General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

iTabletop?

The last Mac update for Skype was released September 17, 2009. So far as I can tell, group video chat functionality for Mac users of Skype has not yet been implemented.

Well there's your problem, you're using a mac :P

Joking... sad it doesnt' work on mac for your though. Macs are nice.

Mac users should just run Parallels, get your Windows on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenwynd View Post
Mac users should just run Parallels, get your Windows on.
I know people who would disembowel you for saying such things. I like MacOS a lot despite having cut my computing teeth on MS-DOS and Windows. A few things about Windows really bug the shit out of me but that's another topic.

I'm actually considering buying a Mac but I already own 2 laptops (one was purchased with an equipment grant because of a long wrangle with Toshitba which results in me lacking a recovery disk so that if I get hit with one of those nasty pieces of shit that just ****s Windows till it implodes inwards on itself, I'm so ****ed) so buying a third might just be a waste.

Besides you forgot to mention Bootcamp, which I'm sure is either bundled by default or can be purchased real cheap. Heck Snowleopard costs £30 and gave my friend 8GB of his hard drive back. Take that bloatware!

Comment was based in the sense of being able to run features of Skype that are windows only right now. I dont really like windows but i really dislike buying premade computers and Mac OS. I prefer to build my own and that limits me away from Mac and Mac OS. Disemboweling aside, if their was a Mac only program/feature i really wanted to us and they had Parallels for Windows to run OSX or whatever then i would do it. Mac fanboy aggro be damned. Macs blow ;p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemmnon View Post
Its decent, the community is non-existent though. So you're better using the free stuff Farland described above.
I hear the community's getting better, though.

I bought a membership; it seems pretty robust. I keep trying to get friends to get memberships but the whole pay thing is a hurdle for most. I'm a big fan of the whole sound effects, music thing as well but you can achieve a lot of that stuff freely I think as well.

Quote:
Comment was based in the sense of being able to run features of Skype that are windows only right now. I dont really like windows but i really dislike buying premade computers and Mac OS. I prefer to build my own and that limits me away from Mac and Mac OS. Disemboweling aside, if their was a Mac only program/feature i really wanted to us and they had Parallels for Windows to run OSX or whatever then i would do it. Mac fanboy aggro be damned. Macs blow ;p
Wait, you build your own computer, and then you waste the effort by putting Windows on it

Linux rules

Anyway, Linux users apparently have to wait just as long as the Mac users...

Yeah software support = Fail

Is the only reason i dont do linux

Quote:
Yeah software support = Fail

Is the only reason i dont do linux
Depends. For software development, text processing, realtime control, any type of demanding calculations, including graphics, Linux is superior.
The newest games and a handful of programs or specific features thereof which often have very good alternatives are about the only shortage.