Notices

Munchkin: The Game That Wouldn't Die!

Old Apr 13 '11, 9:42pm
Wyrm

Munchkin: The Game That Wouldn't Die!

Munchkin - Forum
Miscellaneous
Estimated Members Requested: 1

They said it couldn't be done, the nay-sayers neighed, but we've run two rounds of our PBP version of Steve Jackson Games' Munchkin and are eager to start our third, this time using the Munchkin Cthulhu deck and Call of Cowthulhu and Unspeakable Vault expansions.

One of our players has had to take a hiatus so we're looking to recruit one or two more Munchkins for the fray. Stop by, take a look at our old games to get a feel for what we're doing and, if you're interested (I've seen some of you peeking, now's your chance!) drop a line here.

Game Description:

Go down in the dungeon. Kill everything you meet. Backstab your friends and steal their stuff. Grab the treasure and run.

Admit it. You love it.

Munchkin captures the dungeon experience... with none of that stupid role-playing stuff. All you have to do is kill monsters and grab magic items. Don the Horny Helmet and the Boots of Butt-Kicking. Wield the Staff of Napalm... or maybe the Chainsaw of Bloody Dismemberment. Start by slaughtering the Potted Plant and the Drooling Slime and work your way up to the Plutonium Dragon!

This will be an adaptation of Steve Jackson Games' card game Munchkin to play-by-post.

Last edited by Chevalier; Apr 14 '11 at 9:03pm..
I'd be interested. There's been a few munchkin books centered around real tabletop, but mostly they're just tips and satire rather then actual stuff you could possibly get away with. Thief is actually a nerfed rogue, warrior is only a better fighter if you take advantage of the vagueness of his bonus feats, and cleric is just spontaneous variant of unearthed arcana. Monte Cook did munchkin way better with his pathfinder series... lol!

But this is Call of The Cthulhu. Not sure how munchkin it'd be less we were all more like Ash from Evil Dead and Ghostbusters instead of Rorschach and X-Files. XP But I'm in. I've never played the card game(s) before, are they simple enough to understand?

I've played the card game once but I assume we don't need to actually own the card game or the cards to play right?

Corporate Ministry: The card game isn't too difficult you can find the Cthulhu specific rules here and you can look over the old games to get an idea how it goes.

Kelgate: Nope, you don't need the cards or game to play, I'll be providing virtual cards. Looking over the rules (found online, see above) wouldn't hurt though.

I'll be looking over the rules again, been a small time since I played Munchkins but I absolutely loved it. It wasn't Call of the Cthulhu though but I would be up to playing.