Notices

Re-Recruitment: Pilot Replacement applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark080matter View Post

Assets and Drawbacks You must have at least 200 bonus xp, and may gain up to 400 bonux xp, from taking Drawbacks. Taking any Drawbacks above this number gives you no further advantage. You may also spend starting XP on Assets if you choose: try not to spend more then 600 xp on Assets. Your Career matters too!

Career Advances Instead of 400 starting xp, you will begin with 1000 xp (for a total of between 1200 and 1400 xp with Drawbacks factored in). You will still buy only Traits from your first Career Rank, as the Drawback xp doesn't count towards your rank. Show your work! Here's an example, including some pretty color-coding:
I meant this, but I don't think it's a big deal.

OK now I’m confused. We can only take from the first Rank? But the second only needs 1000, unless I’m reading stuff wrong. Baa! I’ll have to change that, but I’m only going to mess with my A&D if Dark has a problem with it.

And yes I miss read “try not to spend more then 600 xp on Assets” as Drawbacks.

I went through and I found a whole batch of technical glitches we can fix. It's understandable that you all might not yet have a complete grasp on the various rule interactions at play, so I tried to point out anything that I found odd about contradictory choices you might have made in case it never occurred to you. Try not to take offense at any of that.

RadicalD
Melissa Rogers-It looks like you gave yourself a 15 in both Agility and [I]Ballistic Skill, but you only rolled a single 15 in your characteristic dice. Choose one or the other, and give yourself that spare '12' dice roll in the other score.

-As a Neo-Spartan, you start with 15 in your Fellowship, not 20. Remove 5 points from Fellowship.

-Your characteristic calculations for your EVA are wacky, probably because of the above effect cascading, although there are other problems. You put an 18 dice result in your WS, not 15. Trained for War does not give a bonus to WS. Fix all that.

-Your EVA is clearly built to survive everything possible thrown at it with Dodging and stacked up Armor and Toughness bonuses, but with such nice scores in WS and BS it surprises me that you settled for the Pallet Rifle and Prog Knife for your offensive options. Maybe you're hoping that if you just last long enough somebody else will die so you can pick up their nice weapons, a.k.a. Russian Army Logistics, I just thought I'd point out the slight imbalance.

-Other then that it looks good, aside from some things you could straighten out with just a little bit of polish. Note down that you have 2 Fate Points and write out your Wounds total somewhere since the roll tags aren't displaying it for you (it's too late to go back and put the 'z' tag in your Rolls to display them). Place parentheses around the AP values in your EVA stats, so the numbers don't blend together confusingly. Put the XP values of your Assets and Drawbacks in the Career Advances area (but separated from the other items) as I requested, for the sake of clarity when reading your experience expenditures. None of them are deal-breakers but they reflect attention to detail.

Kurushi
Lazarus N-24- A Berserker does not start with a Structural Upgrade point, instead they choose between a Weapon or a Biological one.

-Strength: 9 + 20 ≠ 25. It also may be worth adding your Skinny penalty as a note immediately following your Strength score though.

-Good app otherwise. As an aside, a Berserker with the Mighty Soul EVA trait is pretty gutsy. I approve, so long as you realize just what you're asking for.

Zell
Jimmy W. Saint-Considering how astronomically high your Synch Ratio is, Lightweight Frame seems to me an odd choice of a positive trait. Not to say you'll never have any reason to Dodge an attack (you will at some point) but it is likely to happen a LOT less for you then most other characters.

-Looks like you have 100 XP still left to spend.

-Factoring in the range of your core Synchronization Ratio (starting at 74%, enough to gain the first tier of High Synch bonues/penalties) along with your Open Mind drawback, you have about a score of 10 to resist Feedback (with Willpower!... your Toughness is even lower). Explosive Bleeding and Depressive added to those makes it even crazier. That's cool and you'll probably be rolling for Berserk pretty early on in most battles because of it, but just realize if you botch your Berserk rolls (easy to do until you are a few more ranks up in experience) you'll be out like a light for the rest of a battle when that happens, until your allies can somehow con the Angel into attacking you to trigger another Berserk chance or you get dragged out of the battle and given time to recover. Just so you know.

Kolar
Maxwell Skealls-Radical D is correct. It is alright to keep the Drawbacks you have if they are important to your story, but you are capped off at 1400 experience. And yes, you may not yet purchase anything from Rank 2. Drawback experience is BONUS, it doesn't count against your rank. That way people who chose different levels of Drawbacks aren't penalized by being held back from their upper tiers of upgrades compared to those who did. I do have a problem with it, change it.

- You have a few things wrong with your Evangelion Enhancements. Armor Enhancement I costs 2 Structural Upgrade points, not 1. The Toughness biological upgrade grants +5 points to your EVA's toughness score, not +1. Your Weapons are correct though.

-Ack, my eyes! You chose some truly abominable colors for your Career Advance table. I'll let it slide for now but if you're picked that is the first thing we're changing. Good application otherwise.

