The Trials - Group Thread

 
Jin Wei

As the others vie for the young man's attention, Jin decides that it would be a shame to waste such an opportunity. Taking
Stealth:
Dice Roll:
1d20+8
d20 Results: 6 (Total = 14)
cover behind some of his fellow applicants, he waits for the opportunity to slip by the gray robed gatekeeper.

Rogar stops and looks at the man, a smile on his face. "You would use violence to keep me out, when two others have already entered? I think our large friend is right: this is another test to see how we try to get by. Since you've already let a few others by, why not one more?" The cleric says it all in a soothing manner, attempting to
Unable to find the game forum
talk his way past the man calmly, rather than threateningly.

Good choice, boy. Brim slowly walks towards a stone building near the edge of the compound stopping a moment to glance back over his shoulder showing off a pompous smirk for any who would observe especially the uncultured barbarian.


The man's face softens a bit at Rogar's soothing words, after a brief glance out into the crowds, he purposefully looks away from Rogar.
Perception Check from all of you that are left.

... but not at the man trying to sneak in behind him. His face regains the sneer, as if returning to its natural expression, as he cuts of Jin's entry with his mace barring the way. He snorts, "If that's the best you've got, you'll never make it. Why don't you save us all the time and effort and just give it up."

Erol Garreth

"I'd almost blame the Society for making that too easy, but I imagine it would have required much more effort if the others weren't so...forthright. They're tools to be used as any other to pass these tests."

Erol spoke softly to himself under his breath.


Fallim
Perception:
Dice Roll:
1d20+2
d20 Results: 11 (Total = 13)
peers at Gray Robes -- should he try to sneak past while the Minkai holds his attention?

Fallim and a plain tortoise shell cat
Stealth:
Dice Roll:
1d20+7
d20 Results: 12 (Total = 19)
try to slip past on the other side of Gray Robes and his current target.

Jin Wei

Jin stops short as the mace blocks his way. Turning to look at the robed guardian, he smiles widely again, "I was good enough to spot that you were lying about the passes." And with a wink, he tries
Acrobatics:
Dice Roll:
1d20+8
d20 Results: 7 (Total = 15)
tumbling under the mace and through the gate.

Distracted as Fallim tries to slip by on his other side, the man in gray robes can't react fast enough to stop Jin from slipping by.

He stamps his foot and glowers with particular hatred at those few that are left standing outside the gate. The crowd cheers for the applicants, while jeering the gate guard with particular glee.





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Blog   Myth-Weavers Status