Coffee Break of the Living Dead.

Old Sep 24 '10, 5:36am
Elder Dragon

Coffee Break of the Living Dead.

Coffee Break of the Living Dead - Forum
All Flesh Must Be Eaten
Estimated Members Requested: 3

This is the launching point of an entire campaign. Starting in an office building in downtown Edmonton, the characters worlds soon go to hell as a zombie apocalypse is unleashed under their noses. They must escape their workplace turned death trap and decided to flee the city, make due on their own or seek asylum at the military base north of the city. A full on survival horror game as white collar office employees band together to pool their meager survival skills.

If you want to throw your application in then by all means go ahead. All I'm looking for is a quick sentence about who you're going to play and a little background on the character. Nothing fancy for now but remember the character must work at this office building, whether that is the regional head of the company or the repair man is up to you.

Game Description:

Another ad for my game. I started it but my players vanished after the first post, so really you'd be coming in at the very start. Need zombie and horror lovers, prefer mature roleplayers that want a zombie game with a good build up before the poop hits the fan. Oh yeah, and not sore losers please. It's a zombie game. How many horror movies have you seen where the entire cast lived to the end? Not saying I'm out to get you, but the zombies sure the hell are!

Set in Edmonton, Canada. September 17th, first frost of the year.
You are an office employee at a bank regional headquarters and today begins like all the others. You wake up, shower and grab a cup of joe then off to your mind-numbing cubicle for another day of soul sucking monotony. It's like you're just a dead shell of a person.
Today is different though...Today is a day where fear, suspense, and adrenaline all come together to show you just how alive you really are.

Rules for creation are:

1.For stats roll d4 six times, arrange as desired. Make your rolls in the Coffee Lounge.
2.5 points for qualities and a max of 10 for drawbacks.
3.Skill points will start at 25. Plus 3 per level of intelligence. Characters under 18 -5 points and those 40+ gain 5 points, but lose 2 attribute points. This stacks for every 10 years past the age of 30.
4.You character will be either white or blue collar. This will be a horror survival game not a shoot em up game so no Rambos. For those of you that want an ex-military character, go ahead but as a heads up I'm pretty picky about that field. Plus how many bankers and accountants have a military background?
5.When considering gear you have all common consumer goods available, depending on your resources. The year is 2010 so if your character really wants to carry an Ipad then go for it.
6.Character types are restricted to the Norm type.
7.The scenario takes place in a bank regional office. It has a food court on the main floor, 2nd to 3rd floors are the headquarters of the Jewelery Barn, and 4th to 14th are the regional offices of the bank. For story's sake please have your characters work in this building.
8.For starting gear, whatever your resource level allows, within reason of course. Basically list what your character would be carrying during a normal work day.
9. For you gun nuts, sorry. The only people that can carry firearms legally are the RCMP boys. Even security guards are only allowed up to pepper spray.

Books allowed:
1.Core
2.One of the living
3.Archetypes.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, I know I've probably forgotten to add vital information. Also, I'm looking for maybe around three more people. Hopefully you can post a minimum of once a day. Though I understand if work or other real life complications prevent that.

Last edited by canab; Sep 25 '10 at 5:55am..
Also interested, played fistful of zombies a while back but the GM built the PC's around a concept for me because I don't have the books. not sure how easy or difficult that is, but I remember the system is easy enough to pick up once creation is done.

Would be interested in building mechanic or security guard if it's possible to play without the book, if not I totally understand.

Isaac Hunt, an ex marine now turned into a priest, 25 years old, works on the building giving conferences about religion and providing spiritual guidance to those who need it.

Mike Browne, Starbucks Barista, Age 19, just trying to pay his way through college.

I haven't played AFMbE yet, but I do have the books so it shouldn't be a problem.

If not knowing a thing about the system or how it works is cool - here's my character concept

Sarah Goodheart, 34 Runs the Employee Daycare center inside the building.

Yea I know there's way more than 3 right now but I can't resist:

Bob 'Shanks' McKenzie, 42, ran with the mullet crowd as a kid and now he cleans the toilets as the janitor, one day though Van Halen will be popular again.