GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

Create a New System!

A magic-user's ability to use sigils is due to an advanced genetic modification at birth - a mutation that has the unfortunate side effect of total blindness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeyBox View Post
This seems too much like a DnD centric interpretation for my liking.
Maybe you just used it for clarification, though my fear is that in equal parts it stops new ideas from occuring.
Also, I think deciding on what each stat does will happen in later posts, not a clarification.
(A clarification would -in my mind- happen after a rule is made, though worded possibly ambiguously.)
A clarification isn't definitive like a sentence though. So it doesn't really matter what it involves - as long as it's hypothetical and not more than one paragraph (without being a wall of text).

Quote:
Originally Posted by impfireball View Post
A clarification isn't definitive like a sentence though. So it doesn't really matter what it involves - as long as it's hypothetical and not more than one paragraph (without being a wall of text).
However, as a clarification, it is supposed to be a clarification, and my judgement had lead me to believe that was in fact a paragraph of rule, adressing an area without lack of clarity.
Though to be fair to the post quoted, I don't feel I understand with certainty what it's trying to say.

EDIT:
The number of credits starting characters have is equal to 150 + [(Influence+Creativity+2)x(Inluence+Aptitude)] + (50xLevel).

Okay, here's a clarification. People don't have to agree on it, because it isn't definitive. Because it's hypothetical, it can include additional suggestions. Usually, this sorta thing helps get the devs rolling. None of it is definitive, so the devs are free to change these things - sentences on the other hand have to be voted out to get changed whereas paragraphs have to be voted in to matter at all.

Quote:
The number of credits starting characters have is equal to 150 + [(Influence+Creativity+2)x(Inluence+Aptitude)] + (50xLevel).
Credits are money. Money is almost everything in this, because dying is easy and skills mostly help with using equipment rather then plain survival or kicking butt fantasy-style.
---

The above is a paragraph because it consists of more than one sentence.

I only just realised that you are in fact the OP.
This changes things.
I appologise for being "challenging".

I would supply an additional rule here, though the last was also mine.

Stats are purchased with points at character creation, with each additional 'dot' beyond 1 costing 1.5* the next level in points (rounded down). For example, purchasing a second 'dot' would cost 3 (1.5*2) points, and level 3 would cost 7 (1.5*2+1.5*3) points.