Recruiting for "Fury of the Alliance"

Old Nov 7 '10, 6:02pm
Great Wyrm

Recruiting for "Fury of the Alliance"

Fury of the Alliance - Forum
Star Wars Saga
Ad Closes: Nov 16 '10
Estimated Members Requested: 5

It is two years before the legendary Battle of Yavin. The Death Star is nearing completion. Today, a small number of disguised rebel troops is landing on Coruscant. Inside the Rebellion, they are only known as Fury Squad. They come in absolute secrecy. Separately, aboard refugee ships and some even in cargo crates. First, they must discover what intelligence they can on the Empire's plans, particularly their rumored superweapon. Second, they must make the Rebellion known here, at the heart of the Empire. They must shatter the promises of a "safe and secure society" which the Emperor promised in the Declaration of a New Order.

The Empire won't know what hit them. But you do. They will be hit by the Fury of the Alliance.

APPLICATIONSPut them here. Here's what I'm after:
Name: Self Explanatory I should hope
Race and Home Planet: Who are you and where do you come from?
Class and Role: You start at level 6. Fill in what party role you'd fill as well as what class(es) you have chosen.
Destiny:Yes, you may have one. Try to make it fit.
Physical Description: Tell me what I'm looking at here (or show me with pictures if you wish)
Personality: Make me like (or dislike in a good way) your character.
History:Since this is non-canon, feel free to make up some events, as long as you don't go too crazy. Why and when you joined the Rebels is a good start. Work from there. Another thing you are fairly free to decide is naming Jedi survivors in your history. You are not allowed to "confirm" the deaths of any significant canon Jedi, however.
Shopping List: You are allowed to spend 20 000c on equipment and another
Triple this for nobles with Wealth talent
20 000c on Coruscant contacts and real-estate.

Stat Generation: 32 Points for your stats. HP is max for first level and half-maximum (rounded down) for subsequent levels.
Droids are allowed, even custom-built droids. You get 29 points to generate stats, and you are free to upgrade yourself with your money.

Allowed Materials: Core, Force Unleashed, Rebellion Era, KOTOR,
including Startship Tactics if you so wish to use them
Starships of the Galaxy, Galaxy at War, Scum and Villiany, Jedi Academy Training Manual (JATM), Clone Wars Campaign Guide.
All races from here are allowed, with caveats:
*No races that are discoverd later than Episode V, or are unlikely to be in the alliance (Ewoks, Hutts and Chiss spring to mind)
*If your race cannot speak Basic, it must be able to at least understand basic, and have some way of communicating. Sharing a backstory with a Translator (Wookie and a Droid or Human) or can interface with a Computer (droids) are some examples.
Any classes and options are allowed, but you are not allowed to multiclass into more than three heroic classes during character creation. For droids, nonheroic levels do not count toward this limit (they do count toward maximum character level, though).

Houserule: Droids are allowed to take class levels in Jedi, however they cannot take any force powers and can only take talents where UtF rolls can be substituted for perception or acrobatics rolls as appropriate. If neither of these substitutions is appropriate (such as with Battle Meditation), or if the talent obviously cannot be done without using the Force (such as the lightsaber return feature of Throw Lightsaber), then the talent cannot be taken.

EDIT: Added Jedi Academy Training Manual to allowed sources and made vehicle-buying a special case of equipment.
EDIT2: Specified lightsaber rules
EDIT3: Added Clone Wars CG to the allowed materials

Game Description:

The principle of this Star Wars game is that Anakin Skywalker was never discovered on Tatooine. This, naturally, has far-reaching consequences in the universe. In general, the events remained the same, however. Events such as the Clone Wars and Order 66 still happened. As did the Declaration of a New Order. There are a number of notable differences, however.

After Count Dooku was

His death was unintended in this timeline. He attempted to escape the battle of Coruscant, but his escape pod was caught in a crossfire between two capital ships and destroyed.
killed Emperor Palpatine didn't find an apprentice until after Order 66. Because of this, Order 66 was not as efficient as originally intended. The Jedi order had more warning and roughly half of the Jedi Order survived Order 66 itself. The following Great Jedi Purge whittled this down to some fifteen to twenty per cent. As a result, there is a considerable amount of Jedi helping the Rebellion.

A year after the Declaration of a New Order, the Emperor found himself an apprentice. A male human who is now known as Darth Vasq. He is known to be both a brilliant tactician and a masterful strategist, while his abilities with the Force and a Lightsaber are above average at best. Darth Vasq was very involved in the development of the Imperial Officer Corps. While the personal abilities of Stormtroopers are still comparable to the original films, their real threat is that they are efficiently commanded and coordinated by excellent officers.

Another important note is that it's not just Jedi use lightsabers. It is not uncommon for Rebel soldiers to be trained with the use of a Lightsaber. On the other side, the Empire employed mercenaries and bounty hunters to hunt down Jedi and their lightsabers often ended up on the black market or in the hands on independent mercenaries. There few rebels (aside from the rebel Jedi) and mercenaries who can go toe-to-toe against force-users in lightsaber combat, however.

Last edited by Martenzo; Nov 12 '10 at 10:08am..
I am interested for sure, I am pretty sure I will be making a droid...not sure what else yet but I thought this might be helpful since you mentioned wealth by level:

Application in progess...

Posting interest. Still debating between a Jedi or a Noble, though, so it could take a while to get the concept up.

Intrested and I guess when stat point is 32 you have included the raise of ability score during leveling and that I'm not supposed to add those to the score?

app finished.. but willing to tweak it to fit the campaign, if GM wants. (and/or to better fit into the group)

Another question on the topic for Jedi there is the Jedi Academy Training Manual, it's not in the list of allowed material but I think it's for the time before we playing so could it be possible to use some of the talents in it?

Oh. Uh sure. Yes. I admit, I copied the entire advertisment of A Last Hope. Adding Jedi Academy Training Manual to the list of materials.

Whats the credit rating we´r going to have? (and should we pool money for personal craft or something ?)