Notices

Rule Questions

Rule Questions

This is a place to ask questions. Please make it one question per line and you can ask multiple questions at a time. It just makes it easier to quote and answer if questions are one line per.

Hi GM.

I notice a lot of your new feats modify the leadership feat. In pathfinder that feat is not acquirable till level 7. Are you doing that differently or is this all for the future?

Also I notice one of the Feats allows 2 economy checks to improve the realms economy (sadly I will not have a wisdom of 13 so won't qualify) is that check made with the Knowledge: Economics skill? Or will that skill in some way modify the roll? (Being a bard I am good at knowledge skills hence the question).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurore View Post
Hi GM.

I notice a lot of your new feats modify the leadership feat. In pathfinder that feat is not acquirable till level 7. Are you doing that differently or is this all for the future?

Also I notice one of the Feats allows 2 economy checks to improve the realms economy (sadly I will not have a wisdom of 13 so won't qualify) is that check made with the Knowledge: Economics skill? Or will that skill in some way modify the roll? (Being a bard I am good at knowledge skills hence the question).
Hello.

The feats modify the Leadership feat and I know it is not available till level 7. It is definitely for the future.

If you have the Knowledge Economics skill, I'll allow that to be used instead of the other roll, so yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerakis View Post
How would like to handle the assignment of spells for my Sorcerer?
I'll let you pick.

Is there a skill relevant to millitary strategy and/or tactics such as Knowledge: Strategy? Just to know in case I need to choose it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurore View Post
Is there a skill relevant to millitary strategy and/or tactics such as Knowledge: Strategy? Just to know in case I need to choose it
I'd go with Knowledge: Strategy

Power Level

Just to give everyone an idea of how I'm starting off with rough power levels.

King and a few ministers - around level 15.
Ministers and Royal Family - around level 10
Minor nobles - around level 5.

There are obvious exceptions, but those should be obvious.

Also, most of the major nobles who died stopping the horde were between the 10 to 15 level range, though one was decidedly higher.

Miscellaneous Questions

Quote:
I'm assuming that the players start out by deciding on their starting hex, and then must expand out from that hex at the usual speed and BP costs? Basically, they don't get any 'free' hexes added on, even if they've explored and subdued them, right?
Correct. No free hexes. First you have to spend the time to explore the hex, and then you have to claim the hex; two steps.

Quote:
I'm selling a magic item and it appears as both a minor and medium item, what do I list it as?
An item that appears on both lists should always default to the lesser. So a +1 sword would count as a minor magic item.

Quote:
What if I want to hire adventurer's to take care of a problem like...
Hiring Adventurers: By hiring adventurers, the PCs can effectively purchase one time bonuses to any Economy, Loyalty, or Stability checks made as a result of a kingdom event. A group of low-level adventurers (level 12) grants a +2 bonus on the check but costs 4 BP. A group of mid-level adventurers (level 35) grants a +5 bonus on the check but costs 8 BP. A group of high-level adventurers (level 6 or higher, but never higher than the PCs Average Party Level) grants a +10 bonus on the check but costs 16 BP.

Quote:
Can I be in more than one role in the Kingdom?
I'll probably allow it but impose cumulative penalties. We'll see how many people we get playing...

What rules are these?

Ah np found the bit where you said they were AEG Empire, and I assume AEG War. will track down a copy