Notices

Re-Recruitment: Pilot Replacement applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
How come I only found about this today? Why isn't there and ad up or something?
Because we decided to keep the application an internal one for Readers/Followers of the game only. Your first test was logging into the game forum often enough to discover this thread. Congratulations, you passed!

I don't mind you applying with your previous character, however I will ask that you go through the complete application process that I request here in this thread (to include dice rolling for stats all over again), simply for parities' sake. Also, note that Evangelion creation has changed.

Character Application

Character Sheet

Name: Jimmy W. Saint
Sex: Male
Nationality: Canadian

Background: Prodigy

Career: Berserker

Background Traits: A10 Sensitive
For whatever reason, synching up with your Evangelion comes naturally to you. Gain a +5 to Synch Ratio.
+, Synch Flux
You’re not actually sure how you do what you do, but you have some control when your Synch Ratio fluctuates wildly. Whenever you roll for Synch Disruption, roll an extra 1d10. Unlike the normal Synch Disruption, you may choose whether this 1d10 in specific is positive or negative, and apply it to your Synch Ratio at the same time as the normal Synch Disruption.
+, Slow Learner
You have little natural talent for fighting. Weapon proficiencies cost twice as much to buy.
-, Untrained Eye
You lack the combat training of your fellow Pilots, and miss openings in the enemy’s defense that are obvious to them. Take a -3 to either WS or BS.
-

Assets and Drawbacks: Sexy Voice
Gain a permanent +10 to Fellowship based skills involving the opposite gender.
+, Gifted (Fellowship)
Choose one Characteristic. It advances by one category faster than before. Characteristics with advancement progressions that start at 500xp instead start at 250xp, and progressions that start at 250xp instead start at 100xp. Characteristic progressions that normally start at 100xp are unaffected by this asset. You may only select this once.
+,
Nerd Variation
Geek
While many might debate whether this is really an asset, your obsessive interests have granted you a particular set of skills.

Geeks gain the following:

Technical Knack: become trained in one the following skills: Tech Use, Logic or Scholastic Lore.

Obsessive: Whenever the character makes use of the "Hobbies" time management option, they increase their Ego Barrier by 2 instead of 1 when appropriate.
+,
Damaged Goods Variation
Heartbroken
Your character has suffered some sort of massive trauma in the past and never fully recovered. Begin play with 1d5+5 insanity points.
-, Ineptitude (Carouse)
Choose one basic skill. You automatically fail that basic skill and may never gain bonuses to it.
-, Phobia (Isolophobia)
Your character has an irrational fear of some specific thing. When confronted by their phobia, they take a -20 to willpower and automatically fail any rolled Fear test for as long as they in its presence or otherwise confronted by it.
Foe Minor Variant
Transfer Student
Being the "new kid" in school tends to attract the unwanted attention of bullies, at least until you adjust yourself to your new school or you beat up the bullies.
Flavor Drawback (No xp gained)
Prejudice (Smokers)
Your character hates smoking and considers anyone who smokes to be evil.
-

Skills:
Prodigy Starting Skills
Common Lore (Local News),
Prodigy Starting Skills
Common Lore (Science),
Geek Asset
Tech Use,
Berserker Skill Proficiency
Charm,
Berserker Skill Proficiency
Perform (Music),
Berserker Starting Skill
Speak Language (English),
Berserker Starting Skill
Literacy

Talents:
Berserker Starting Talents
AT Power (Deflective Field), A.T. Power (Neutralize), Melee Weapon Training (General), Biological Upgrade (Strength Lvl 1), Biological Upgrade (Toughness Lvl 1), Basic Weapon Training (General), Ghost in the Machine, Bestial

Fate Points:
Dice Roll: 1d10z
d10 Results: 3
Fate Points, 1-5 (2), 6-10 (3) (3)

Wounds:
Dice Roll: 1d5+8z
d5 Results: 4 (Total = 12)
Wounds (12)

