Old Apr 3 '11, 6:35pm
Dapper Gentleman

One Queen, Triumphant

One Queen, Triumphant - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 6

One Queen, Triumphant
Dungeons & Dragons Edition 3.5

What's This Game?One Queen, Triumphant is a Dungeons and Dragons edition 3.5 play-by-post game. The game is set in a homebrew world created by yours truly, ShamedShadow. The world is still under development, so adding to the setting and especially asking questions about it is very much encouraged. The game is set in the western area of a continent known as Eldai, where once a large empire known as Galdae ruled.

Within the last 30 years or so, however, Galdae’s king was blessed with three children. These three children all competed for the throne, and in the process sundered Galdae into three countries, now collectively called the Galds. The player characters of the game are recruited by one of the siblings, Queen Theril of East Gald, to aid her in a plan to reunite Galdae under her banner.

The game will be utilizing the Wiki in the form of the world, which players are expected to read up on at least partially. Information specific to the Galds will be added in the forum as things come up.

Who Am I Looking For?Anyone and everyone. I am looking for people new to DnD 3.5, and people who have played it forever. Any person who has at least a copy of the Player’s Handbook and Dungeon Master’s Guide can apply for the game. Ultimately, six random applicants who have completed the entire application process will be chosen for the game. For more information, see the “How Do You Apply?” section.

How Do You Apply?Getting started is easy. Simply post interest in this thread, and I’ll post a private thread where you’ll begin the application process. More details about your character and how they are expected to be built will be in a house rules thread in the forum.

After you answer most of the questions in the preliminary questionnaire I’ll give you, come up with a character concept and I’ll let you know whether that’s an okay setup for a character or not. Once you’ve been okayed for a concept, the time for character background and such will be upon you. Feel free to develop both background and mechanics at the same time.

The next step will be myself proof-reading your character sheet and background to make sure everything works nicely. The last two steps of applying are similar: First, you’ll run through, with me as your GM, a short prologue in which we explore a certain event of your character’s history. You’ll get to choose what event it is. Lastly, after all of that, you’ll be accepted to the game and proceed to group integration, which will be a short role-playing segment where everyone gets to know everyone else.

For a single character, the process should take no more than two or three weeks for an active person. It may seem daunting, but I want the best for this game.

Anything Else?A couple of things, actually. Firstly, a posting rate of at least once every other day is mandatory, even if it's just to say "I'm still here." I will be expecting myself to stick to this as well. You may post more than that, or if something comes up, less. Player vs. player conflict will be handled on a case-by-case basis but is generally frowned upon. Having to get a mod will not be pretty. The game is somewhat freeform in that the player decisions throughout the campaign will have consequences, but ultimately the player characters are trying to do some good and reunite Galdae. As with all of my games, romance subplots are not allowed except with NPCs that you will be expected to roleplay yourself. These NPCs must also not be in the party in any way, shape, or form.

Game Description:

One Queen, Triumphant is a Dungeons and Dragons edition 3.5 play-by-post game. The game is set in a homebrew world created by yours truly, ShamedShadow. The world is still under development, so adding to the setting and especially asking questions about it is very much encouraged. The game is set in the western area of a continent known as Eldai, where once a large empire known as Galdae ruled. Within the last 30 years or so, however, Galdae’s king was blessed with three children. These three children all competed for the throne, and in the process sundered Galdae into three countries, now collectively called the Galds. The player characters of the game are recruited by one of the siblings, Queen Theril of East Gald, to aid her in a plan to reunite Galdae under her banner.

Last edited by Nathan; Apr 4 '11 at 5:47pm..
Alright Vile, your thread is up.

Oh... I would like to play with you again, but my computer access has been spotty lately, so I'll just wish you good luck and good fun with this.

Alright, threads are up.

EDIT: Thanks for the good luck, Satori.

I may be interested, 2 things though.
1. What level are we starting at?
2. Will you usually post more then once a day?...I have lots of free time and get bored in games where I have to wait a day or 2 just to have something to post next. (which is probably why people on here join 10+ games at a time.)

(The next game I DM will have a mandatory more then once a day posting requirement. I realize this may turn a few away but too bad X]) Your comment about taking no more then 5 weeks shocked me. Is that just to create a character? It only takes like an hour to create the character sheet itself, factoring in changes etc. Possibly one week at the most if the DM or host of the game must reply to questions and are not online all the time. But if it literally takes from now till 5 weeks for the game to begin I'm sorry, I'm a patient person but not that patient.

I would direct you to this thread in the forum to answer your first question.

As for posting multiple times per day, that is entirely dependent on the players and how quickly they post. The once every other day is a minimum to ensure that we don't go a week or more without doing anything.

As for the five weeks, that is an absolute maximum. You'll notice I changed it to two or three weeks for the entire process I want players to go through. In a nutshell, here is the process:

1. Preliminary questionnaire.
2. Character concept development
3. GM review
4. Personal prologue (taking no more than a few days.)
5. Acceptance and moving to party integration.

It may take less than two or three weeks, depending on the speed that the process is completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayrz View Post
Is that just to create a character? It only takes like an hour to create the character sheet itself, factoring in changes etc.
Seriously? I've never made a character in less than 4 hours, and I usually take twice that.