Highlander: The Gathering

Old May 2 '11, 11:55pm
World War Z Survivor

Highlander: The Gathering

Highlander: The Gathering - Forum
World of Darkness
Ad Closes: May 27 '11
Estimated Members Requested: 6

This game will be based in the NWoD game system and I'll be accepting a maximum of six characters. I will be accepting characters roughly somewhere towards the end of the month so no rush to get the Apps done.

Please submit Apps in the game forum and leave this thread for questions.

Game Description:

Setting: Today is Friday, the date is December 14th, 2012. In exactly a week the Mayan's predict the world will end. For an Immortal this concept is laughable, you can not die except by losing your head, literally. Still with the rapidly approaching deadline many are preparing for the end of times or a spiritual transformation as they begin a new era.

Around midnight , eastern standard time, you each feel what can best be described a lump of coal solidify in your gut and the weight of the world settle onto your shoulders. The Gathering has commenced, only a few Immortals remain, you don't know how many or their location but you know they are all in New York City save one.

There is a Dishonorable Immortal that has surfaced various times over history. His current whereabouts are unknown but it is highly suspected that he has survived over the ages. This Immortal has no known name, he simply goes by the nickname The Viking as during the brief times he has been encountered he spoke with a nordic accent.

---

First off a warning that this game won't be exclusively PvP but everyone is in pursuit of The Prize or trying to avoid being killed by those in pursuit of it. This entails some if not nearly all of the characters dying, however players aren't forced to kill each other. How The Game ends is up to the players.

Maximum Players: Six

The system will be a NWoD fan made supplement for Immortals. The free pdf can be found at this site Mr. Gone's Site. Look under fan books and go to the NWoD Supplements then go to Immortal.

Who I am: I've been GM/ST/DMing for the past several years on various chats and I just don't have that kind of time anymore to dedicate to a chat so I've moved to Play by Post as my primary location of enjoying my hobby. My preferred game systems are Star Wars Saga Edition and World of Darkness(old and new).

Posting Requirements: Twice a week minimum. I don't demand a post every day but several times a week is expected unless RL or emergencies interference occurs. Please communicate with me if you have the time so I know what is going on.

Books: You shouldn't need more than the WoD book and the supplement. If you seek anything out of any other book please ask me about it as this is my first game where I'm the ST with this system.

Last edited by Burne; May 3 '11 at 12:00am..
I didn't want to use that when I've already got this available.

I don't think the immortals book would add much to this game anyway. He is doing something very specific.

Okay, I'm assuming we can't actually play a MacLeod, but is any continuity from the show, the first and ONLY movie, or the anime (not the cartoon, the anime) being put to use here? Like, for example, are the Watchers observing the Game, or are any canonical 'players' present or have been present? Like Ramirez, for example?

You can play any of the Codes in the book and you can play a highlander too if you want(though its a silly in my opinion).

I'm not planning to use any of the characters from any of the movies no. However could Ramirez have existed? Sure, he'd just be dead by now.

I don't plan to use or involve the Watchers no. Could those plans change? Sure they could but they are unlikely to.

Not at all but please let me know which books you get them out of, also the two fighting styles in immortal supplement that can be used as well.

Totally interested. I'll work on it over the next couple of days. Would you be opposed to another Viking?