Characteristics:
Dice Roll: 2d10z 2d10z 2d10z 2d10z 2d10z 2d10z 2d10z 2d10z 2d10z 2d10z
d10 Results: 5, 7 (Total = 12)
d10 Results: 8, 4 (Total = 12)
d10 Results: 1, 9 (Total = 10)
d10 Results: 9, 7 (Total = 16)
d10 Results: 10, 9 (Total = 19)
d10 Results: 9, 4 (Total = 13)
d10 Results: 5, 1 (Total = 6)
d10 Results: 1, 9 (Total = 10)
d10 Results: 7, 6 (Total = 13)
d10 Results: 4, 6 (Total = 10)
Characteristics (12,12,10,16,19,13,6,10,13,10)

Weapon Skill (13)+20-
Untrained Eye
3+
Brawler Characteristic Increase
5 = 35
Ballistic Skill (13)+20-
Untrained Eye
3 = 30
Strength (10)+20 = 30
Toughness (16)+20+
5 = 41
Agility (12)+20 = 32
Intelligence (7)+20 = 27
Perception (10)+20 = 30
Willpower (10)+20 = 30
Fellowship (12)+20 = 32
Synch Rate (19)+45+
A10 Sensitive
5+
5 = 74

Ego Barrier 100%
Insanity Points 7

Gear: Plug suit (2 AP - covers Body, Legs and Arms), Nerv ID, Nerv Cell-phone,
Fireglo Rickenbacker 4003
Bass Guitar,

Career Advances

Geek (-200 xp)
Sexy Voice (-100 xp)
Gifted [Fellowship] (-200 xp)

Ineptitude [Carouse] (+100 xp)
Phobia [Isolophobia] (100 xp)
Heartbroken (+100 xp)
Transfer Student (100 xp)

Characteristic Increase [Simple] - Weapon Skill = 100 xp
Characteristic Increase [Simple] - Synchronization = 100 xp
Characteristic Increase [Simple] - Toughness = 100 xp
Basic Weapon Training (General) = 200 xp
Biological Upgrade [Toughness] = 100 xp
Ghost in the Machine = 200 xp
Bestial = 100 xp

=1400/1400 xp
Evangelion SheetEVA Generation, Unit Number [REDACTED]

Dice Roll: 2d5z
d5 Results: 2, 4 (Total = 6)
extra points for Str and T (6)

Weapon Skill (35)+15 = 50
Ballistic Skill (30)+15 = 45
Strength 30+
Hulking Frame
3+
Eva Points
3+
BUP
5 = 41
Toughness 30+
Hulking Frame
3+
Eva Points
3+
BUP
5 = 41
Agility (32)-
Hulking Frame
3 = 29

Hit location (AP) Wounds/Current:
01-10 Head (2) 4/4
11-20 Right Arm (2) 4/4
21-30 Left arm (1) 4/4
31-70 Body (4) 11/11
71-85 Left leg (2) 6/6
86-00 Right leg (2) 6/6

Biological Upgrade Points / Spent
2/3

Structural Upgrade Points / Spent
0/0

Weapon Upgrade Points / Spent
0/1

History
Dual Key
Though you don’t know why, your EVA has been fitted with a dizzying array of physical and electronic security devices to which only the OD and NERV Commander have the keys. Your EVA takes 1d5-2 rounds (to a minimum of one) longer to launch than the others, and cannot be launched at all without either the OD or Commander being present.
-
[REDACTED]
Your EVAs history has been systematically erased. There is not one file, document, or reference on it before the date it was transferred to your posting. Asking around has brought you nothing but steadfast denials, quiet deflection, and sudden personnel transfers.
Frame
Clipped Wing
For unexplained reasons your EVA lacks a wing on one arm, and the entire structural
framework had to undergo minor compromises as a result of the imbalance. You may only ever have a single Wing Structural upgrade at a time, and you also permanently lose 1 point of AP on the opposite Arm (your choice).
-
Body
Hulking Frame
The Evangelion beneath the armor is a powerful beast, noticeably stockier than a normal Eva. The Eva gains a +3 to Strength and Toughness, but suffers a -3 to Agility.
+
Soul
Bloodthirsty
Your EVA has a furious lust for the brutal violence of combat, and takes particular pleasure in wreaking the maximum possible carnage on its foes. While this makes it difficult to focus on the tactical situation in combat, when you lose control it makes for a war machine of unmatched savagery. Whenever you inflict critical damage while berserk, you inflict that much critical damage plus one.
+

