The Underdark's reaches await.

Ned's answer is abrupt, sharp, and everything you'd expect from the drow who considers himself to be the superior in an interaction. Just find the cavern!

Takes twenty for a total of 24

For a 24 what?

Search. For a cavern thats not easily seen.

You could try tracking back to the creature's lair. Anything a Search 24 reveals is not going to be hard to miss for others.
DB and Aragorn

When his brother does not produce adequate results, Ned'cirannis gives a heavy, pained sigh. His fingers make the 'useless' sign for just briefly while he returns his hands to the beast, and pets its rough hide again. "Let's go home now, where it's defensible." He whispers to the beast, manipulating its subconscious, hardly developed brain in the same direction with well-placed prods, inducing it with a mix of tiredness and a very vague subtone of fear, which should result in a desire to hide in a safe place and take a nap.

Frustrated, Belar kicks a rock and curses. "Perhaps we track it to its lair?" he says after a second. "Returning now would be a waste of a trip."

"Why do you think I'm sending it to its home, because I want to return to some less intelligent conversation?" Ned'Cirannis answers, without even turning to his brother. "Follow it."

Rolling his eyes at his brother he follows along behind the leech. How could I hear what he was whispering to his little pet.

The leech returns to its lair.

From this cavern it enters a large tunnel which twists and turns and has a multitude of other, mostly maller, tunnels branching off.

Before too long Belar can hear the rushing of water. The tunnel opens into another cavern, this one is cut in two by an underground stream that carves through the rock on either side. The leech takes to the water and travels upstream against the rushing water...

Belar orders his mount to stay and alters himself into a more suitable form. He assumes the form of an aquatic elf, and follows the leech. He spares a glance backward to see if his brother followed.

His brother walks along the stream, looking down at Belar with a disapproving frown. To distort his superior form so much and then to make it so much like some inferior, detestable drop from Up Top... He shudders slightly. On the way, Ned'cirannis has made note not only of the tunnels that went in various directions, but also on whether he could hear anything moving, anything living, behind the walls.

: swim checks. This is not a gentle stream by any means.

Aquatic elves have the ability to take 10 on anything. And a racial +8. Combined with my own str bonus I can take ten and get a 25.

And your penalties for Armor (double armor check)?

You can't take 10 in "stormy water". I'm going to need a roll (four actually), but chances are you're good.

Hmm. The Aquatic subtype says it can breath underwater, and can swim without swim checks(30 feet)... But I can roll them.
Dice Roll: 1d20+15
d20 Results: 2 (Total = 17)

d20 Results: 15 (Total = 30)

d20 Results: 8 (Total = 23)

d20 Results: 4 (Total = 19)
Aragorn is checked twice in the next few moments, but manages to not be swept away completely. The passage of the leech before him is making the swim harder than it should be. If he can get closer he will be able to follow in it's wake, but then risks provoking the massive creature.

Dice Roll: 1d20+5
d20 Results: 19 (Total = 24)