1. Is it possible to select the "random character theme" or "random wild talent" more than once? I don't expect it to, but it's not crystal clear.
2. Are we starting at level 1 after character creation? I assume yes.
3. Since we can buy stuff with the remaining gold, is it okay to wait until after we've gotten the random character before buying?
4. Is there any limitations what we can or can't buy? Or are there any limitations in the rules -- which I must've missed -- which limits how powerful magic items a level 1 character can use?
I'd like to try the Swirling Mists of Chaos, with a random Character Theme and Wild Talent. If possible, I wouldn't mind buying them multiple times. Do I just wait for you to send me a character, then?
2) Yes, level 1.
3) you should wait, yes. All items will be bought after character creation is complete.
4) Normally you can only buy something 1 level higher than you are without DM consent. You can outfit yourself with whatever you can afford, be it a bunch of items your level, or just one expensive item.
Ayeba, Go ahead and start a 4e character sheet, and then link it to the game, that way I can fill in the blanks once things are worked out. You'll all be starting the game in your regular form.
Also, I am going to make an addendum to the Character Creation rules. I WANT everyone to pick a background relevant to your starting persona... that way you keep a little something as part of your rebuilt character. So find a background that could apply to your circumstances before you entered the dungeon or some other aspect of your characters life (or a background relevant to the transformation process if you like).
Gotta run out and do some errands real quick, but I'll get those personal pages fixed up soon.