Eva Gear
Prog. Knife [1d5+6 R, Pen 3, Progressive]
Pallet Gun [Basic, Range 30, RoF S/-/3, 1d10 I, Pen 0, Clip 6, Rld: 1Full, Inccurate, Unreliable]
Berserk Mode Only
Claws [1d5+3+Str R, Pen 0]

Dice Roll: 2d100
d100 Results: 92, 66 (Total = 158)
Primary Color/Primary Shade Neon White or Dark Grey
d100 Results: 25, 19 (Total = 44)
Secondary Color/Secondary Shade Bright Orange or Bright Yellow

I decided to settle for custom colors.

Primary Color/Primary Shade: Dark Black
Secondary Color/Secondary Shade: Neon Red
With Small Details in: Bright White

(These colors are not final)

Free Characteristic Re-roll
Dice Roll: 2d10z
d10 Results: 1, 6 (Total = 7)
Re-rolling for the 6 I got above (7)
Dice Roll: 1d5+5
d5 Results: 2 (Total = 7)
These dice were omitted, altered, or moved: 2d10z
Original Dice: 2d10z
Insanity Points

Quote:
History
Prototype Model
The bio-science division really went to town on this one, with the result of a variety
of additional mutations and rampant cellular instability linked to a distorted genetic code. One of these problems isn't a problem, the other one makes your EVA an incredible headache to maintain, as the chastised bio-science team is all too happy to tell you. Gain one additional positive Body trait instead (this may not be chosen if you have also taken the Cyborg Body trait).
+
Twin Soul
Your EVA seems to have a split personality, and you can't help but feel as though one of the two personalities present is a bit more recent then the other. Most disturbingly, everyone you try to talk to about this mystery simply dismisses your concerns out of hand. Gain one additional positive Soul trait instead.
+
You may choose only one Positive, Negative, or Neutral trait per category.

Therefore Twin Soul and Prototype Model are mutually exclusive (this is deliberate). So the most it is possible to do is to have an EVA with Twin Soul and Cyborg, although this is humorous because it forces you to take Negative traits for both of the two categories that you just substituted for (ie. the actual end result of that is both a Positive and a Negative trait in both Frame and Soul, and neutral in History and Body). I might end up banning that option too, because it's a little too unusual. Ideally I'd only like one single Category substitution choice per EVA, to keep things from being weird.

Also, please remove the private tags from taking up your whole post. It's fine to put private tags on select, small portions of your application that are significant background secrets, but preventing all of your application from being seen won't let the current pilots observe and rate their choice of replacement players. I want their input on this as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark080matter View Post
You may choose only one Positive, Negative, or Neutral trait per category.

Therefore Twin Soul and Prototype Model are mutually exclusive (this is deliberate). So the most it is possible to do is to have an EVA with Twin Soul and Cyborg, although this is humorous because it forces you to take Negative traits for both of the two categories that you just substituted for (ie. the actual end result of that is both a Positive and a Negative trait in both Frame and Soul, and neutral in History and Body). I might end up banning that option too, because it's a little too unusual. Ideally I'd only like one single Category substitution choice per EVA, to keep things from being weird.

Also, please remove the private tags from taking up your whole post. It's fine to put private tags on select, small portions of your application that are significant background secrets, but preventing all of your application from being seen won't let the current pilots observe and rate their choice of replacement players. I want their input on this as well.
Yeah, thanks for the clarification. I'll try to keep things more simple, I just wanted to add some flavor that went along with what I had picture for the background.

