Notices


Jin Wei's Trials

 
Jin sprints across the room, the ticking timer seemingly faster than he is. Jin slams into the door, but he can't hear the noise over the screaming violence of the room behind him.

He now stands in a 5-foot niche, with only a large wooden door in front, and a room of deadly metal behind.

Taking a breath after passing the deadly trap, Jin waits until the trap has stopped and then
Perception:
Dice Roll:
1d20+6
d20 Results: 9 (Total = 15)
listens at the door in case he can get a clue as to what is on the other side. He then
Perception - Trapfinding:
Dice Roll:
1d20+7
d20 Results: 4 (Total = 11)
checks the door for booby traps.

Between the thickness of the door, and the intermittent noise behind him, all Jin hears is the sound of wood pressed against his ear. Jin doesn't see any traps, but the door is locked.

Pulling out his thieves tools, Jin
Disable Device:
Dice Roll:
1d20+7
d20 Results: 19 (Total = 26)
sets to work on the
If he doesn't make it with this roll, he will Take 20. Total: 27
lock.

The lock clicks open with a satisfying click.

I'm going to assume you open it.

Jin grasps the handle to swing the door open. As he does so, he feels a sharp pain in his hand, and his vision seems to blur for a moment.

DC 15 Fort save or take
Dice Roll: 2d2z
d2 Results: 2, 2 (Total = 4)
WIS damage (4) Ouch.


Jin's blurred vision takes a moment to clear, revealing a tall and thin man, coolly peering at you. His grim visage reminds you of the undead, but his eyes are quite alive. He bows and you notice his fine attire, a man-servant, it seems. He steps back to allow you entrance, and the room opens up before you.

It is a palatial space, finely wallpapered with gilt trim and all the correct touches. A fireplace stands at one wall and sturdy windows, which look out over a garden far below, line the other walls. No other door is evident. There is a table at the center of the room of finely carved mahogany, and on it a scattering of chips and cards.

At the table are two men and a woman. All three are dressed in the latest fashion, and the most expensive clothes. One of the men is grotesquely obese, his dank black hair uncombed. The other man thin and sallow-faced, with pale hair to match his pale skin. The woman is simply stunning, her red hair piled atop her head, her bodice immodestly low.

Silently cursing himself for missing the needle trap on the door, Jin
Fort Save:
Dice Roll:
1d20+3
d20 Results: 12 (Total = 15)
tries to shake off the poison now coursing through him.

Whew. Made it.

Bowing graciously at the man-servant, Jin crosses the threshold and
Perception:
Dice Roll:
1d20+6
d20 Results: 8 (Total = 14)
looks around, his gaze taking in the room until ending on the thin, sallow-faced man. Smiling easily, he walks forwards to the table and
Diplomacy:
Dice Roll:
1d20+5
d20 Results: 1 (Total = 6)
says in greeting "Good days, sirs and madam. The pleasure is mine. Am I correct that you have a test I must pass in order to proceed?" Jin stops by the table and
Will save to disbelieve illusion:
Dice Roll:
1d20+4
d20 Results: 4 (Total = 8)
places his hands on top of the table, avoiding touching any of the items on it.

Ouch. Tanked the Diplomacy roll. This could be bad...

The large man looks up as you step in, delight on his face, "Ah! Our fourth! Come, come, your seat awaits." He indicates the lone seat across from himself. The others look up and smile, waiting for you to take your place... until the words come out of Jin's mouth.

The woman laughs, snickers really, and the sallow-faced man blinks at Jin, as if he is crazy. The large man keeps a brave smile plastered on his face, "...test? Er, we shall certainly test your skill at cards! ha ha!" He looks to the woman, "Oh come now, Maurice, its been so long since Jin played with us. Play nice." The woman sighs, and waves a begrudging hand at the chair next to her.

As you peer at the table, you instantly recognize the game:
Think poker.
Alas, Cards are hard to do pbp. If you want to play, give a WIS/INT/CHA/Profession(gambling) check, along with a bid... once we get to that bit.
Golem

The wood thumps convincingly.

Jin blinks at the strange turn of events, then his smile breaks into a big grin. "My apologies, Maurice," he says,
Bluff:
Dice Roll:
1d20+6
d20 Results: 17 (Total = 23)
bluffing, "A small jest on my part. Please forgive me." He gives a small bow in the large man's direction and then
Disbelieve again, because something weird is going on:
Dice Roll:
1d20+4
d20 Results: 16 (Total = 20)
sits down in the offered chair.
Perception:
Dice Roll:
1d20+6
d20 Results: 20 (Total = 26)
Turning to the woman, Jin asks "What are the usual stakes? My apologies, but it's been so long I've forgotten."

Is there a stack of chips in front of my seat? Have cards already been dealt? Can I use a Bluff check to gamble, instead?
OOC




 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Blog   Myth-Weavers Status