Lost Episodes, SW Saga

Old Nov 11 '10, 2:56am
Hi!

Lost Episodes, SW Saga

Lost Episodes - Forum
Star Wars Saga - Legacy Era
Estimated Members Requested: 2

Howdy all.

I'm going to keep this relatively short. The Lost Episodes is a GM-only game that's been running for about a year and a half now. We're looking for one or two new GMs to join us. Every GM is required to run a short adventure for the other PCs. It's a rotation. Unfortunately, well honestly, we're run through a lot of GMs. It's not a game for everyone. It's a light-hearted game, more like a tabletop game than a drama-heavy PBP game. But the folks who've hung around, well, they're an outstanding group.

You can read more in the previous ads I've put up:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=85518
http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=74189
http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=62126

Things to consider before applying:
We've lost most the Jedi who have joined us. There's something about players who want to be Jedi that just doesn't mesh with our group. You've been warned.
Don't try to fill a role or nice. Make something you want to play. If you want to be a pilot, make a pilot. Yeah, we have. So what, we can have another. Except Jedi... :P
No, seriously, you can plan on making a Jedi, just, you've been warned twice now. They seem to be like oil and water with this group.

Game Description:

In the year 155 ABY the galaxy is at peace. After years of struggle the Sith Empire has finally conquered the galaxy. The last remnants of the Galactic Republic were defeated 5 years ago in the Outer Rim. It was not a great battle, or one that will be remembered. Less than a dozen Republic ships had remained, arrayed against the Grand Fleet of the Empire. Emperor Arsaec, a powerful Sith Lord, left before the first shots were fired. The battle was a foregone conclusion.

Since the end of the Republic day to day life in the Sith Empire, for the common citizen, has been largely peaceful. Taxes are high, but not unbearable. Trade goods are flowing. Smugglers still thrive, though the punishments for crime are harsh. One system, Corellia, tried to rise up against the Empire. Over 80% of the population were either killed or enslaved. Since that time other systems have waited patiently and quietly, in no hurry to rebel; they see clearly that the Sith will soon take care of themselves. They are waiting.

The Jedi, the guardians of the galaxy from times long past, have largely disappeared. Most were killed by the Sith during the war. Some turned and joined the Sith. A few, a small precious few, remained behind, keeping the lore, history, and training of the Jedi alive. They operate largely in secret, trying to keep the peace. They are waiting. Hidden.

The galaxy is waiting, with baited breath, for something. Empires have risen and fallen. Republics have come and gone. Surely a sign must be coming, something to mark the start of a new age.

That was 4 years ago.

Now the galaxy is at war. The Empire is beset by two dangerous foes, the New Order and the Alliance. The New Order, led by Governor Anders Tarkin and his Palpatine clone, have carved out a huge swath of worlds from the Empire, including many key manufacturing worlds. The industrial might of the New Order rivals that of the Empire. Meanwhile, the Alliance, led by Ardinn Kord and the old Jedi Rynah, occupy the fringe of the galaxy and insist on establishing a government with the pervasive influence of the Sith Lords.

And the

Last edited by drkrough; Nov 11 '10 at 2:58am..
It's worth mentioning: the apathy is strong in these ones. Past experience has shown that things such as the fate of the galaxy and the ultimate balance of good and evil tend to fly completely past most of these characters; their main motivating factors can generally be summed up as "credits," "shiny technology," and "sure why not."

This isn't to say that you shouldn't apply with characters with strong moral viewpoints; just expect one or two of the current characters to nod off during the long speeches about how the fate of the galaxy is at stake.

would the new GMs have to run or would we get to play a story or two then step up?

Heh, I remember seeing this way back when it was in the Game Planning forum... glad to see it's doing well, a year and a half is quite a feat for PbP.

I'm very interested, but need to think on it regarding time investment since finals are rapidly approaching.
Not sure what I'd want to play... always wanted to try a bounty hunter-ish sort though, so maybe something along those lines.

This looks awesome I like the idea to split up the role of gamemaster between the players, I have done similiar things with indie-games and they turned out really nice. I'm intressted but my question is; is it obligated to have been a GM on this forum or is it enough just to have been a GM in real life, if the later I'm applying and will start making a character

Frost- You'll get to play at least 1 before you have to GM. We prefer to get GMs GMing right away so that we don't get people who apply as a GM, expect to play several games, then drop out when it's their turn. We try to balance that against throwing GMs into the fire right away as well. One or two games before GMing would be within what we normally do.
In addition, sometimes we run one-shot games on the side (we're doing so right now) so a new player might actually be involved in a side story and a main story before their turn is up.

Azrakel- As long as you can manage a post per day, feel free to jump in. Though, at times we get on a roll and manage 2 or 3 per day, depending on luck and everyone's schedules.

Michael- You would have to actively GM in the Lost Episodes to be considered. There are no only-player positions available. Sorry.

Quote:
Michael- You would have to actively GM in the Lost Episodes to be considered. There are no only-player positions available. Sorry.
Well I ment i would actually GM I just say that I haven't GM on this forum before, only in real life. So if the experience from GM on forum isn't needed I would like to join and ofcourse if i get selected i will GM like everyone els

Ah. My bad. As long as you're willing to GM, you are welcome to apply. No experience necessary in the PBP format. We don't check your GMing references or GMing street cred. We do run a thorough background check on you, though.

Okey, nice In that case I will start writing an application, have some base frames done already but I think I would need more information about where the group is now and what they doing, and who this Rynah guy/girl is before finishing the history.
Name: Rei Siva
Class and Levels: Noble (1) Scoundrel (5)
Race and Gender: Male Nagai
Link: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=253118

Notes: Where should I roll the health as it say do not roll in the ad forum please, and I move this apllication somewhere els?

Rynah is a bit... arbitrary. It's actually been quite a bit since he gave us a defined mission, and that was more along the lines of "Hey, guys, I need some of this stuff. Find some. Don't know what it's called, though."

Arguably, he's totally nuts.