Recruiting for Legends of the Gods

Legends of the Gods - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 7

Looking for 2 more people.

Slots open:
LG: Jackal1259/ Daylan (Locked)
NG: Barmy Berk/ Bonisagus (Locked)
CG: King of the Jakers/ Rurik (Locked) - Requiem_Jeer/ Soluesk (Locked)

LN: Bushwacked/ Nikaya (Locked)
CN: Jreece/ Oren (Locked) - DarkLadyOfTheSith/Arimal (Locked)
NN(TN): MAdgryphon/ Sariog (Locked) - Alicorn/ Cerise (Locked)

LE: Titanmonk/Silverthorn2009 (Locked)
NE: Beyond the Pale/Uulhamek'Moctou (Locked)
CE: Miss/Tryss'vlyn (Locked)

Locked and loaded. Moved to Game Forum threads.

Game Description:

Last edited by silverthorn2009; May 5 '11 at 6:47pm..
I might be interested. I have a question though, what is your tolerance for power gamers going to be? This game is going to be a big draw for anybody who wants to put their uber mage through the paces in the pretext of what could be a very interesting game. I do little in the way of power gaming as I have little talent for it. I guess the actual question is going to be are you going to look more at mechanics or character fluff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jakers View Post
I might be interested. I have a question though, what is your tolerance for power gamers going to be? This game is going to be a big draw for anybody who wants to put their uber mage through the paces in the pretext of what could be a very interesting game. I do little in the way of power gaming as I have little talent for it. I guess the actual question is going to be are you going to look more at mechanics or character fluff?
I have had issues with this type of situation in this game already, when i tried it in the past in RL. I'll say now what I said then:

* Make your characters the best that you can.
* Run them by me.
* If I think they are too OP, we'll work on it one on one.
* If you manage to get something realm breaking/game breaking that I missed initially, then we will do one of tthree things:
1. We will fix it in game, by means of causing sacrifice, great need by another, or something along those lines. OR
2. Just nixing it all together. OR
3. I will reward you for being more creative than me, and paying attention to the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matttherogue View Post
Just to clarify....You're a character in the game you're DM'ing yes?
Edit: And yes, I am, but I won't be coming in till later, after the initial, "Get to know my character" arena style stuff at the very beginning.

Posting interest, preferably to claim the TN or secondary CN role. Details to come as they are decided.

Alright that answers that one. Do you want any fluff or just sheets for the time being? So we have 40 points to spend on a point by point basis?

Also I'm leaning towards the NG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jakers View Post
Alright that answers that one. Do you want any fluff or just sheets for the time being? So we have 40 points to spend on a point by point basis?

Also I'm leaning towards the NG.

Fluff would be nice, if only a semi detailed backstory. Sheets are just fine for now though. And yes, a point for point basis. After racial, and template. Dont forget that you also have the 10 for being level 40. Thats not included in the initial 40.

... Game looks interesting... and what if you can't make a lvl 40 character that is good enough? Will you help one buff up said character? I mean, the highest lvl character I ever tried to make was 20. And the DM of that game edited my sheet hardcore. lol.

I have a few ideas in mind, but the one I'm leaning the most towards is as follows.

AMBROSIUS
The White Knight, The Righteous Defender, Heaven's Sentinel, The Untouchable, The Immovable Object

Potential Profile

Alignment: Lawful Good
Favored Weapon: Bastard Sword
Portfolio: Battle, Courage, Fortification, Liberation, Light, Protection, Valor, Wards
Domains: Courage,
GUARDIAN DOMAIN

Granted Power (Ex): You gain the uncanny doge ability. If you have another class that gives you uncanny dodge, your cleric levels add to that class's level for determining when you gain the improved uncanny dodge class feature (PHB 26).

Guardian Domain Spells
1st: Alarm: Wards an area for 2 hours/level.
2nd: Skull Watch: Skull shrieks when creature enters warded area.
3rd: Glyph of Warding: Inscription harms those who pass it.
4th: Zone of Revelation: Makes invisible and ethereal creatures visible.
5th: Glyph of Warding, Greater: As glyph of warding but up to 10d8 damage or 6th level spell.
6th: Guards and Wards: Array of magic effects protect area.
7th: Sequester: Subject is invisible to sight and scrying; renders creature comatose.
8th: Dimensional Lock: Teleportion and interplaner travel blocked for one day/level.
9th: Antipathy: Object or location affected by spell repels certain creatures.
Guardian, Protection
Followers: Paladins, Crusaders, Knights, Guards, Shieldbearers, Marshals, Hospitalers, Abjurers, Nobility, Lawmakers, Battlefield Commanders
Symbol: Four-pointed star of purest gold on a field of white or silver

Personal Beliefs
  • Self-sacrifice, preserverence, and valor in the name of the greater good.
  • The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • Protect that which is worth protecting, but never with closed eyes.
  • Law and order is necessary to protect the greater good; it not an excuse for tyranny or oppression, but neither is freedom synonymous with anarchy.
  • Show respect to your greaters, show courtesy to your lessers.
  • Enjoy what the gods have graced metahumanity with so that you never forget what it is you are defending; pleasure, happiness and joy are not sins -- they are gifts to be treasured.
  • Treat all of creation as a gift unless it threatens the harmony and sanctity of others; there is such thing as necessary evil, but it should never be allowed to reign unchecked.
  • Always strive to create a just society where beings of all races and creeds can live in comfort and prosperity.
  • Respect, kindness, humility, and understanding are the greatest of virtues.
  • Tyranny, greed, selfishness, and closed-mindedness are the greatest of sins.

Godly Realm

I have several ideas in mind, but the most dominant is a magnificent keep with adamantine walls and mithril towers spiraling into the heavens. A moat of golden light (actually a portal to the Positive Material Plane) surrounds the keep. The drawbridge is always open, but only those of good alignment or who are genuinely in need of shelter, security, or aid find the courage to cross it. While the keep itself is situated amidst the highest mountain of the land, the sky within the realm is always bright and sunny and the air is always warm and soothing.

It clearly needs some work, including something to make it a bit more interesting than it reads, but I have plenty of time to work on that. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them though.

Character Build

I'm still toying around with my options, but it's very likely that Ambrosius will be a Paladin, Fighter, and/or Crusader. Definitely a sword-and-board melee type. I'm also leaning towards a Human as his race, but I have a few other ideas in mind as well. He will definitely be heavily armored and will bear a bastard sword and shield as his primary weapons. His colors will be white, gold, and silver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinity View Post
... Game looks interesting... and what if you can't make a lvl 40 character that is good enough? Will you help one buff up said character? I mean, the highest lvl character I ever tried to make was 20. And the DM of that game edited my sheet hardcore. lol.
Sure. I will help everyone who asks for it.

Note: Going to work more on this tomorrow. For those that have payed attention over the past few days, you know i'm a landscaper, and I have another full day starting at 6 in the am. So I will continue this when i can. Later for tonight peoples!