Walking home

 
As Veir steps out of the shop and starts to make his way down the street...

An arrow phases out of a nearby building, whistling in at the Weapon Master at full speed. It impacts the pavement just behind him.

Veir can immediately feel the effects as all of his Magical effects are immediately suppressed. This is accentuated by the clatter of his tower shield hitting the ground.

Before the shield touched stone, a pair of greenish orbs traveled 130ft in less than six seconds... only to wink out some 20ft from Veir.

~
Inish
Round One ~
34) ??? -
32) ?? -
25) ? -
~ * ~


Veir whirls about, his sword coming into his hand as he spins,
perception:
Dice Roll:
1d20+32
d20 Results: 13 (Total = 45)
looking about to see his assailants.

The area goes suddenly silent. Violence is apparently about to happen. Those not involved watch from what they consider safe vantage points. Others still scurry for bolt holes, lest they become part of the carnage...

DB EDIT
~
Veir is up.
Round One ~
37) ???? - delays until 30, due to...
34) ??? - delayed until after ?
32) ?? - delayed until after ?

31) Veir -
30) ????
25) ? -
24) ?? and ???
18) ????? -
9) ?????? -
~
* ~

It only takes a moment, but suddenly Veirs form appears to enlarge, becoming huge, and well built. Dark wings sprout from his back, black and feathered. Scooping up his shield, the weapon master leaps into the air, quickly escaping the Anti-Magic Field that had surrounded him, and returning to the normal form he prefers.. As he reaches altitude, he turns at breakneck speed towards the source of the green Orbs. a smile crosses his lips as his pray come into view, and a single dagger flies from his hand toward the figure on the right.

The thrown dagger streaks past one of Veir's assailants and ricochets off of the stone and clatters to a stop near the edge of the roof.

DB EDIT
~ Round One ~
37) ???? - delays until 30, due to...
34) ??? - delayed until after ?
32) ?? - delayed until after ?

31) Veir -
30) Za'al'kho'xyl -
25) ? -
24) ?? and ???
18) ????? -
9) ?????? -
~
* ~


[this space reserved, pending results for the above attack]

The two attackers on the roof look the same, both wear black robes flow when they move giving lots of room for movement, but also the matching gloves and boots totally hide the skin, and the hood and mask in place Vier cannot even tell if male or female. Drow use this when on the surface and do not wish people to notice their dark skin. Most items can be worn under this robe and protected from the sunlight as well. Some drow wear this around the city while doing something they wish to hide their identity, though any priestess can command someone to remove the mask to show themselves. You cannot see any weapons or armour or any equipment on either of them.

The thrown dagger comes to rest about 15ft behind the robed guy on the right.

~ Round One ~
31) Veir -
30) Za'al'kho'xyl -
25) ? -
24) ??? -
24) ?? - missed by a dagger throw
18) ????? -
9) ?????? -
~
* ~



bump for... [private=lady kakita ayame]you're up kiddo

The two attackers on the roof look the same, both wear black robes flow when they move giving lots of room for movement, but also the matching gloves and boots totally hide the skin, and the hood and mask in place Vier cannot even tell if male or female. Drow use this when on the surface and do not wish people to notice their dark skin. Most items can be worn under this robe and protected from the sunlight as well. Some drow wear this around the city while doing something they wish to hide their identity, though any priestess can command someone to remove the mask to [ooc=show themselves. You cannot see any weapons or armour or any equipment on either of them.

The thrown dagger comes to rest about 15ft behind the robed guy on the right (?? on the initiative).
[/private]

Two male drow come around the corner of a building to see Vier jump into the air and grow wings. Finding this interesting they back into the shadows to hide and watch. Both males are wearing long dark cloaks with hoods pulled up over their heads. The smaller of the two looks like his wears shiny chainmail under the cloak that he tries to hide while in the shadows. There are bulges under the cloak that looks like he is wearing weapons. Piercing blue eyes peer out of the cloak.

The taller of the two pulls his cloak tighter as he slowly backs into the shadows you can notice a thin rapier strapped to his side, as the cloak closes tighter around the male. Red eyes peer out of his hood and a few strands of blue hair.