However, my character application is in "Draft Mode" right now, that's why I put the private tags on. That means that nothing that is written there is final.

Once it is done, I'll remove them and you'll all free to judge it and look for things that need to be fixed. Nevertheless if it really bothers you, I can take them off but I can't promise that the information will totally make sense until the "creative process" is finished.

Quote:
Yeah, thanks for the clarification. I'll try to keep things more simple, I just wanted to add some flavor that went along with what I had picture for the background.
You can still take an additional "Neutral" trait or two for the sake of flavor, and because all they are is just background prompts anyway there's nothing at all stopping you from having a Prototype mutant EVA which has two distinct 'personalities' in the Entry Plug. You just have to choose one or the other when it comes to having a mechanical benefit for it. (Fractured Mind might also work for you as a similar background, the only difference is that it's a negative mechanical interpretation of the same theme as Twin Soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell
However, my character application is in "Draft Mode" right now, that's why I put the private tags on. That means that nothing that is written there is final. Once it is done, I'll remove them and you'll all free to judge it and look for things that need to be fixed. Nevertheless if it really bothers you, I can take them off but I can't promise that the information will totally make sense until the "creative process" is finished.
Oh alright, fair enough.

You know what, I'll throw something in on the off chance I’m accepted. I’ll try get a rough draft up tonight.

[Edit for the character!!]
Character Application
Name Maxwell “Max” Skells
Nationality American
Age/Sex 16/Male

Appearance and Mannerisms

Personality

History

Background Neo-Spartan

Career Pointman

Background Traits Loyalist
You know your place in the chain of command, and have long since been conditioned to have you moral boosted by the presence of a strong authority. You gain a +10 to resist Fear and Pinning so long as you are directly following orders.
*, Skill at Arms
(Melee Weapon Training (Progressive)
*, Conflicting Views
Your upbringing has instilled in you a loyalty to some group other than the organization that has selected and trained you. You gain the “Fanatical” Drawback, with the requirement that the object of your fanaticism be something other than Nerv or equivalent Evangelion-related organizations.
*, There is only War
You were denied a normal childhood, and your aggressive personality makes you few friends. Delicate social interactions are not really your thing.
-10 to Charm.

Assets and Drawbacks
Assets:
Your character refuses to surrender, even in the face of adversity. Your character gains a conditional Fate Point that may only be spent in situations to overcome incredible odds or when refusing to back down from a superior enemy. This conditional fate point may never be burnt, and must be announced as being used specifically as opposed to the characters normal pool of Fate Points.
Driven

Your character is undaunted in the face of danger and the unknown. Whenever you spend a Fate Point in situations where you are outmatched or performing some dangerous feat of exceptional bravery, roll a d10. On a roll of 9, the fate point is not spent. This applies to conditional Fate Points as well.
Special: This Asset may not be taken with the “Coward” Drawback.
Thrill Seeker
Your character has legendary courage, and knows no fear. As the Talent of the same name from Dark Heresy.
Special: This Asset may not be taken with the “Coward” Drawback.
Fearless
Drawbacks:
Your Character has a hard time controlling himself when he gets angry. When confronted or otherwise stressed and agitated, you must pass a Willpower test or fly into a rage either yelling at the source of your anger or trashing the surrounding environment. Punching someone in the face might also be appropriate, if ill advised.
Short Fuse
Sometimes, surviving is its own punishment. There is someone, possibly a relative or friend, who has no one else to care for them, and is incapable of caring for themselves. Either as a result of obligation or compassion, your attachment to this ward is a defining aspect of your person.
Work with your GM to define exactly who this person is, what your connection to them is, and why they are so helpless without you.
If you ever believe this person to be in danger (be it direct or indirect) you must pass a difficult (-10) Willpower Test or rush to their aid. If you have confirmed that they are in immediate danger, you automatically fail the Willpower Test, though in your frenzy to help them you gain a +20 to all Tests directly related to aiding your ward.
Should this person ever be harmed, take 1 point of Insanity and take a level of Fatigue for an hour due to depression. If this person should ever die or be taken from you somehow, immediately gain 2d10+10 Insanity Points.
In addition, caring for this person takes up much of your time. During the Time Management stage, all options except Synchronization Tests are not treated as routine and as such do not get the +20 bonus, as caring for your ward gives you less time to devote to other tasks.
Special: This Drawback requires special permission from the GM, and any GM unwilling to give the player time to interact with their ward in character is recommended to not allow its use.
Duty of Care

