Haunting of Harrowstone

Haunting of Harrowstone

You are hereby sentenced to live the remainder of your short life in Harrowstone, which, I hasten to add, is a blessing compared to the extent of your crimes and the suffering of your victims. There you will reside in the misery of your thoughts until such time as you are drawn, hanged, and quartered. May the gods have no mercy on your blighted soul.

—The final sentencing of Vance Saetressle (“The Lopper”) in 4661 ar
by Jurisdeclaris Axenris the Third.

Travel through the 'portal' was near instantaneous, however there was a slight moment of - resistance - before stepping once more into the real world. Having teleported before the party knew the sensation they had felt - something akin to leaving ones stomach behind - was not normal. And judging by their surrounding it was clear that they hadn't quite landed on target.

But at least they had arrived close to civilization, if the warmth of lamps glowing in windows was anything to go by. Night had finally settled but there was no mistaking the sounds and smells associated with a farming community, and the largest grouping of lights spoke . . village.

Miosily and Lym appear after having followed the rest through the portal. she stands for a moment blinking, and then slumps to the side, hurling in an aweful noise. Lym takes flight and lands on a branch, obscure from vision.

after that ordeal is passed, Miosil stands up, trying to act nobly "I could sure do without these... jumps. that was one of the creepiest places i've been to for quite awhile! May Pharasma see to it that we don't meet 'Father' ever again..." she looks towards the village "anyone has any idea of where we might be?"

Valeria stared out into the distance trying to get a
Knowledge(Geography):
Dice Roll:
1d20
d20 Results: 7
cue as to where they were but that was proving to be futile... glad that the others made it through she responded simply with a smile "No... I guess we shall need to find out, there's a village not a long way off, I think that's our best bet for answers"

Coming to a cold realization she exclaims "Wait... aren't we missing people?"

Janel Raj

Janel took a moment to calm her stomach once they had teleported again, then began to look around. She wanted to make sure they were all safe, and when Valeria mentioned that they were missing some people she offered another prayer to Sarenrae as she searched around for a moment to see if there was any sign of them. When she finally gave it up for a lost cause, she turned back to the others. They were not here, and she could do nothing for them.. But she could help these other strangers - they all seemed to know who this Professor was, but she still felt like a complete outsider here, not that she was not accustomed to that feeling. "I don't believe we all had a proper chance to introduce ourselves... earlier. I am Janel Raj, a Cleric of Sarenrae from Katapesh."

Andrei stumbles as he is ejected from the spell, and he stands for a moment, just shivering in the cool night air before the witch's words cause him to look around. It had been long ago... the bumps in the road transferred through the wagon... the lights and smells were the same. "Ravengro." Andrei's voice is rough at first, "This is Ravengro, where... the professor lives..." A wry smile, "Of course, the child told us so..." But then hearing Valeria, and looking about himself, he shudders once more, "Still at Grimholdt... poor souls." Andrei assists the healer in a futile search, even though he can already guess their fate...

"Andrei, from, well, here." He peers at Janel's face, "You seem a bit... wet... for what I've heard of Katapesh. Doubtless there is a story, but we should start making our way into the village, and out of the dark."

Unable to find the game forum

The long journey to the town of Ravengro is finally at an end; though it has unfolded like none of you had intended. Those who knew of the professor, and of his death felt a sudden emptiness that was only enhanced by the cool night air - signalling the fading days of summer. There was sadness . . an end of things.

Ravengro sits near Lake Lias in western Ustalav, in the county of Canterwall, the breadbasket of the confederacy. During the day if you walked through the fields and groves of this fertile land, you would see many a farmer, tradesman or merchant on your path, though none would be especially friendly. With the passing into twilight, suspicion bordered on resentment and one always had the feeling violence was a miss-spoken word away. For every light that glowed in a window, another was dark and shuttered against the night.

Finding a room for the night weighs heavily on your minds although you know you would be welcome at the Lorrimor residence. To make matters worse a light shower passes, leaving you cold, wet and miserable.

Back at Castle Haunted...

An ether machine? Certainly, nothing that Daius had ever heard before. Glancing around, he noticed that the others had already stepped through the portal (trusting fools, though ones with little choice), to end up wherever they might. This machine had made the professor..sad? Fear, horror, yes- he would expect those from anything of fel power, but sadness? Very strange.

Standing at the edge of the telportation circle, he looked back up to the girl. "Girl.. what is your father? He is no human."