Notices

OOC (Out of Character)

Yes, you can post even if your character is not entirely finished. The prelude is going to be all RP.

I'm going to give everyone a chance to introduce and meet each other. Then I'll move it forward.

OK, one more thing. If there is anyone who does not want to be a noble (potentially), please let me know. It will make it easier on me to know ahead of time.

I definitely want to be a noble, but I have a few more background questions. Where exactly are our baronies located? Would some of us be much closer to the Horde than others? (I'd like mine to be if possible). Also, how much war has been happening up to this point? Have things been peaceful or do baronies fight with each other or are there bandits, other kingdoms, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughtheHand View Post
I definitely want to be a noble, but I have a few more background questions. Where exactly are our baronies located? Would some of us be much closer to the Horde than others? (I'd like mine to be if possible). Also, how much war has been happening up to this point? Have things been peaceful or do baronies fight with each other or are there bandits, other kingdoms, etc...
Let's see.
You don't know for sure where the baronies would be located, but it is believed to be at the far end of the empire.
The war has yet to hit the border. The horde was stalled, momentarily, inside the kingdom to the north.
Baronies generally engage in political warfare, not open warfare. His Majesty (a paladin) doesn't like open warfare between the baronies.
Bandits, it's medieval setting - there are always bandits.

I suspect we all are Not seen anyone looking like they're angling for an assistants post on purpose.

Though 'noble' is probably an inacurate term. I would expect the assistants to gain at least a knighthood and ultimately higher titles if their Baron gets a higher title too, just not actually to rule an area of land. Though I suppose a highly successful Baron could grant their loyal advisor a smaller estate of their own eventually.

That's probably fairly accurate. Or, if something happens in the war and there is a barony that opens up because it's Lord dies, that might be potential too. All sorts of possibilities.

Sorry, busy weekend. I'll be posting either later tonight or first thing Monday morning. Loving the posting and potential rivalries building already.

I am going to France tommorrow and will be away until the weekend. I may or may not have any computer access in the hotel. Its a moderately expensive one so its possible. If not, Ill see you saturday