Notices

Party balance

Party balance

Ok, so we're all going to be Sneaker McStealthytons. But if we're all rogues and ninjas, we might not be as effective a thief team as a more diverse group. I think of the cadre assembled by that paragon of thieves, Daniel Ocean.

That group had bards (Danny, Ryan), proper rogues (Linus, Yen), a fighter type (Virgil), and even a wizard (Basher). Leverage is another good example of how a group of thieves can have diverse skill sets and backgrounds and all operate as a cohesive conman unit.

With all that blabbering aside, I've started this thread so us player types can figure out how our prospective characters can best work together, and to make sure we don't miss out on any vital roles.

Edit: If anything here contradicts your vision for the game, oh illustrious game master, please correct me. :-)

Current Plans:

Illuminaire - Alchemist

BjmGeek - Pirate! Arrrr!

Hanabi - Rogue

Jeeeeoker - Rogue

QikJoi - Bard (Sandman)

Ohmsford - Sniper Rogue or Sorceress

Daemonar - Alchemist

My personal plans are to either play an Alchemist (support/offensive caster, could focus on melee if needed) or an Oracle (support caster/healer, party face).

I figure I'll write stories for both and see what the group needs most. :-)

diversity is cool with me... might give you a better chance of surviving... maybe

If we're a bunch of sneaky folks anyway, whisper gnome seems ... interesting.

Of course, that's 3.5 not PF, so yeah.

Howdy guys - I'm definitely planning on applying to this game. For my part, I'm leaning towards playing a gnome bard (sandman archetype), though I'm also considering a rogue with a combination of archetypes. Just thought I'd throw my two cents in!

Hehe, let's all be bards and start a band together. We'll leave this city behind and tour coast to coast!

My first inclination was a human bard - entertainer in the public eye, underground conspirator outside of it. But since a lot of others have selected bard, I can just do a plain old rogue. A subset of the party being gnomes would be kind of cool, like a gnomish mafia.

A strange concept I might also try is to make a monk, the lawful alignment requirement being satisfied as long as he regards the city authorities as corrupt and unfit to rule, justifying a revolution as necessary for the good of the people. By his personal code of ethics, he can't allow such oppression to go unchecked.

A rogue/witch multiclass also crossed my mind. Terrible in combat, but her Hex tricks and rogue skills combine to make sure she rarely gets into any, or can easily get out of it when it's unavoidable. Or she just relies on a few good gnomes to protect her. I might even make her a gnome, just to fit in with the crowd. We can be like a pack of gypsies, and she's everyone's grandma.

It sounds like we're going to have a fun, crazy party!

I've pretty much settled on my character idea, though I'm torn between two classes. I'm going to play an idealistic young "missionary" for an appropriately larcenous god. He will be driven, dedicated, and absolutely convinced that it is his holy mission to save the drab, overly lawful citizens of Magada from themselves. (Comedy and danger should ensue =p )

Class wise, he will be either an Oracle (easier for background) or an Inquisitor (easier for lulz).

For me I am planning on being what I had originally created for this game a Rogue/Bard. i may change it depending but mostly Halfling Rogue.

ah the lovely music of character ideas... keep 'em coming... I can't wait to kill you all!

ok, maybe I won't kill you... right away... maybe I'll just play with you a while first...

joking aside:
Jeoker- the city is lawful good, so you might have a hard time justifying the authorities as corrupt...
Everyone- not sure if I mentioned this before, but while magic exists in the city, it is not trusted by the general populace. so magical books/items will not be easy to come by legally. Also, outright magic is frowned upon: doing outright magic in public is a good way to land yourself in jail. So, feel free to play a magical characters, just know that you will have to be careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeeeoker View Post

A strange concept I might also try is to make a monk, the lawful alignment requirement being satisfied as long as he regards the city authorities as corrupt and unfit to rule, justifying a revolution as necessary for the good of the people. By his personal code of ethics, he can't allow such oppression to go unchecked.
I'm never sure about how that works. I thought if the law was bad, so you don't follow it, you're chaotic. In your case, the "for the good of the people" sounds like you're describing chaotic good.

I'm not sure though.