Notices

Glimnab Dinoaen Vareskor Fastdrinker Van O'Harley

ok: I guess I'll buy a few pairs of trick dice (iron, copper, wood and bone). I'll want the Iron and Copper ones (Craft: metalworking) to be considered "Superior," by the APG, so they'll cost about 50g; I don't care so much about the other ones, so the Wood and Bone dice should be considered "Average" by the APG, so they'll cost about 10g. I think that the difference in quality makes them harder to spot with an Appraise or Perception check, but the book only gives a rough guideline...

And my Craft (weapons) would be 5 + 3 (PF bonus) + 4 (Int) = 12.

the difference in quality does affect the DC to notice them
you need to pick what number the dice are loaded to. From what I know of dice games (admittedly, not much) you probably want one loaded to every number... Winning too often is a sure-fire way to get caught, dice loaded to "bad" numbers ensure you win and lose when you want to.

swordcane: average price: 20gp

Why don't you invent a commonly-played dice game, something that would be as prevalent as poker? Or why don't we play Threes? http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dice-play/Games/Threes.htm
I'll craft sets of up to five dice weighted to 3, and sleight-of-hand any number of them into a game, depending on how lucky I feel like being. One full set of Iron dice, Superior quality, and three wood dice, average quality.
Actually, would making Iron and Copper dice count under the same Craft skill? They're both metals ... I don't really know how it would work.

3's sounds interesting, and pretty quick...

lets see:
Dice Roll: 5d6
d6 Results: 3, 4, 2, 2, 5 (Total = 16)
These dice were omitted, altered, or moved: 3d6
Original Dice: 3d6
5d6
keep 3
Dice Roll: 4d6
d6 Results: 1, 1, 4, 6 (Total = 12)
4d6
keep 1
Dice Roll: 3d6
d6 Results: 2, 3, 6 (Total = 11)
3d6
keep 3
Dice Roll: 2d6
d6 Results: 2, 5 (Total = 7)
2d6
keep 2
Dice Roll: 1d6
d6 Results: 5
1d6

total: 0 + 1 + 0 + 2 + 5 = 8

hmm... a pretty quick game...

I'd weight some dice to 5's and 6's too...

it's always a good idea to lose horribly once in a while...

that sounds like a good idea - but what about the prices? How much would it cost to make these dice, and would Iron and Copper dice be the same skill (metalworking, maybe)?

metalworking for iron and copper dice
cost to make them depends on who you buy the metal from: see my economics thread...
any dice you start with, you must buy at full price.