Notices

Security Tent

Security Tent

(description to follow)

Captain Michael Wantanabe
Lieutenant James Lockley

Michael called a meeting into the security tent. It was GP large, connected to 2 GP mediums. I GP medium was for him and Lockley and the other was the armory. The rest of the team shared bunks with the rest of the crew.

Lt. James Lockley was bored sitting next to the radio. He was talking with a couple of the Security team that was still injured but was good enough to help at the tent. Michael came in from the cold and immediately addressed Lt Lockley, “Call in the squad leaders. Command meeting.”

Lt Lockley made the call and the Non-Commissioned Officers were there in minutes. That was one thing that the Captain gave them, they were well trained and discipline. He had reformed the units into 3 squads of 13. 2 squads were on the line at one time. With 10 soldiers still out of action, the 3rd squad had to send an extra person to help whatever squad was on the line. The leaders were SSGT Taner, MSgt Styrciski, and TSrgt Warwick.

“I’ll make it simple,” Captain Wantanabe started, “Lt. Lockley needs 4 volunteers. Since we were re-briefed you know that there are two sights we needed to explor as possible avenues of getting out of here. The one we are at now, and one further north. A Sec team needs to go with the big heads to keep them out of trouble. I’m staying here to run camp. Lt Lockley will be in charge of the sec team. I need you three to stay here, so who else do we have?”

The conversation goes on for another hour as people are suggested then taken off of the list. Load outs are considered, and eventually everything is agreed upon. The sergeants go after the people and Lt Lockley gets his gear ready.

The security team acknowledges the captain's order and plans to move out the next day.

Jake had been banged up pretty good in the 'landing' of the Hammond, several stitches and a major concussion have kept him bed ridden and on light duty since they landed but he had finally had enough. When the call for volunteers went out he was present but he didn't say anything, instead he approached Captain Wantanabe after the meeting had concluded.

"Sir," He says approaching the Captain. "I would like to go with the Sec team, I think I've got the skills necessary to assist the team." He continues calmly his voice even and smooth. After the bump he took on the head he wasn't sure that he and Wantanabe had actually met before, but if the Captain had any questions he would ask.

Lt James Lockley
Captain Micheal Wantanabe

As Jake walks into the tent, a white male with brown hair pushed past him. His uniform has a silver bar on one shoulder, a set of cross rifles on the other, and the standard SGC patch on the right shoulder. Instead of the Star Gate team, or the name of the ship, the bottom of the patch said 1st Ranger Company. The man walks into the general barracks tent. As Jake continues inside.

The GP large is as open as the medical tent, but not as crowded. There are openings leading to the other two attached tents, a portable field desk against one wall with a C.I.N.G.A.R.S. radio on it, and a field table with the camp layout drawn out. It shows weapon emplacements, LPOP positions, and patrol routes.

Two of Jake’s friends from the ship are in the tent. One was Ryan Benison. He had broken his arm in the initial attack and now kept it in a sling as he manned the radio. Chris Carter sat in one of the chairs surrounding the field table. When Ryan responded to something over the radio, Chris would update one of the boards, or the map. Chris was said to have suffered a major brain injury, and if it wasn’t for the gaululd healing device, he might had died. Though he was healed, he wasn’t 100%. He seemed to get dizzy and light headed if he stood to long.

The last person in the room was a large man wearing similar fatigues as the one who had passed by him. His features were obviously American Indian, and the rank on his color were two silver bars designating him as captain. Once again, the patch on his shoulder said SGC 1st Ranger Company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jakers View Post
"Sir," He says approaching the Captain. "I would like to go with the Sec team, I think I've got the skills necessary to assist the team." He continues calmly his voice even and smooth. After the bump he took on the head he wasn't sure that he and Wantanabe had actually met before, but if the Captain had any questions he would ask.
The captain looked the NCO over, “What exactly can you do?” he asked in reply.

"I served CCT, ran ops with the Green Berets and Force Recon back home. I'm a decorated marksman and I've a talent for dealing with nature, I feel my skills can be put to better use out there than stuck here in camp. Sir." Jake says plainly still at attention.

“Well Bishop, that’s up to Lieutenant Lockley right now. He’s putting the team together, and last we heard you were still on the light duty list. Are you off of it now?”
The captain replies Bishop having his full attention.

"I'm good to be cleared Sir, just need to take care of the formalities. That being said I'll got speak with the lieutenant and find out if he has a place for me." He salutes and waits for to be acknowledge before leaving to find Lieutenant Lockley.

"Go get the medics to put it in writing. By the time you get back the Lieutenant should be here and I'll let him know your intrested." The captain replies, returning the salute and excusing him.

"Yes, sir." Jake says taking his leave and making his way to the medical tent to get his examination.