Replacement Application discussion thread

View Poll Results
Who do you want to see Tanged the most? (TAKE 2)
Kurushi - N24 Lazar (Manufactured Berserker) 1 33.33%
Zell - Jimmy Saint (Prodigy Berserker) 0 0%
Kolar - Maxwell Skells (NeoSpartan Pointman) 0 0%
Mishra - Maksim Chmerkovskiy (NeoSpartan AT Tactician) 2 66.67%

I'm liking the discussion. With regards to our various feelings about Kolar's posture in the recruitment thread, I appreciate the sentiment that a level of respect be preserved for yours truly (Cackling Underbeast of The Sevenfold Demesne, Dread Regent surveying the Sightless Void, etc. etc.), but I also ask that, with the potential that Kolar could be chosen, you would nonetheless welcome him or any other prospective player into the fold. Some people like to test their boundaries as part of the initial stages of entering into this sort of thing, it's only natural.

I am reasonably confident in my abilities to keep even the more creative among you all coloring between the appropriate lines.

Right now my personal stance on the matter is pretty ambivalent. All I've really read so far is submission mechanics in an effort to keep them correct early on so I don't have to worry about them later. In the end I may base the decision purely on what background excites me more as I read them... or perhaps even just go with majority vote in this thread. To that end I will perhaps put up a poll up here once we have confirmation that the last application is finished or not coming in time.

I've given it some thought and I would like to put my vote in for Ekman. My character is in the game already, true, but I like winning things and it would really be great for my ego.

Alright.... Looking at the mechanics parts of all of the characters, I have to say I prefer Mishra's application. Honestly, for me building up the mechanics of any character application is almost always harder than coming up with the fluff of the application, and even when I have a lot of details built up in the application itself, I am still editing and revising them as I play the character and learn more about him/her. So, my vote is definetly for Mishra. Assuming, of course, that fluff can be finished swiftly.

Looking at mishra's character, I don't see anything I don't like about it, all the crunch seems pretty solid, but I really can't pass any sort of judgment on it without any sort of character details present. I'm the opposite of you Sam, crunch comes easy for me, it's all the squishy character bits that take real work for me. If someone is creative and a good enough writer to come up with a really good background/personality/description, then I wouldn't mind them being a little shay with the rules, since they will probably be more entertaining/be better at roleplaying than someone who is good at crunch but sucks at writing.

For me it's not a problem of the writing being difficult - character creation outside of the crunch is just something I take my sweet time with, make sure I get someone out of it that I can relate to.

I don't like Mishra's character. A dependent, suicidal, team leader? That seems too much spaghetti approach for my tastes. I doubt that someone with a recognized death wish and recognized co-dependency would be considered for the status of team leader.

I think it works just fine depending on how you look at it. It looks like a "By any means necessary" sort of thing, a Neo-Spartan who is willing to sacrifice himself to get the job done. It also fits with his Eva having Last Hope. This guy is a soldier who does not care about himself, only getting the
See: Save humanity from complete annihilation/getting Tanged
mission done.

Then again I might be wrong, I have to wait until he posts his squishy bits. I also don't see any sort of Dependency on his sheet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicarius07 View Post
I don't like Mishra's character. A dependent, suicidal, team leader? That seems too much spaghetti approach for my tastes. I doubt that someone with a recognized death wish and recognized co-dependency would be considered for the status of team leader.
They don't have to be recognized, y'know. I mean, look at the original Eva kids.

I also noticed that discrepency in Mishra's sheet... I'm wondering if it was an oversight on his/her part, because that is certainly well over 400xp in drawbacks to have both sets.

I'm pretty sure I can guess the intention of the poll, but what do you mean by "Tanged"? I don't want to get fooled by the fine print.