Notices

World of Farland

A world conquered by evil and ruled by the Lords of Sin; A unique campaign setting designed to be used with D&D 4th Edition.

Adventures

Adventures

Hi, I'm new here, Hope I'm welcome here.

So I finished duct-taping Farland together, so I have a quick question. I went to the adventures to check them out because I'd like to run a 4th campaign for D&D, but never had a campaign world to run it in, until now. So the first thing that catches my eye is this:

This scenario utilizes the D&D v.3.5 rules, but it can easily be used with the 3.0 rules as well

But I'm not using 3.5, but 4th. So now what? Is there anyway to adjust the campaign to 4th or is there a place on the website to download them for this edition? And I went to both farlandworld.com/tools.html#adventures and farlandworld.com/tools3.html#adventures and both were the same, I think.

Anyway, nice to meet y'all.

EDIT:

Hi Hedge, you are definitely welcome here. As far as 4E goes, the main website is entirely devoted to 4E. www.farlandworld.com and most links from it will relate to 4E. The bad news is that the 3.5 adventures have not yet been converted. Interested in converting any for publication on the site?

Absolutely! I am always on the lookout for high quality submissions. Just make sure your ideas are balanced and fit the flavor of the world.

Yes, it's just every few months at this point.

Another question (sorry, just trying to get details down before I submit something): I like creating Orders, groups of people, be they human or not, who have a specific purpose. Is there a place for that in Farland? If not, that is fine, I just do not want to mess up the flow that you have going on there.

I'm sure there could be. Can you explain a bit more what you mean?

Well, I was writing a story (which will probably not amount to much, so I am hoping to use some of the concepts elsewhere) and I have a group called the Order of Blacksmiths who made enchanted weapons out of a special metal that only they knew how to properly work. Each weapon they made was for a specific type of monster (for example, they could make a sword that works mainly against non-corporeal beings). Does that make sense?

Nevermind the above. After reading it I do not think that they would really fit into what you have there.