Old Feb 18 '11, 11:16pm
Young Adult Dragon

Pathfinder Adventure Path ~ Carrion Crown

Whispering Shadows - Forum
Pathfinder - Golarion
Ad Closes: Mar 7 '11
Estimated Members Requested: 4

GOTHIC HORROR !

Looking for four, possibly five, adventurous souls to face a great horror in, and a terrible threat to Golarion

The adventure path 'Carrion Crown' comes out next month and looks, in my humble opinion, to be rather interesting. I'm hoping to have a group ready to start when I have the pages in my hot little hands.

I cannot promise to run all six chapters in the adventure path; that would be plainly just a lie. But we'll keep going till we all get sick of the story, of each other, or until real life brings us crashing back to reality.

I'll open a thread shortly for any dice rolling and such and continue to provide what teasers and odd bits of info I can (the player's guide for the path comes out soon as well) but for the basics:

Please use the Epic Fantasy point buy (25 points)

Applications can be placed in the link below (please open your own thread under your characters name)

http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdis...18416&tg=17768

Please limit your sources to anything from http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/. There are a few new complimentary sources coming out for this adventure path and they will be added to the allowed sources as they come.

A character sheet is cool but not immediately necessary. I don't like the idea of people spending hours on such things and then be told 'sorry'. The only requirement for an application is to . . intrigue me. Descriptions, backgrounds or even something such as coordinating a group application . . these things are all acceptable.

That's it for now. It's not much I know but there is a bit of time before the AP arrives so we have time. This is just to get the ideas and concepts started.

Game Description:

PATHFINDER ADVENTURE PATH ~ CARRION CROWN

From the whispering shadows of haunted Ustalav an ancient evil rises to grip the world in a new age of horror!

Amid the mists of this land of dark superstition and dread secrets stand both those who would defy the return of evil and those who would seek its terrible favor. Can the heroes discern their allies from their enemies in time to save a tortured realm from a tyrantís return? Pathfinderís darkest and most frightening campaign ever sets the heroes against the agents of Golarionís most notorious villain, the Whispering Tyrant, in a terrifying trek across a land of lurking horror and ancient mysteries.

Chapter 1: "Haunting of Harrowstone"
by Michael Kortes

When Harrowstone Prison burned to the ground, prisoners, guards, and a host of vicious madmen met a terrifying end. In the years since, the nearby town of Ravengro has shunned the fire-scarred ruins, telling tales of unquiet spirits that wander abandoned cellblocks. But when a mysterious evil disturbs Harrowstoneís tenuous spiritual balance, a ghostly prison riot commences that threatens to consume the nearby village in madness and flames. Can the adventurers discover the secrets of Harrowstone and quell a rebellion of the dead? Or will they be the spirit-prisonís next inmates?

Chapter 2: "Trial of the Beast"
by Richard Pett

The rampaging abomination known as the Beast of Lepidstadt has been captured! Yet rather than destroy the monster for its countless murders and untold crimes, the city council demands the creature receive a fair trial. Upon traveling to Lepidstadt, the adventurers find themselves caught up in the anger and investigations surrounding the Beastís judgment. Soon itís up to them to discover whether the legendary monster is truly a killer or merely the instrument of some greater evilóand either way, whether itís too dangerous to be allowed to survive.

Chapter 3: "Broken Moon"
by Tim Hitchcock

When the savage lord of Ustalavís werewolves is mysteriously murdered, the nationís forests run with lycanthropic blood. War in the wilds soon spills onto the streets, as the people of the land, seeing the strife among their long-time foes, begin a hunt to scour the nation of the deadly shape-shifters. Entreated by a lord of the werewolves to help unite his savage people, the heroes must risk becoming tainted by the curse of lycanthropy as they race across the heart of the nation to find an outcast heir. But can they do so before bestial assassins and the agents of the Whispering Way find him, or the heroes, first?

