Old Sep 23 '10, 7:35pm
The Gamefather

DnD 4e Looking for one defender replacement

One Adventure at a Time - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 4e
Ad Closes: Oct 1 '10
Estimated Members Requested: 1

Hello all,

We are looking for a replacement player for a 4e campaign that is running the official WotC modules. Keep on the Shadowfell has just started so you haven't missed much. I originally started this campaign for people who haven't played much 4e D&D or are new to PbP games. I won't make that same requirement for the replacement, however, as I would like to get the game moving along.

Characters

We need a defender, so please only apply with that type of character.

Abilities are the typical 22 point buy system. This is a heroic campaign, so no evil characters if you please. That, however, doesn’t mean that I run my campaigns in a rigid, black and white atmosphere. There are many shades of grey available to play as a PC, I just don’t want down-right maliciousness as a leading motivator. Starting gold is 100gp. I’ll allow one character background, just so long as it fits with your character.

Allowed material: Pretty much anything goes. I have the core books and several of the supplements. If I don’t have the source material, I can always borrow it from my gaming group. They have all the books if I remember correctly. Dragon magazine is OK to pull from, too. I would like to restrict 3rd party (non-WotC) material, however, unless you have a really good justification for it.

Please post your application in the following format:

Name:
Race:
Class:

Game Description:

A game geared towards those new to 4e and/or PbP. We will be following the WotC module series from H1 to E3. The world base is the one in the PHB and DMG and will be centered mainly in the Nentir Vale.

Cast of Characters:
Seslin Ruer, an Eladrin Wizard
Eldora Fairhaven, a Half-Elven Bard
Fargrim, a Dwarven Cleric
Norfalcon Sandtracker, a Halfling Rogue

DMs:
Nestamon
Silverkiss

Last edited by Nestamon; Sep 23 '10 at 7:36pm..
Exciting! Always wanted to play this mod. What follows is a hybrid i have wanted to play. She is primarily a defender even though she is mixed with a leader type.

Name: Meressa Lilliwen
Race: Human
Class: Swordmage/Artificer

Name: Gauthak Stoneridge
Race: Goliath
Class: Warden

Name: None (To be determined by hopefully nice party members)
Race: Warforged
Class: Fighter

Showing interest. I've got the character summary, but I'll post it later when I have more time (got places to go and things to do right now).

Hey there people. I'm one of the players (playing Eldora the bard). it's nice to see some interest! if you have any questions, please ask.

Dangit... I've been working on an idea all day at work. I came to check in and noticed that Aguaro beat me to the punch!, I was going to go with a Warforged Warden (instead of Fighter), but the background was almost identical...

Back to the drawing board...

Aguro seems to really like the defender types

I am posting interest. We'll see if I can get something up.

Will most likely be a paladin.