Tattered fates

Old Mar 23 '11, 6:26am
Adventureer

Tattered fates

TATTERED FATES - Forum
Dark Heresy
Ad Closes: Mar 31 '11
Estimated Members Requested: 5

looking for about 5 players, Rank 5 in DH, may possible allow Rogue Trader Rank 1 Characters also
Below is the intro to tattered fates.
Character creation, roll for each stat and place them as you wish to make the character you want to play, Exp equal to rank 5 Dark Heresy characters, Core book, Inquistior hand book are allowed for character Gen, DO NOT PURCHASE GEAR! ALL OF IT IS HAS BEEN TAKEN! feel free to describe how you were taken in your application if you wish for your background, All DH players are from the same inquisitor, either part of the same cell or have run across each other before.

Trying to decide how to run combat on here so as not to bog posts down, possible giving you creature stats at the beginning of the fight to allow you to roll for there dodge, and i will roll your dodge/parry reaction on creature's turn to allow you to describe your combat, ie. you know you miss with your shot, or hit, and can describe in detail how it looks, giving players some creativity in combat. any ideas or thoughts are appriciated, and will be discussed with those chosen. would like to see players working together as a team rather then lone wolves, since most games on here fall apart when players start to infight, please refrain from applying if you are this type of person that thinks they are "Rambo" you will have enough things stacked against you as it is.. Any other questions feel free to ask and i will amend this post and answer them best i can...thanks.

Game Description:

Darkness has taken you, leaving you endlessly falling into an empty oblivion without sight or sound. Moments flash briefly into being and fade again; a cold iron table and bright light above you, the mocking voice of a child, the reeling stench of beast and raw meat, weightlessness, the hammering of great machinery, and finally, fetid black water oozing beneath you and chill winds stirring foul air.

You wake slowly to find yourself paralyzed in cold darkness, your voice silent and your body as limp and useless as a rag doll. You are helpless to act or speak, or even hold your thoughts together, but you can hear the ragged breathing of others in the dark telling you that you are not alone in your fate and feel the bone-deep ache in your limbs confirming that you yet live.

Sickly-green lamps flicker on in the walls, and a dozen figures appear, wading shin-deep through rank waters towards the cold platform on which you and the other tangled forms hang. They wear ragged cloaks over dark body armor, and their faces are covered by grotesque animal masks fashioned from glittering metal and stitched skin. Each mask is different, one a hound one a serpent, another a swine, and so on, while the leader wears the gilded visage of a jackal with crimson teeth.

Chains are released and you are dumped into the ice-cold filth of the water with the others, all equally helpless, heaped up like in a mass grave for the living. Each of you is swiftly and perfunctorily examined by the masked men like livestock in a market. The Jackal Mask barks a curt order, and he and the others back away swiftly into the darkness.

Frost creeps across the walls, and the waters beneath you grow cold as the grave, as from the darkness a human-shaped, spike-studded metal cabinet comes into view, pushed along by two stunted and misshapen figures. Another shadowed form, tall and lean, hangs back on the edge of sight behind them.

Horror is heaped upon horror as the iron cabinet opens to reveal the severed head and mutilated torso of a young woman floating within in a column of unearthly light. The woman’s eyes snap open and cruel white light floods out. You feel the stabbing claws of a vile force invade your mind with its polluting touch as you and your fellow captives finally find voice enough to scream.

The force withdraws suddenly as the iron cabinet snaps shut. A silver-clawed hand rises from the darkness and indicates three captives in turn. The misshapen figures lunge forth and drag them screaming into the darkness where they are abruptly silenced.

Mercifully you are not among them.

The light fades and oblivion takes you again.

Last edited by Marshawk; Mar 23 '11 at 6:36am..
Hey Marshawk
Looking to go either Assassin or Gaurdsman...so starting xp is 3000 right.
Also what are you looking for in apps, a fully done char with sheet or just the background, until I find out if I've been accepted or not. Oh and do I put the app here or in the forum?
sorry for all the questions this is my first game app here

Putting my interest in right now. will start gening when i get home. Is it just core and inquisitors handbook or are radicals and blood of the martyr usable too, only asking in terms of psyhic powers and background/alternate careers etc.

Interested definetely, I think I will build a Rogue Trader 1 and a Dark Heresy Rank 5, just in case nobody else goes as Rogue Trader, and that way I've got a backup. Also, a bit more of information on what you are looking here would be useful.

Name: Dal Ryane

Origin: Imperium

Career: Guardsman

Dal was a tough character by anyones standard. He was part of the 510th one of the toughest forward recon regiments in the Imperium. They were sent in before every major attack or drop to recon forward enemy emplacements or secure dropzones. They were always at the front always leading the way, so it came as no surprise that his regiment had one of the highest mortality rates in the army. He was one of seven recruits left from a group of two hundred who started out less than two years ago, though he was no longer called a recruit after being battle hardened by almost constant war.

So it was when Dal met Inquisitor (insert name here) when he was on a mission and needed some muscle, once the mission ended (insert name here) made their grouping permanent and so he became an Acolyte and agent for the Inquisition.

Let me know if you need me to flesh this out more !! or is this ok for an app...was not sure if I should put a char sheet with it or wait to find out if I get accepted.

[dice=Stats]9m2d10+20[/dice]
No dice rolling in the ad forum thanks

*radicals is ok with me, i own that one..i don't have the blood one though..sorry..*
*backgrounds and at least stats and carreer, you can hold off on skills or at least working on them, if they arn't fully finished i won't hold it against you..*
*apps here in the forum, i will notify by email.*

Inquisitor Kaltos will be your inquisitor, Large man, bionic arm, bionic eye, calm and collected, till angered, then furious and unreasonable. Radical leanings if it furthers his own agenda. Willing to sacrifice for the greater good of the emperium.

Not sure what you mean by what i'm looking for on here RadicalD, basically a DH character and then i'm gonna throw you into the mix, right now its confusion for the Acolyte, you've been taken, drugged, beaten, possible tested on, and mind-tinkered with possible also...think of it as a good day in the Inquistion..lol..

Name: Veran Darler

Homeworld: Forge World

Career: Tech Priest

Background: Veran was bred on a forge world, if he had parents or he was created using some lost technology remains to be known and is of no relevance for him. Since he was small, he found himself wondered by the devices that surrounded him, he asked many questions and that was good, he showed promise, he grew up, and learned about the machine cult, he had yet to communicate with machines, but for years he had grown between them, learning about how they worked and about their spirits, he embraced the cult almost fanathically. When the time come, he undergo the ritual and officially became a Tech Priest.

During years he worked hard to be noticed, as he was one amongst untold billions, he helped rediscover lost machines and tested different manufactured weapons against objects and living beings, he soon came to realize that there was, but one thing that called more his attention that being a Tech Priest, it was to protect them, so he joined a military sect and learned their ways, he could feel the charges in his body, each time a grenade was thrown, his stomach jumped, his circuits were in perfect synchronization within the year. He was tasked with the elimination of some tech heretics, the worst type of heretic that could exist, corrupting the precious children of the machine god, when the mission ended, he received a letter with the Inquisitional Seal, he was needed, somwehere else.

By the way, Marshak, dice can't be rolled here, you need to create a thread for that in the game forum, otherwise you will only have fluff.