Chapter 7a: Return to Base Immediately

 
Alelip curses at the brambles and
survival:
Dice Roll:
1d20+4
d20 Results: 15 (Total = 19)
attempts to make his way through the thicket.

Rives continues to
handle animal:
Dice Roll:
1d20+7
d20 Results: 12 (Total = 19)
These dice were omitted, altered, or moved: 1d20+2
Original Dice: 1d20+2
urge Strider on, not paying particular attention to the difficulties of the others. Butch
ride:
Dice Roll:
1d20+6
d20 Results: 5 (Total = 11)
These dice were omitted, altered, or moved: 1d20+2 1d6+1
Original Dice: 1d20+2 1d6+1
rides as best he can, trying to get a
Composite Longbow, MW:
Dice Roll:
1d20+8 1d8+4
d20 Results: 15 (Total = 23)
d8 Results: 6 (Total = 10)
These dice were omitted, altered, or moved: 1d20+4 1d8+3
Original Dice: 1d20+4 1d8+3
shot off if possible, but the poor horse it not used to being used as a war mount and keeps the ranger bouncing too much to fire.

Caedmon and Alelip emerge from the other side of the thicket, the former doing his best to line up a shot when an opportunity presents itself.

At the rear of the group, Leo hoists Marin onto the back of his horse and the two continue to ride, hoping to keep the gap from shrinking. At that moment, a seventh gnoll bursts from hiding a scant twenty feet behind the two, bellowing a war cry as he joins in the chase.

Code:
                    1                   2
  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0   Feet
G     G   L    BA CR
G         M
G
G
G
G
Round 3 begins.

"Hold on" Leo shouts over his shoulder, spurning his mount on, trying desperately to out-pace the closest Gnoll, taking a bit more difficult
Balance:
Dice Roll:
1d20+7
d20 Results: 13 (Total = 20)
path, out of need more then desire.

Once beyond the thicket, Caedmon glances back and spots the gnoll that is now closing in on the pair. He then brings his mount to a halt and pulls it around in order to take a
attack:
Dice Roll:
1d20
d20 Results: 16
shot at the sinister beast hoping to give it
damage:
Dice Roll:
1d8+4
d8 Results: 8 (Total = 12)
pause.

Alelip, free of the brambles, puts his
handle animal:
Dice Roll:
1d20+2
d20 Results: 16 (Total = 18)
boots into the side of the horse and says, "Come on Whiskey, let's get out of here."

Rives
Ride:
Dice Roll:
1d20+7
d20 Results: 15 (Total = 22)
These dice were omitted, altered, or moved: 1d20+3
Original Dice: 1d20+3
continues to lead out, trying to gain as much distance as possible from the pursuing gnolls. Alelip follows the young stablehand's lead, making for the watchtower.

Caedmon finds a good line of sight and draws back his bowstring. The twang resonates through the forest as his arrow arches gracefully among the branches, embedding itself to the fletching in the gnoll that had joined the pursuit. The creature drops like a stone, its body rolling on the turf in a bloody mess. Butch follows along,
ride:
Dice Roll:
1d20+6
d20 Results: 5 (Total = 11)
These dice were omitted, altered, or moved: 1d20+2 1d6+1
Original Dice: 1d20+2 1d6+1
pursuing the young stablehand while aiming
Composite Longbow, MW:
Dice Roll:
1d20+8 1d8+4
d20 Results: 20 (Total = 28)
d8 Results: 7 (Total = 11)
These dice were omitted, altered, or moved: 1d20+4 1d8+3
Original Dice: 1d20+4 1d8+3
over his shoulder, but is nearly thrown from his seat as his horse takes an awkward tack around a tree.

Leo takes his horse over a rocky outcropping, his path chosen for him by the rescue attempt. Fortunately, both he and Marin are still mounted when Moonlight lands on the far side.

Bear, no longer encumbered by a rider, lengthens his stride and tries to catch up to Whiskey.

Code:
                    1                   2
  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0   Feet
G           L B  AC R
G           M
G
G
G
G
Round 4 begins.

Caedmon leans on his mount and gives Midnight a pat of appreciation, before turning the colt back to a direction leading away from the Gnolls. Calling over his shoulder to Butch, "Get a move on Butch, we can take more shots at them from a better position!", Caedmon
Ride:
Dice Roll:
1d20+4
d20 Results: 12 (Total = 16)
pushes the young horse forward.

Alelip draws in close to the horse's body and presses his
handle animal:
Dice Roll:
1d20+2
d20 Results: 13 (Total = 15)
boots into the horse again, trying to maximize the speed of his mount.

"Lets fly" Leo quickly scouts a good
Balance:
Dice Roll:
1D20+7
d20 Results: 20 (Total = 27)
path, and rides on.




 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Myth-Weavers Status