Jin Wei's Trials

 
Jin Wei's Trials

You must tell me everything! Are you running/walking? Are you keeping an eye out? ...give me a perception check every post! Make ALL checks that you think might be relevant!

You can see clearly in the dim light, but no source of light is evident in the cool stone corridor. The corridor is not square, but winding, and the walls seem to get rougher the further you travel. The twisting passageways prevent you from seeing far ahead.

Soon enough, the passage branches in two different directions.

Moving
Half-speed
slowly down the passage, Jin attempts to be as
Stealth:
Dice Roll:
1d20+8
d20 Results: 18 (Total = 26)
quiet as possible while also trying to keep an
Perception:
Dice Roll:
1d20+7
d20 Results: 2 (Total = 9)
eye out for any tell-tale signs of traps.

When the passage splits into two, he pauses and
Perception - Left:
Dice Roll:
1d20+6
d20 Results: 10 (Total = 16)
listens down
Perception - Right:
Dice Roll:
1d20+6
d20 Results: 10 (Total = 16)
each passage to try to get a sense of what might be down each one.

The cool corridors are deadly silent, not even a whisper of air moving past your face, let alone sounds to hear.

The right corridor looks identical to the left... but looking up, you spot faint words scratched into the ceiling. The letters are written in common... but it just seems to be gibberish.

Jin pauses to
Perception:
Dice Roll:
1d20+6
d20 Results: 4 (Total = 10)
examine
Checking for simple cyphers: If I reverse the order of the letters, does it make sense? Or how about a mirror image? While Jin doesn't have a mirror, he might be able to "copy" a mirror image in the dirt on the floor using his finger to sketch it out. Unfortunately I can't use Linguistics as it can't be used Untrained. Oh well.
the words on the ceiling more closely. He also tries holding up the bracelet near the words to see if anything happens.

No simple ciphers seem to work on it, but you study it hard, attempting to use
INT check:
Dice Roll:
1d20+2z
d20 Results: 7 (Total = 9)
sheer brain power (9).

Nothing you try seems to work. The words remain a mystery.

After spending a couple minutes trying to figure the puzzle out, Jin shrugs and realizes it's beyond him.
Perception:
Dice Roll:
1d20+6
d20 Results: 2 (Total = 8)
Looking down each of the two passages, he gives a small unspoken prayer to Desna for luck and
Stealth:
Dice Roll:
1d20+8
d20 Results: 20 (Total = 28)
slowly moves down the right passage, keeping his
Perception - Checking for traps:
Dice Roll:
1d20+7
d20 Results: 12 (Total = 19)
eyes open for danger.

The passage continues on, as silent as you are. After several minutes of cautious movement you come upon a second branching. There are three passageways leading off from here. Jin's keen eyes catch sight of a small arrow scratched into the ceiling. It points down the center path.

Moving directly for the center path, Jin continues
Perception:
Dice Roll:
1d20+6
d20 Results: 15 (Total = 21)
looking looking around and
Stealth:
Dice Roll:
1d20+8
d20 Results: 20 (Total = 28)
cautiously proceeds down the passage while also
Perception - Checking for traps:
Dice Roll:
1d20+7
d20 Results: 19 (Total = 26)
watching for danger.

Following the arrow he saw, Jin turns and
Stealth:
Dice Roll:
1d20+8
d20 Results: 10 (Total = 18)
cautiously moves down the right-hand passage. Having not found any physical obstacles or traps yet, he starts to grow a bit nervous, so he
If he comes to an intersection and DOESN'T spot an arrow, he will pause and Take 20 on Perception to see if he can find it. Total: 26
pauses for a moment to get his focus back before continuing.
Perception:
Dice Roll:
1d20+6
d20 Results: 16 (Total = 22)
Looking around as he proceeds, he continues
Perception - Checking for traps:
Dice Roll:
1d20+7
d20 Results: 15 (Total = 22)
scanning the passage ahead of him for traps.




 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Blog   Myth-Weavers Status