- ensure everyone is capable of travelling (including keeping warm). Flora + Varn.
- navigate to the farm - Agnes.
Is the route to the farm navigable by wagon? If so, we can keep it to transport supplies plus the young/infirm to save them walking. If not, someone suggested breaking it up for parts that we can improvise something more useful with? We've still got the horses, although we'll have to think about how we transport the grain at that point.
- scout ahead for trouble - Rindilnir + one of the NPCs who might class as a woodsman/trapper if there is one?
- keep everyone together/sweep up stragglers/rearguard - Varn + 1 of the town guards
- 'outriders' i.e. people to watch the flanks - Ferguth + the remaining town guards
- keeping morale up in the main group - Serin.
- organise the womenfolk to keep the children and sick/injured moving - Flora or Agnes?
Can we work out some basic signals so if anyone spots anything potentially hostile we can quickly gather everyone into a group with the combat capable people in a defensive ring around them? Can we improvise enough torches so the guards/PCs who want them have a couple each - if we run into something like wild animals, a large group of people with fire should hopefully make them look elsewhere for a meal. Just have to hope we don't run into orcs or it will get messy...