Ideas for d20 Modern e6 Gestalt

I was thinking of starting up an anime game with a theme similar to The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya with a little Level E thrown in. In any case, I don't really want the game level to be too powerful, mainly because higher level games tend to break the system IMO. But at the same time, I don't really want to gimp the characters either. So I came up with an idea for a compromise. Something of a variation on Gestalt where a 6 level progression is stretched to 12 level sort of, and the in betweens grant bonus feats/talents or additional ability score bonuses. Because I was bored inspired, I made a chart.

*Only 1 feat if the character is nonhuman.

I'm of the mind that if a character wants to play a race with Level Adjustment, then the right side would be used as a trade off, which would effectively allow a character to start off with a creature on the right side as high as ECL 6. The tradeoff would be that the character would lose the bonus feats/talents and ability score bonus from the right side up to the creature ECL. The advantage would be a potential higher power level at the start. I'm still working out how to do this, because a race equivalent to human in power level shouldn't incur a penalty other than the bonus feat they lose at level 1. So maybe the starting ECL for a race could actually be ECL 7,since the first level doesn't really count being equivalent to human.

Anyhow, if I had a clear idea as to how the mechanics worked, I wouldn't be posting here looking for opinions.