The Man With No Name

A Eulogy for Socrates

A Eulogy for Socrates - Forum
All Flesh Must Be Eaten
Estimated Members Requested: 4

Who's up for All Flesh Must Be Eaten?

Game Description:

WHERE AM I...?

Something strange has happened. The last thing you remember, you had gone into the hospital to donate blood. They stuck a needle in your arm and -

And -

...and what? After that, there's nothing. Did they drug you or something? How long were you out? Where are you now?

Lying on a cold metal table in a strange white one-piece outfit, that's where. Maybe they did drug you, and now you're in their lab, and they're going to come in any minute now and start sticking more needles in you.

Hold on, though. You're not strapped down.

You sit up and look around blearily. You're not the only one in here. There's a couple other tables beside yours. Other people are sitting up, noticing their surroundings, looking just as confused as you do.

Then, as one, you all notice the door. There's no handle or knob. It's just a metal slab in a metal wall with a little button next to it. But it's got something written on it in red spray paint:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT OPEN

This is "A Eulogy for Socrates", an All Flesh Must Be Eaten game set in... well... I'm not going to tell you. As you can see from the intro above, discovering where you are and why you're there is as much a part of this game as fighting the zombies. The title's significance will become apparent in time as well. Don't worry, though; I'm not going to start quoting philosophy at you.

This is going to be a horror-style game. That means that things may get a little extreme at times, so if you don't want gore and language, don't join this game.

If you're interested in signing up, here's what you need to do:

- Create a Survivor or Norm character. This means that you have 20 points for Attributes, 15 points for Qualities (and up to 10 in Drawbacks), and 35 points for skills if you're a Survivor; you get 14, 5, and 30 if you're a Norm. Your characters should be from modern-day Chicago. You all went to donate blood during the latest blood drive and have no memory of what has happened since then. No Inspired characters, please, but if you want to play a Norm rather than a Survivor, I won't stop you (and kudos to taking the hard route).
- Post your character name, background, personality and description here. The only restriction on your background is that the last thing you remember is donating blood at a Chicago hospital.
- Wait to see if you're accepted.

I'm in the process of creating my character now. Are you allowing the new skills, qualities and drawbacks that are available in other AFMBE source books?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryotech View Post
Count me in if you're ok with me joining.
Fine with me. I just need to see your character.

Hi Unbeliever,

Sorry, I had edited that out because I originally didn't see the post the character creation part.

As per my edited post, are you allowing the new skills, drawbacks and qualities found in the AFMBE source books?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryotech View Post
Hi Unbeliever,

Sorry, I had edited that out because I originally didn't see the post the character creation part.

As per my edited post, are you allowing the new skills, drawbacks and qualities found in the AFMBE source books?
Which are you wanting?

Both of those are fine.

Interest. While I can't pick up a character tonight, and probably not even tomorrow, I'm free Thursday.
Could you post a link to AFMbE? If I remember correctly, the majority of material is online, yes?
Also, this is based on D20 Modern, if I' not mistaken... is there a website with basic rules for this system-- like the SRD for 3.5?
[EDIT]
Sorry, entirely wrong. I found a copy of the main book online. I will browse through it when I have the opportunity.

Will I need another book to explain Unisystem rules?
[EDIT]
I think I know enough to play. Depending on how soon you're going to get the rest of the group together, and start, I think I may just want to play the Computer Hacker archetype.

Here's my character descrip, background and personality info:

Quote:
Character Description:
Name: Jason French
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Green
Height: 5’9”
Weight: 157lbs
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Economic Status: Below Average
Social Status: Nursing Student

Background:
At the young age of 10, not only did Jason have to witness his father deteriorate and eventually pass away from lung cancer, but he witnessed how cruel and insensitive the medical staff, especially the doctors and nurses, could be. It was then he realized he was going to be a doctor and he vowed he would offer a compassionate hand to anyone who needed his help, not just too those he felt deserved it.

Pursuing his goal, Jason spent a majority of his childhood and teenage years indoors studying medical journals, resource books and extensively studying the human body and cures for diseases, particularly cures for cancerous diseases to the point searching for a cure became an obsession. Immediately after graduating high school he applied for Boston’s Harvard University Medical School but was rejected due to lack of personal life experience in the chosen field. Not accepting the rejection as ultimate failure, he sought to gain the required personal life experience hands-on and went to work at the Harmony Nursing and Rehab Center as a CNA.

One fateful day, Jason was asked to come in on his day off and because he had agreed, a golden opportunity presented itself. An all staff bulletin advertising an in-house scholarship to any employees furthering they're careers. The HNR Center would pay up to 75% of the tuition for nursing school in exchange for a commit of five years employment service from the student. Jason immediately signed up for the in-house scholarship program and enrolled in the University of Illinois College of Nursing where he is currently a nursing student.

Personality:
Jason is an ambitious and generous person who will do what he can to help a fellow human being unless that person proves that they are untrustworthy or cruel in nature. He thoroughly enjoys jokes, pulling pranks and loves to laugh but will refrain if it comes at the expensive of hurting another’s feeling but he does have a tendency to use wit to shield his fear.

In his spare time, Jason tends to vanish into mountainous ranges and thick forests to live off the land as his father and he used to do growing up before his father got too sick to continue. They routinely went on survival camping trips together, either in the mountains or in forests and they’d spend weeks living off the land and learning about plants with medicinal properties. He also spends quite a bit of time taking scenic photographs or making indie style documentary nature films.

Though Jason doesn’t have a lot of friends, to the ones he does have, he’s extremely loyal and the type of friend that you can count on no matter the situation.