Chapter 4: "Wake of the Watcher"
by Greg A. Vaughan

No one goes to Illmarsh, a decrepit village haunted by tales of ghastly midnight rites and sacrifices to shadows from the sea. When the heroes learn of an unholy bargain between the cultists of the Whispering Way and the drowned gods of this wretched town, they must journey through a wilderness gone wrong to prevent it. But an eerie evil has also set its eye on Illmarsh, and the communityís deep lords are the first to fall. Can the heroes discover what foulness festers in the mind of Illmarsh? And will they be able to withstand the whispers of an insanity from beyond the stars?

Chapter 5: "Ashes at Dawn"
by Neil Spicer

A murderer stalks the streets of Caliphas, a slasher who only hunts a particular type of victim: vampires. As the heroes track the cultists of the Whispering Way, they lose their quarry amid the mazelike alleys of Ustalavís crowded capital city. But from the shadows, a dark patron rises with offers of aid and insights into the cultís ultimate evil. All he asks in return is that the adventurers put an end to the murderer terrorizing the cityís vampires. This leads the heroes into an underworld of endless night, where they must explore the vampiresí deadly society and indulge its blasphemous traditions if theyíre to discover whoís murdering the undead. What they uncover is a conspiracy of blood, and a union of evils willing to risk both life and undeath in the pursuit of ever-lasting youth.

Chapter 6: "Shadows of Gallowspire"
by Brandon Hodge

The plot of an undead-obsessed cult, the Whispering Way, comes to its terrifying climax! With relics gathered from across the land, the death-worshipers travel to the most feared location in the Pathfinder campaign setting, the tower of Gallowspire, wherein lurk the deathless remains of the immortal evil wizard known as the Whispering Tyrant. There the cultists plot to conduct a ritual to resurrect the notorious villain, using their collected relics to transform an innocent into a new undead body for the imprisoned archmage. Can the heroes withstand the ageless evil of Gallowspire to finally defeat the Whispering Way? Or will the Whispering Tyrant, one of the greatest fiends ever known, be unleashed upon the world once more?

Last edited by Winter Moon; Feb 20 '11 at 3:58am..
I would love to join this game. I am an experienced RPer and am currently running a Pathfinder Game myself, although I am still familiarizing myself with some of the more obscure rules.

I'm interested in playing a dwarven berserker.

Broozh Hammerstone, male dwarf Barbarian Level 1.

Although DPR type is my first choice, I would also be willing to play the role of the healer if needed.

I too am an experienced player, I've been playing for nearly a decade now, and have been running games about as long. Loving Pathfinder, I've found that it's really alleviated the few clunky bits in 3.5. I've played some play-by-post, but on other forums. Sadly, the games there would die after about a month.

I'd like to apply as a small group, just two of us. We're paired characters, designed to complement each other and fight closely together. OpticalHopscotch is quite new to Pathfinder, but was so keen to play that we've been desperately searching for a game all week. We're in close communication, so their newness won't be an issue, as I can help out where it's needed.

Also, I'd like to thank Strokes. I'm borrowing their format for the application. Heh.

Aamir Ogrimm Male Human Fighter 1, looking to play through as a Fighter all the way unless things get strange.
Khiida Blithebowl Female Half-Orc Fighter 1, intending to take the rest of their levels as Cleric.

I'm rather inexperienced but interested.

Kayla female Human Ranger 1

Posting some definate interest, I'm experienced with Pathfinder- I play and DM both at the moment. Definately my favorite system right now.

As is my typical curse, I have three thousand ideas bouncing around in my head... so I'll have to get back to ya with my character concept. I might be doing a co-op with Samaelryn if he decides to play too.

EDITMITATION: Quick question: Can I use a Ifrit from Bestiary 2 as my race? Playing a pyro seems to be running forefront atm.

Alright, posting my interest... I am an experienced RPer on and off the Weave, and though I am fairly new to the PF system... I am loving it with my Cavalier. Though I think this time around I will be submitting a Cleric, should have an application done for you in a day or so.

I'd love to play an entire AP of gothic horror - that's right up my alley.

I toss you a concept on the othe side of the weekend...

EDIT: Don't make me bite you, Shadow.