Notices

Daius Ammon

Perhaps you'd be best to aim for gaining an actual undead template in the future? LA is a pain, but having d12's as hit dice, and Cha to your HP total is going to mean you're pretty damn sturdy. Still, slowing down spell progression might not be worth it.

Also, loving your character so far. I'll admit, I was actually wary, at first (There's so many bad undead/necromancer/dark arts characters out there, just super two-dimensional) but you're doing it well. That exchange between you and Andrei was great stuff.

Thanks, I'm really enjoying playing such a different character.

And yeah, I might look at the templates, it's certainly be fitting. Having a d12 hit dice... heh, that'd be worth it alone, I imagine.

EDIT: What template are you thinking of, specifically? Undead HD is a d8, from everything I've seen yet. Also, zombie template would make my int and cha go down to 10. >_<

At some point we'll need to discuss whether your character possesses a soul . . in any shape or form. It's important from a gothic tragedy type of thing but also pure game mechanics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowhntr7 View Post
EDIT: What template are you thinking of, specifically? Undead HD is a d8, from everything I've seen yet. Also, zombie template would make my int and cha go down to 10. >_<
Heh, sorry. I was thinking 3.5. I forgot Pathfinder intentionally nerfed the undead specifically because so many casting classes WERE taking templates. All the same, d8's are okay, and adding your CHA to your HD is bloody useful in your case. +5 HP per level, making you as sturdy as a Fighter/Ranger/Paladin with CON 16.

Still, if I had my pick, I'd say Wight. I've only got the SRD to go off, no Bestiary books available to me at the moment, but they're CR+1. Which (technically) isn't going to translate to a huge LA (I think. I just realized I don't normally calculate LA's and such, so have next to no idea if I have this right). At the same time, you get those tasty CHA based HP, and a Wight has a +4 to CHA. It's a lot of gain, but it will come at a very steep price; beyond the usual undead tomfoolery, you'll be unresurrectable. If you're destroyed, trying to resurrect you will just destroy you again. You'd need to be reincarnated, and since you're a sin against nature as is, finding a druid who wants to do it will be pretty well impossible.

They DO gain a +2 to all other stats save for CON, naturally, but overall I actually wouldn't call this whole thing overpowered. It'd probably be LA+2, and the slow down of spell casting advancement will negate the more potent spell effects and the extra bonus spells. You'd gain d8+7 HP per level, though, so you'd be pretty amazingly tough. It'd make a great "Dread Lord" necromancer, raising fewer of the dead but marching with them, using spell like Righteous Might, Bull's Strength and Enlarge to make up for the lower BAB (Or just dishing out touch attacks whilst your undead give you flanking). Still, actually hitting people as Wight has advantages. Level drain, and all that.

Edit: ...Well, now I REALLY want to use a Wight necromancer as a BBEG in another game. :P