privately, corporate, and government owned. Mankind has become a space race, and many people have not even set foot on Earth, instead have grown up in the vast reaches of space.

Science fiction has almost always made space feel fairly small. Where Star Trek will make an entire species inhabiting a whole sector of space feel like one small village, in this campaign, space is appropriately enormous. One solar system is all that this game takes up, our own solar system, but without faster than light travel, everything feels huge.

The world looks a lot like ours. An extremely wealthy upper class that controls almost everything but only is comprised of about 0.5% of the population. An almost non-existent middle class, and an enormous lower class that breaks their back for small wages just to try and keep food in their stomachs and a roof over their heads. The Government exists all over, but is mostly focused on the core worlds, which basically comprises the space between the sun and the asteroid belt. Even then, they're mostly focused on Earth, since that's where the majority of the population exists. The further out you get, the more lawless things become. There's no area of space where things are basically existing in an anarchistic state, but basically out past Jupiter, and especially beyond Pluto, you'll find that the laws and the rules of the Government just get a lot more blurry. Especially when the nearest law ship is days, sometimes even weeks away.

You are part of a crew aboard a freelancer cargo ship that does odd jobs out in the void. You've done everything from mining asteroids to hauling medical supplies. It's a hard life, and you've had to do things that aren't strictly legal (or even moral), but you've gotten by doing the best you can. But during a routine cargo drop-off that took you from Neptune to Earth, and the better part of three months spent without any contact with the outside world, you discover something unbelievable. The whole planet has been taken over by the Undead!

How will you survive? The entire solar system will be open to you, and it'll be up to you where to go and how to deal with the collapse of infrastructure. Do you stay on Earth, where the threat is the greatest but there is also the biggest source of renewable food and resources, or do you opt to take your crew out into the black, taking your chances on dwindling resources over the undead horde? The choice is yours....

Posting interest.

Sci-fi setting! Open world campaign! Zombies! I do believe this might be the game to finally pull me out of my 4 year hiatus from pbp rpg's. Let my interest be noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
It kind has this 'Planet of the Apes' feel to it, ya know?!
Hopefully in a good way!

Anyone who's interested please PM me with a way to get in touch with you via email and IM, and I'll be in touch very soon.

color me interested.... 3 of my favorite things all in one game? How could I refuse. Will have to see what I can whip and balance with the other threads! ;-p