Pathfinder Society: E6 Gestalt

Old Oct 11 '10, 6:10pm
Some call me...

Pathfinder Society: E6 Gestalt

Pathfinder Society: E6 - Forum
Pathfinder - Golarion
Estimated Members Requested: 1

Pathfinder Society seeks 3 new recruits to explore, delve, and otherwise experience the lesser-seen parts of Golarion.

The game will begin with recruits seeking entrance into the Society in Absalom. After passing a series of tests and trials, the hopeful will become an initiate, and receive training and sponsorship from the Society. After a final test, the initiate will be given full membership in the Society, and will then be sent out into Golarion, to seek and preserve lost knowledge and artifacts(a la Indiana Jones). Players will also be given opportunities to join the various factions within the Pathfinder Society, with all of the benefits and obligations that such membership entails.

I will expect each player to keep an updated Chronicle, which they will send back to their superiors in Absalom. This chronicle will determine the patronage and favors that the character will receive, as well as give the player an opportunity to expand the concept of their character when the constraints of RL time force us to skip some period of in-game time.

*Please Note* This is not Pathfinder Society Organized Play, though I may use an adventure from it here and there.

Those who follow these three things will be looked upon *much* more favorably when it comes to their applications.
  1. Please make an effort to make your character a part of Golarion, who has a drive to join the Pathfinders.
  2. Despite the gestalt and point-buy, I'm looking for well-rounded characterization, not Supermen.
  3. I want to understand his or her motivations, or at least know their root causes!
If you do not own the Golarion campaign setting, I highly suggest you dig around on the pathfinder wiki for a while, to get a feel for the setting. I plan to take us all across the map.

This ad will remain open until I feel like I have enough applications with good characterization to chose from.
Applications should be made here. All information pertaining to your app is found in that thread, but house-rules can be found here.

If you are unfamiliar with E6, please check it out here. Note that the feats have been revised to better fit Pathfinder.

Game Description:

The Pathfinder Society is a globe-spanning organization based out of Absalom, the world's largest city. The membership consists primarily of Pathfinders, adventurers who travel throughout Golarion, usually inconspicuously, and explore, delve, and otherwise experience the lesser-seen parts of the world. They send journals back to their venture-captain, who also assigns them new missions and suggests new places to explore. The most exciting and illuminating of these journals are compiled in the Pathfinder Chronicles, an ongoing series of books which collect the history and mystery of Golarion for their membership.

The Pathfinder Society is willing to accept members of all backgrounds, creeds and morals. Any applicant who does well enough overall on the initial tests is allowed to take the oath and become an initiate. Training is overseen by three deans, the Master of Swords, the Master of Spells and the Master of Lore. The final test, Confirmation, is taken after 3 years as an initiate (although ambitious or gifted initiates may persuade the deans to allow them to take the test earlier). The test is effectively the initiate’s first mission; those who pass become Pathfinders and those who fail are discharged from the Society (but often remain on good terms with it afterwards)

Members of the Society are loosely affiliated adventurers, who are not required to interact. However, they are forbidden direct conflict against each other, but this doesn't stop the more unscrupulous from leading rival parties into dangerous situations and dead ends. Most are issued a Wayfinder, which is a type of magical compass, and taught to recognize the signs indicating a lodge. Other than that they are largely free to be and do what they please. This allows for a very varied membership, with a Chelaxian devil-binder and a Garundi rogue easily finding themselves sharing a night in the same lodge in the far north of Avistan.

Last edited by itsgottabeodin; Oct 11 '10 at 6:11pm..