Lars' Trials

 
Lars' Trials

You must tell me everything! Are you running/walking? Are you keeping an eye out? ...give me a perception check every post! Make ALL checks that you think might be relevant!

You can see clearly in the dim light, but no source of light is evident in the cool stone corridor. The corridor is not square, but winding, and the walls seem to get rougher the further you travel. The twisting passageways prevent you from seeing far ahead. No sign of those who went before are evident.

Soon enough, the passage branches in two different directions.

Lars takes a moment to have a look around him to see if there is anything 'here'. 'Let the dog see the rabbit' he mutters softly to himself. He concentrates for a moment, mumbling a few words of power.

OOC: Cast Dancing Lights and have them strung out ahead of me at 10' intervals. As it's a cantrip, happy to assume I just recast when required? Each casting lasts 1 minute.

Having provided a little illumination, he looks at the floor, walls and ceiling.

Dice Roll: 1d20+6
d20 Results: 14 (Total = 20)
Perception

That sounds fine.

The corridor is empty, dead silent even. The walls are solid enough, though less well-worked than those walls nearer to the entrance. On closer inspection, you find what seem to be strange carvings in the wall... a closer look shows that it is written in the Common alphabet, but it is all gibberish.

OOC: are there a lot of words? I'm debating Comprehend Languages, but if there are less than 50 words or so, I will take one of the pieces of chalk from the map-making kit, and transcribe the words onto the end of the barrel.

Lars walks slowly down the corridor until he reaches the split and then listens.

Dice Roll: 1d20+6
d20 Results: 2 (Total = 8)
Perception

OOC: As Lars doesn't hear anything, he will take out the chalk again, make a mark on the left wall of the left hand fork near the entrance, and walk down that passage.

There seem to be three groupings of letters... perhaps words.
Dice Roll: 1d20+2z
d20 Results: 5 (Total = 7)
(7)

Lars heads down the left passageway. After a short time, you see a red glow on the walls, which seems to be emanating from yourself. You look down to see a red mark on your pendant. A penalty, you surmise. You look up to see that the passageway has dead-ended.

Lars frowns at the thought that he has been penalised for something he has done. He retraces his steps, erases the chalk mark on the left passage and draws on the right instead. Then he walks down that way, keeping his eyes and ears open as he goes
Dice Roll: 1d20+6
d20 Results: 18 (Total = 24)
Perception

After several minutes of walking down the corridor, you come upon a second branching of the ways. This time there are three passageways to choose from, with nothing to distinguish them from one another except for a pair of faint marks scratched into the floor of the middle passage. Someone took a sword to the floor, it appears.

Once again, Lars stops to listen.

Dice Roll: 1d20+6
d20 Results: 17 (Total = 23)
Perception

OC: If he doesn't hear anything, he will again mark the left hand passage and head down it.




 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Myth-Weavers Status