Notices

New Troops for the Warzone

Old Jan 15 '11, 6:48am
The Opinionator

New Troops for the Warzone

Warzone: River's Call - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 1

Accepting new applications until: February 1st (quite probably later)

[Game Master]
Arkyrion

Available Slots: 2
Current Characters:
--Aloysius Regier, Human Cleric of St. Cuthbert
--Seras Mannerain, Elven Scout
--Kelon Anastria, Human Beguiler
--Faniel Hangerback, Human Kineticist (psion)
--Xi-Fang, Human Monk

[Application Process]
Include each of the following fields in your application.

-Character Name
-Race
-Age.
-Physical/Personality Description: Have fun. No alignment restrictions, but be advised that evil characters will be treated as such by the general public.
-Background: A paragraph at least. Include personal history, as well as your reason for being in the capital.

Make your character as compelling as possible. Applicants will be chosen based upon how much I like their character, not how quickly they can transform said character into a demigod.

[Character Creation]
Character Level 2. 4d6 highest three, reroll ones. You may re-roll any set with a stat of 7 or below, or any set with a total modifier of +6 or less. Any of the common races will be allowed, as will any race with a level adjustment of +0.

[Sourcebooks Allowed]
Player's Handbooks I and II, Dungeon Master's Guide, Complete Arcane, Complete Adventurer, Complete Mage, Complete Champion, Complete Divine, Complete Warrior, Complete Scoundrel (no skill tricks), and Complete Psionic. I will accept material from Stormwrack, Sandstorm, and Races of..., but I will be very picky. Flaws and Traits are not allowed.

[Other Stuff]
Make your rolls here.
Post character applications here.

In closing, read up on the old posts, get familiar with your future party members, introduce yourself in the OOC. And most importantly, have fun.

Game Description:

Game Description:
Welcome to Fludwal, adventurer. Welcome to the shining capital city of Dyrenia. Many have called it the City of Opportunity, and as far as opportunities to have your throat slit go, they're right on the money. Sure, the city might not be the prettiest thing on the horizon; a city sitting on an enormous floodgate isn't the easiest thing to make attractive. And when I say enormous, I mean ENORMOUS. Miles long, miles across, and damn near a mile high. It has to be; it spans the union of three of the largest rivers on the continent. That's right. The capital is sitting right above the largest fresh water source on the entire continent. This city is the reason that Dyrenia, small a nation as it is, hasn't had a war in nearly a thousand years; neighboring nations aren't likely to attack if they know you can flip the switch on their water. Sure, there were always the incursions from the barbarian tribes a few countries to the south, but these hardly ever made it past Corin, Dyrenia's southern neighbor.

Yep, Dyrenia has had a pretty sweet setup for the past millennium. But, as they say, all good things must come to an end. Remember those barbarians? Well, a few decades back, a couple of the tribes civilized, organized, militarized, and went imperial on every other tribe in the southern wastes. A few years of pacification and unification and BAM! The Empire of Darahn was born.

Nowadays, Darahn has been chomping at the bit to spread their beloved imperialism to the nations around them. And wouldn't you know it, Corin was the first to give them the chance. Turns out that old hatred dies hard, and Corin was all but crushed in just a few short months. Next on Darahn's hit list is a small nation with no buffer nation, barely any military, and no control over Darahn's water supply: Dyrenia.

So you'll excuse our mess at the moment, the news of Corin's fall just reached Fludwal, and the general populace isn't taking it all too well. Those crashes you were hearing weren't all in your head, the rioters are getting closer. And they are by no means happy.

Welcome to the Warzone, adventurer. It's hell here.

Games I Run: Warzone Reborn; Peasants vs. Goblins
Games I Play: Between Earth and Sky
I plan on using the Battle Sorcerer variant in the Unearthed Arcana. Trades 1 spell known and 1 spell per day on each spell level for a d8 hit die, casting in light armor, one martial weapon proficiency, and a medium BaB. Since Unearthed Arcana isn't explicitly mentioned, thought I would check to see if it's ok.
Also, am I to understand I can't start with any scrolls?

So, level 2. What is our starting gold? First level for class, or standard WBL (900 gp)? Or something else entirely?

Starting Gold is standard for level 2. Unearthed Arcana is allowed.

I'm familiar with the Knight as it appears in the PHII. The dragonlance variant, not so much. Get me a link or description, and we'll talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkyrion View Post
Starting Gold is standard for level 2. Unearthed Arcana is allowed.

I'm familiar with the Knight as it appears in the PHII. The dragonlance variant, not so much. Get me a link or description, and we'll talk.
Speaking of knight, I saw the allowed sources and assumed that 'core' includes the PHII. I had probably better ask if Duskblades are legal, too.

Are we allowed to come up with our own gods/demigods if we wanted to make a cleric or maybe paladin? I had an idea for a cleric but I wanted to take her into druid (or possibly warlock) levels as well provided the rolls I make are good enough.

Not sure if that's an idea/mix that'd be instantly shot down, but I wanna give it a crack.