Old May 10 '11, 3:01pm
The lurker

Nobody gets out alive

Nobody Gets Out Alive - Forum
D20 Modern
Estimated Members Requested: 5

A d20 modern survival game

DM
That shall be me, darkhugh. There should be no need for a co-dm within this game.
Game Description
The game will be based within a fictional city in the south of England, located on the coast. The game will begin with a group of people awaking within a hospital, all of these characters were within a comma like state for an unknown period of time.

The majority of you would have been involved in a road accident, involving a bus and a lorry. Resulting in the hospitalised state you awake from, once awake the game will become focused on survival. Along with learning what has happened since you have been ‘asleep.’

You were out for an unknown period time, and upon awaking you find the city of Plytouth in ruins, dead bodies decorating the streets. Along with moaning corpses that wander aimlessly.

Game Set Up
This game will be split into three major parts, the first part will be within the city and will be mostly sandbox allowing you to move around the city as you see fit. Perhaps coming across other survivors. With time the city will become too dangerous and you will most likely be forced to leave, moving to the out skirts of the city where you will need to survive against nature and the undead.

The third section will remain a secret, but will involve large scale travel and will be less sandbox as the last two sections.

In this game the sanity varient will also be used, if it is your first time do not worry. It is not difficult to grasp and most of the work is on the DM!
Character Creation
For character creation you may use 36 point buy or roll 6m4d6^3. If you select the roll you must keep it, the only exception being if you net modifier is less than two.

You will all be level 1.

A total of five characters will be accepted.

The following should be used for the basis of an application, though feel free to use your own as long as the basic data is still present.

Name: Your full name.
Description: Describe your character, feel free to use a picture but please use words also.
Personality: How your character acts, make sure you tell me how they act under stress and around strangers.
History/hooks: Your history need not be long, but I would like a number of hooks or goals that may drive your character in this apocalypse.

Your character sheet need not be made until you are accepted. When making your sheet and character, keep in mind that you will awake within a hospital without any of your gear. You can list gear you have stored at your house/flat etc, and if you make it there you can collect it in game. In the game wealth is not used, so do not roll for it, instead trade units (TU) will be used. Located within the apocalypse book, though if you do not have it do not worry, I can explain TU.

A character will have 4d10x2 worth of TU, though these will not be on person (bar things like wallets, watches etc).

Character Rooster
These are all of the current characters that have been brought to my attention, though they may not be finished.
  • Vrywolf - Phillip Jacob Marlowe.
  • partingshot - Andrew Byron Creste.
  • Corvax - Randolf Flynn Lomax.
  • Hisage - Alexander Rains.
  • Corporate military - William.
  • Jestergypsy - Benjamin Charlotten.
  • Purity_riot - Delilah Carter.
  • Kaeso - Edward Zacharia "E.Z." Jones.
  • Braknurr - Enio 'Eddy' Spimozo.
  • AegisShade - Sniper Jesus.
  • Rogue Rogue - Constable Melissa Lawla.
  • felix1459 - Jason Michael Bryce.
Questions
Any questions feel free to ask me them here.

Last edited by darkhugh; May 18 '11 at 5:42pm..
Are there any books you're disallowing, or should I ask about specific material?

I'm interested. I'll have to toss a couple character ideas around in my brain but I'll get something up soon. I just want to read up on the Sanity variant. Seems like it might make for interesting events if someone has a complete psychological breakdown, haha.

Reminds me of 28 Days Later somewhat, I loved that film =] I'm thinking I might try a Freerunner who'd gotten onto the bus to go home after a days training at a local gym and then BANG the bus gets hit and he's out for the count. Wakes up and his first thoughts are "what the hell has happened to my parents!?"

Damn you Oathsworn! I had an extremely similar idea! Perhaps we could do connected backgrounds?

I shall be applying as:
Randolf Flynn LomaxName: Randolf Flynn Lomax
Description:

Personality:
History:
*-* Work in Progress *-*

I hope this will be a good game, but I shall not apply afterall. Good luck to all who apply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purity_Riot View Post
Damn you Oathsworn! I had an extremely similar idea! Perhaps we could do connected backgrounds?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purity_Riot View Post
I wanted to play a Freerunner girl.
Training with/against one another? Yeah pushing against yourself is all well and good but sometimes seeing someone else trying to beat you makes you want to beat them and the next thing you know... you're both getting better! I'm all for a connected background =]

Dear Mr. GM Sir, any chance of a rolling thread? I'm going to be foolhardy and try my luck... =]

Yay connected backgrounds! I think Training 'against' each other.

Ah, another Darkhugh game.
Hm, I'm thinking the Lorry driver, popping pills to take more hours to pay off massive debt, causes the accident.