Dark, I didn't thought that little thing was neccesary, my agility was 12, but + 3 from trained for war, then, took care of fellowship, swapped some stats to balance it, I didn't want to have a low command if it was neccesary or other fel related skills. Took care of EVA, AP, wounds, fate and will soon do the advances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalD View Post
Dark, I didn't thought that little thing was neccesary, my agility was 12, but + 3 from trained for war, then, took care of fellowship, swapped some stats to balance it, I didn't want to have a low command if it was neccesary or other fel related skills. Took care of EVA, AP, wounds, fate and will soon do the advances.
Woops, I forgot Trained for War. This is also a textbook case of why I wanted all of those bonuses enumerated! Pretend I'm stupid and hate Math! It's already half-way true... ok, maybe...

Ah, just noticed the maybe you hope your friends die and pick up their weapons. And no, the things is that I am prefering those weapons by now, firstly I will probably use the pallet rifle before engaging in melee with my knife. But I did it, because there were other advances I gave priority over the weapon upgrades, unless you are giving a free weapon.

OK I’ve fixed everything according to Word Of God, even the colors.

I still don’t get the problem with my points use. I’m spending all the bonus points from my Drawbacks on Assets. The Career Advancement was still only getting 1000. But whatever, I’ll take the 200 xp hit to keep the characterisation I’ve been building in my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolar View Post
OK I’ve fixed everything according to Word Of God, even the colors.

I still don’t get the problem with my points use. I’m spending all the bonus points from my Drawbacks on Assets. The Career Advancement was still only getting 1000. But whatever, I’ll take the 200 xp hit to keep the characterisation I’ve been building in my head.
The problem is that you only ever get 400 xp from Drawbacks. No exceptions, and the rules clearly state it. Then I restated it in my opening post in this very thread. Why do you think you can take something nobody else is allowed to have and haggle about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalD View Post
Ah, just noticed the maybe you hope your friends die and pick up their weapons. And no, the things is that I am prefering those weapons by now, firstly I will probably use the pallet rifle before engaging in melee with my knife. But I did it, because there were other advances I gave priority over the weapon upgrades, unless you are giving a free weapon.
Hah! You're a funny one. I suggest if you're picked you follow Amanda (with her Microwave Gun) around real close.

Always standing just behind. Always watching for a moment of weakness.

I’m not haggling, I just said I’ll take it. If its that big an issue I’ll drop Impetuous.

Quote:
Zell
Jimmy W. Saint-Considering how astronomically high your Synch Ratio is, Lightweight Frame seems to me an odd choice of a positive trait. Not to say you'll never have any reason to Dodge an attack (you will at some point) but it is likely to happen a LOT less for you then most other characters.

-Looks like you have 100 XP still left to spend.

-Factoring in the range of your core Synchronization Ratio (starting at 74%, enough to gain the first tier of High Synch bonues/penalties) along with your Open Mind drawback, you have about a score of 10 to resist Feedback (with Willpower... your Toughness is even lower). Explosive Bleeding and Depressive added to those makes it even crazier. That's cool and you'll probably be rolling for Berserk pretty early on in most battles because of it, but just realize if you botch your Berserk rolls (easy to do until you are a few more ranks up in experience) you'll be out like a light for the rest of a battle when that happens, until your allies can somehow con the Angel into attacking you to trigger another Berserk chance or you get dragged out of the battle and given time to recover. Just so you know.
Okay, I see your point on the Lightweighted Frame thing. To tell you the truth, I just wanted to have a backup plan in case a smart Angel decides to neutralize my AT Field. What other positive trait would you suggest to be more appropriate?

Yeah, you caught me there with the whole fatigue thing. I actually chose those drawbacks and negative traits on purpose in order to get knocked out as fast as I could in order to Berserk. So, it might take some time in order to pay off, but that was my strategy all along. I hope you flocks don’t think that my approach was too extreme. I was inspired mainly by your comment on how fatigue isn’t necessary bad for a Berserker.

I could change it, if you see this could be a problem for the game.

On the extra 100 xp subject, I ran my math a couple of times and I still come up with the same result.

My MathDepressive (+200 xp)
Heartbroken (+200 xp)
Geek (-200 xp)
Gifted [Fellowship] (-200 xp)

These drawbacks and asset cancel themselves. This part also takes care of the additional 400 xp in drawbacks, so 1k of xp to go.

Sexy Voice (-100 xp) 1

Characteristic Increase [Simple] - Weapon Skill = 100 xp 2
Characteristic Increase [Simple] - Synchronization = 100 xp 3
Basic Weapon Training (General) = 100 xp 4
Skill Proficiency (Dodge) = 100 xp 5
Biological Upgrade [Toughness] = 100 xp 6
Biological Upgrade [Toughness] = 100 xp 7
Ghost in the Machine = 200 xp 8, 9
Bestial = 100 xp 10

So, thats 1k of xp plus the aftermentioned 400, adds up to a total of 1400 xp. Or did I missed something?

= 1400 xp