Notices

Discussion and Announcements

BlackPhoenix brings up a good point regarding shared backstories. I do want most of the characters to begin the game independent of each other, but some characters I specifically chose because of the potential for shared backstories.

Kiko and Jaina seem like a good fit. At the very least, I would have them start on a shared mission; at most, they could even be childhood friends. kladams707? Ham Solo? Thoughts?

That leaves one of the remaining three organics with the chance to pick up a free droid. I can tell you already he has a killer Use Computer modifier.

R2-V8 with:

Note to anyone with the Pilot skill: R2-V8 makes an excellent co-pilot.

In other news, I've updated the posting guidelines, including a section on ditzie, the combat map site we will be using. Credit goes to freeclint for introducing it to me. If you want to practice, I've started a demo link here. Change whatever, then just press enter and repost the new URL!

Sorry, I was out most of the day.

I'll get the skeleton thread set up for my character (it's midnight here and I'll include a link to the partial character sheet but I'm going to hit the sack.). I'll try and get as much done tomorrow, but I do have plans in the afternoon. As for a shared background/mission, I don't mind one bit.

What a group we have here, having a look over...

Kyitov'erool (Kyito will do) recently arrived on the planet via a shipping vessel; R2-V8 could have come from the ship, perhaps following Kyito for some reason or another. (Perhaps Kyitov'erool's natural charm and good looks caused R2-V8 to fall in love with him! ...maybe not.) Otherwise I'm not sure he'd own or claim legal ownership of a droid.

To the point: Hello all, congrats to everyone selected out of a ton of awesome submissions. Kyitov'erool is a charismatic Twi'lek con-man, though he's not necessarily looking for money or valuables, but more of excitement in a new role and the thrill of seeing how far he can take his deceptions. His lying lies somewhere between 'compulsive' and 'instinctual'. Nevertheless, he's proud and doesn't take slights against his possibly-good-name lightly.

In short, I have a personality in mind, but Fates alive, I have no idea what this character is ever going to do.

I have the basics done, and I mutilated a fine piece of art for his image. I'll spend his credits and write up other stuff tomorrow afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeblebrox View Post
BlackPhoenix brings up a good point regarding shared backstories. I do want most of the characters to begin the game independent of each other, but some characters I specifically chose because of the potential for shared backstories.

Kiko and Jaina seem like a good fit. At the very least, I would have them start on a shared mission; at most, they could even be childhood friends. kladams707? Ham Solo? Thoughts?

That leaves one of the remaining three organics with the chance to pick up a free droid. I can tell you already he has a killer Use Computer modifier.
I'd be good good starting with an intertwined backstory. Doesn' matter with whom.

Quick question on force fluff and mechanics interaction. Would using the 'Force Perception' talent be considered something innate, as if it were an instinct with the force guiding the person, or is it a more active ability, w/ the person actually manipulating the force?

I'd say it depends. You can describe it as a "tingling feeling" that your character just gets without asking for, or you can describe it more as a "search your feelings" type of deal. I see how this important, but I'll give you the choice as to how you want to represent it. So the answer is "both".

Although having R2-V8 hanging around with me would be beneficial, I cannot think of a reason he an Fenn would be together. Sorrys