Docking: Welcome to Vandammung

Marc looked at the commo array then back to the others and shrugged his shoulders.. "Well, normally I'd let my machine answer that, but I think we better take this one.", he said as he walk over to the screen. He pushed the flashing button off to the side of the screen and answered the cyber-woman. "This is Commander Kendall of the LSIR Shuttle 12110. DEB, you're coming in clear. It's a pleasure to meet you, it's been a long trip to get out here. Folks back in the rear heard your distress call. How can we be of assisstance?" He was careful not to lean in towards the screen so as to allow the others to see and hear what was going on.

The issue is...
There is a burst of static
NO!...Damn...
The static gets heavier
It's...damned...oth...I...Doct...rm
The transmission cuts. Suddenly the ship intercomm starts up
W-W-W-Welcome to the D-D-Doctor W-Worm Sh-Show
A garbled digital voice stutters, as if its sound cards were damaged
This is your h-h-h-h-h-host (host) Doctor, Doctor, Worm-m-m-m.
A communications window pops up, displaying a mass of tentacles forming a smiley face
You have arr-r-r-ived at l-l-long (long), last-ast-st. We've-eve-eve-eve-eve beeeeeeeeeeeen expecting yu-yu-yu-youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-You (have been) have been author-auth-authorized tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttto doo-do-do-dock (dock) in haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanger 4.
The shuttle jostles as autopilot kicks in
Ththththththannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnk you fo-or flying Air W-W-W-W-orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm

Subject 20 thought for a moment, "That seems like non-standard AI behavior. Am I wrong in assuming that the AI's are fighting for control of the ships systems?"

"No 20, you're not wrong. Kismit, see if you can get this trash heap over to Bay 4. Let's see what the good Doctor has in store for us.", Marc said. He turned and went to his bunk to get his kit on.

Subject 20 nodded, then left to his own room too gear up. He had been given some light battle armor, a shotgun, and an autoloading pistol. He was told that this gear was the best money could, and that on top of his cybernetic and genetic enhancements he should be more than capable of surviving.

He pounded twice on the chestplate of his armor and then headed to the airlock, making certain that his weapons were ready to fire.

As the shuttle approaches the ship, "Ride of the Valkeries" starts blasting through the intercomm.
DundanaDadaDundanaDadaDundanaDadaDun-nanana!

Frank was halfway to his equipment when the music started playing. "Well, this should be interesting, at least." he said softly to himself. He grabbed his Colt Python, a huge revolver he had bought during his days as a security guard, more for intimidation at the time than anything else, as well as a protective vest, concussion rod for close encounters, and a bullpup configuration Steyr AUG assault rifle he had purchased specifically for the job.

The shuttle pulls into a huge empty hanger. There are 20 docks, each big enough to hold approximately 30 shuttles, but all docks are empty except for a few maintenance drone shuttles. The power seems to be off, or at least dying; the landing beacons being the only provided light. At the far end of each dock is a decontamination zone and a security checkpoint, though you see no signs of life at any of them.