Notices

The World's Largest Conversation

Okay guys, quick dilemma: should I get an everburning torch or a health potion? I only have enough money for one.

If you don't have a single health potion so far, get one. Otherwise, an everburning torch isn't a bad idea for one character to carry. Still, we can most likely get around with ordinary torches as they cost only a silver or something like that.

Should I buy residuum for rituals here or is that something we'll be able to find in the dungeon?

Do you have the 'disenchant' ritual? If you do, we'll probably get residuum. If not, I'd place it on my wishlist and cross my fingers. Perhaps we'll run across someone whose ritual book we can "borrow".

Yeah, when starting, if you have rituals, I would recommend getting residumm. Even if you have the disenchant ritual, that is dependent on one finding magic items in the first place, and the party's willingness to have the items sacrificed for the residuum.

While in this group I think we could do the latter in sacrificing miscellaneous items found (and that's saying something about my trust in this group's harmony, with many players falling back on greed in my experience,) but the former issue of actually finding said magic items is too big a risk.
Remember, we're in a maze, so magic items might be quite differently controlled than an actual outdoor or "more common" dungeon. (Oh, and for the record, wizard is my favorite class, so I do have experience in rituals and residuum. )

If you've got the cash an everburning or two is a good idea. We'll be in here a long time. We'll run out of the normal stuff eventually.

I also bought 2 healing potions which I have little doubt will likely be used on someone other than myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastc View Post
If you've got the cash an everburning or two is a good idea. We'll be in here a long time. We'll run out of the normal stuff eventually.

I also bought 2 healing potions which I have little doubt will likely be used on someone other than myself.
I only had 20 gold so everburning was out.

Oh Flea, and I did edit in my RPGA card selection in my last private forum post.