Skills
Command (Fel)
Common Lore (War) (Int)
Clime (Str)
Literacy (Int)
Scholastic Lore (Tactics) (Int)
Speak Language (English) (Int)

Talents:
A.T. Power (AT Ping)
Activation: 1 Reaction Action
Effect: You very briefly expand your A.T. Field in a weakened state to feel the resistance of other A.T. Fields. This allows you to detect any active A.T. Field within 100*ATS dm. You know the presence and location of an Active A.T. Field, even if the being generating it is somehow hidden from sight.
Augmentation: By spending an extra 3 ATP, you even detect the A.T. Fields generated by living humans, though when in large groups it becomes difficult to know the exact number of humans there.
AT Power (Deflective Field)
You activate your A.T. Field and keep it in passive mode. While not a complex use of it, when in this passive mode your A.T. Field is primed to respond to the quickest of thoughts and automatically has a 10% per available ATS chance to deflect an incoming attack. Deflecting an attack requires no action, and can be used multiple times in a round. However, in an situation where you choose to attempt to deflect with your AT Field, you forfeit the chance to dodge or parry that attack should the deflection fail.
A.T. Power (Neutralize)
You use your own Spread A.T. Field to absorb and negate power from an enemy A.T. Field. Choose one other A.T. Field within 20 dm of you. That A.T. Field is treated as having an ATS (and corresponding pool of ATP) of 1 less.
This power cannot be used with the Anti A.T. Field, Barrier Field or Inverted Field Spread Patterns.
Augmentation: For every additional ATP spent on neutralization, the enemy A.T. Field’s ATS is reduced by 1.
Basic Weapon Training(General)
Halt Advance
As a half action, make an opposed Weapon Skill test with an enemy you threaten. If successful, that enemy cannot move from that spot that round unless you are first defeated, stunned, prone or otherwise incapacitated or forced out of melee range. This ability only prevents enemy movement, and does not impair their ability to attack you or any other target in any way.
If you succeeded on the opposed Weapon Skill test with 3 or more degrees of success to spare, you make Maneuver the enemy for free.
Hotblooded
Gain a +10 to willpower tests to resist feedback from your Evangelion. In addition, should you ever fail a Willpower Test to resist Fear you may roll twice on the Shock Table and take the result of your choice.
Skill Proficiency (Clime)
Skill Proficiency (Scholastic Lore: Tactics)
Melee Weapon Training (General)
Melee Weapon Training (Progressive)
Maneuver Mastery
Gain a +10 to Weapon Skill for the purposes of using the Maneuver action.

Fate Points
Dice Roll: 1d10z
d10 Results: 8
Fate Points, 1-9 (2), 10 (3) (8) = 2

Wounds
Dice Roll: 1d5+9z
d5 Results: 5 (Total = 14)
Wounds (14)

Characteristics
Dice Roll: 2d10z 2d10z 2d10z 2d10z 2d10z 2d10z 2d10z 2d10z 2d10z 2d10z
d10 Results: 2, 5 (Total = 7)
d10 Results: 7, 7 (Total = 14)
d10 Results: 3, 4 (Total = 7)
d10 Results: 8, 2 (Total = 10)
d10 Results: 1, 8 (Total = 9)
d10 Results: 4, 3 (Total = 7)
d10 Results: 9, 4 (Total = 13)
d10 Results: 6, 6 (Total = 12)
d10 Results: 5, 5 (Total = 10)
d10 Results: 10, 4 (Total = 14)
Characteristics (7,14,7,10,9,7,13,12,10,14)