There was a knock at the door, which Dra'vash didn't notice at first, for he was occupied with his other mental faculties.

The second knock was harder - more of a slam, really - which brought the drow back to this body, his own body. His eyelids quivered as his eyes rolled back in their sockets, which revealed crimson red eyes hidden beneath a golden red tattoo of a pentagram. He had gotten the tattoos years ago when he first dabbled in the Art, and while the risk for permanent blindness was a big factor in the scribing of the pentagram, the plucky drow managed to slip by with his eyesight intact.

Dra'vash, with his awareness back to his body, held his hand out and did a small flicking motion. As he did, the lock to the door twisted and the door telekinetically swung open, revealing his older brother, Kaer'vek, with his arm above his head, frozen in the air, seemingly about to bust down the door. He arched his left eyebrow as he passed through the threshold.

"Locked? I was only gone for a minute, dear brother..."

The younger brother shrugged. "Habit, I suppose. I always feel for the need for some measure of security, even if it's in a private room." Dra'vash held his arms out and stretched, simultaneously yawning as he reclined back into his seat. The accommodations of the Bar were lax, and that was the way he preferred with greetings like this.

The room was small and hardly furnished - there were two chairs and a table, and that was it. Kaker'vek sat down, with the door to the hallway behind him, and his brother and the small window in front of him. He was more blessed with physique than his younger brother, and had longer hair than him. When he smiled, others felt it. He had a kinder face than his brethren, and he generally used it to use favor. He wore simple black clothes, with only his rapier on his side.

"Well, I'm just glad that you're alive", he said in return, sitting down at the table. "You went under the radar for that last mission, and actually made some of us worry." He sat back as well, trying to relax after the hard day. "I trust that you won't do that again?"

The younger brother sat quietly with his back to the window. He wasn't gifted with a powerful body, or an elegant face, but he had a powerful mind, and he was eager to use it often. The drow sat there, with his hood up just covering the crown of his head. There were no possessions on his body, and he too was wearing simple black clothes, save for the hooded cloak.

There was a moment of silence where Kaer'vek was hoping that his brother would say something, but there was no response. As he opened his mouth to rebuke his brother, Dra'vash interrupted him.

"Sorry brother, I'm here with you, it's just that... I'm not here. He heard people whispering, a commotion - apparently something is happening outside - so I told him to investigate."

The older brother looked around, but did not find the imp within the room. "Wait, so that's where Morinfen went? Out?"

"Out", he repeated, motioning to the window with his hand. There was a telekinetic push, and the window slightly swiveled open, then shut back again.

Kaer'vek got up from his chair and sauntered over to the window, cautiously looking outside. A moment later, he remarked, "It's a fight."

"Indeed, brother, but I cannot recognize those who are fighting."

He smiled at his brother's 'superior' memory. For one who knows so much, he really didn't remember things unless it was written down. "You've been gone for a while, brother. Too long. From here... all I can see is Veir. He's from House Aleander." He peered out the window again. "Wait, where's Morinfen again?"

"Around, brother. He's always around..." he replied, his eyes rolling back in their sockets as he spoke.

~~~~~

The imp heard voices often, and while he had learned to shut them away, this time, the murmurs of the people below piqued his interest. Master Dra'vash had commanded him to scout for him, so he did so.

Currently, he stood on a gargoyle head of an adjacent building, watching the assault.

I know about the 2 man rule, but the Imp is the only one there on the scene.
ooc -
Kaer'vek -left, Dra'vash - right
brothers -
Morinfen
imp

Two strange figures appear, having not been there just a
I know most of you have Super Senses that would shame a DC Superhero
moment before. Both appear much as a half-melted candle, the smaller one appears behind the two black clad figures and flails away with two slimey pseudopod-like-tentacles at the one of the right. And the other appears directly in front of them, seemingly unconcerned with trivial details such as "gravity". This one does...
nothing?



~ Round One ~
31) Veir -
30)
Za'al'kho'xyl the Forgotten - manifested
25) ? -
24) ??? -
24) ?? - missed by a dagger throw
18) ????? -
9) ?????? -
~
ooc
* ~




 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Myth-Weavers Status       Advertise with us