Notices

Docking: Welcome to Vandammung

Subject 20 cleared his throat, I meant, how do we know that we will be able to approach the ship?

Marc spoke up, "Well, the Vandammung has gravity tethers, don't we have them too? I know I'm concerned that the Doc will cut us free as soon as 'it' gets the chance and I think you are too. Therefore, as a salvage vessel don't we have the ability to latch onto other vessels, say..... gravity tethers? Is that what you mean 20? Kismit, do we got them?"

The shuttle does in fact have a gravity tether.

Allow me to be more specific. The Vandammung has ship to ship weapons systems. How are we planning on bypassing those if the AI determines we are a threat? Subject 20 asked. It seemed like an important detail as he was unsure what countermeasures their shuttle had.

The shuttle has nothing but 2 mass drivers and some weak shielding.

"At this point, 20, I can only offer you guesses. The DEB AI that I said was on our side, according to the briefing
Is that the correct pronoun?
she is in charge of maintenance and communications. Assuming that's still the case, our first contact with the Vandammung should be with her, which gives us a chance to get aboard on favourable terms. If that's not the case, I'd like to point out that the Doctor Worm system did send out a distress signal. Of course it could be a trap...but maybe the good Doctor really does want someone to come and fix the ship."
Kismet starts peering into the various holograms. She's looking for a place to secure the shuttlecraft where it will be very hard to dislodge...

"Then we pass ourselves off as a maintenace crew from the corporation, right? I mean if a distress signal was sent and we show up, it should let us in. If it does we shouldn't provoke it, we should go to wherever it tells us to land. What do you guys and gal think?", Marc said as he looked over the schematics while he stroked his chin.

There are many maintenance trenches along the exterior and there are some maintenance shuttle pads in those.

"So far we don't have any reason to suspect we'll be tagged as hostiles; We may be over-thinking this a bit. Personally, I'm more concerned about the 'theoretically non-existent' threat that caused the communication lapse in the first place."

At that moment, a communications window opens and a digital female face appears.
This is the DEB sentient AI system aboard the CSS Vandammung, hailing LSIR Shuttle 12110. Repeat, this is the DEB sentient AI system aboard the CSS Vandammung, hailing LSIR Shuttle 12110