Weapon Skill (12)+20 = 32
Ballistic Skill (7)+20 = 27
Strength (13)+20 = 33
Toughness (14)+25 = 39
Agility (12)+20 = 32
Intelligence (14)+20 = 34
Perception (7)+20 = 27
Willpower (9)+20 = 29
Fellowship (10)+15-10= 15
Synch Rate (10)+40 = 50

Ego Barrier 100%
Insanity Points 0

Career Advances
Short Fuse +100
Duty of Care +300

Driven 200
Thrill Seeker 100
Fearless 300

Weapon Upgrade x3 300
Biological Upgrade 200
Structural Upgrade 100
Halt Advance 100
Hotblooded 100
1400/1400

EVA Generation, Unit Number 12
Unauthorised Designation, "Cavalier".

Dice Roll: 2d5z
d5 Results: 4, 2 (Total = 6)
extra points for Str and T (6)

Weapon Skill (32)+15 = 47
Ballistic Skill (27)+15 = 42
Strength 30+2 = 32
Toughness 30+4 +5 = 39
Agility (32) = 32

Hit location (AP) Wounds/Current:
01-10 Head (3) 3/3
11-20 Right Arm (3) 3/3
21-30 Left arm (3) 3/3
31-70 Body (5) 9/9
71-85 Left leg (3) 4/4
86-00 Right leg (3) 4/4

Biological Upgrade Points / Spent
1/1
Toughness

Structural Upgrade Points / Spent
2/2
Armor enhancement I

Weapon Upgrade Points / Spent
3/3
Prog Axe 2
Shield 1

History
Your EVA is documented to have an unusually-sharp recognition of it's allies and is
predisposed to defend it's peers for some unknown reason. When another EVA has taken critical
damage in an Angel's most recent turn, you gain a +5 bonus to any WS or BS attack rolls you make
against that Angel in your subsequent turn.
Vanguard
Frame
For unexplained reasons your EVA lacks a wing on one arm, and the entire structural
framework had to undergo minor compromises as a result of the imbalance. You may only ever have a
single Wing Structural upgrade at a time, and you also permanently lose 1 point of AP on the opposite Arm (Right wing missing).
Clipped Wing
Body Look not upon thy enemy. Lest you pity him.
Listen not to thy enemy’s words. Lest you sympathise with him.
Speak not to thy enemy. Lest your breath be taken from you.
You shall be the
Your EVA has nothing that could be visually identified as a face. While the head is still there,
it only serves the purpose of containing the brain. Somehow, the fact that this doesn’t impede your
piloting in any way and that you can still see while synchronised only makes it worse.
Faceless Death.

Soul
Your EVA seems unusually quiescent, almost silent, and presents no obstacle to your
piloting. However, the longer you spend in the plug, the more you begin to adopt and adhere to an
archaic code of conduct. You aren’t aware of this slow transformation and anyone trying to tell you
you’ve changed will meet only polite incredulity.
Chivalric

Eva Gear
Prog Axe, Shield, Pallet Rifle, Progressive Knife (Mk 1), and a Wing Load-out (Knife dock)

d100 Results: 76, 87 (Total = 163)
Primary Color/Primary Shade
d100 Results: 13, 77 (Total = 90)
Secondary Color/Secondary Shade
Nether of these make sense so I’ll just take Dull Gray and Dark Black.

Free Characteristic Re-roll
Dice Roll: 2d10z
d10 Results: 9, 3 (Total = 12)
Re-rolling for one of the 7's I got above (12)

OK. That’s my first draft for my application finished.

And I do believe I am done with my character now.

Unless Dark says I need to change something...

I threw Drawbacks in there. I took the same amount in Assets anyway so there are only 1000 points in my actual Career Advancement.