1. Particularly outstanding Roleplay, as adjudicated by the DM, will earn your character extra XP.
- Please roll init and state your first action in your first post of any combat situation.
- You do not need to post in initiative order in the following posts.
- I will post the conclusion of every round and its outcomes after everyone has posted their actions.
- If you take an action that turns out to be futile, I will make an OOC comment and let you alter it before the next round of combat begins so please stay tuned.
- Combat can be the slowest part of a game. I don't want it to bog us down. If you do not post for 2 days (4 over weekends) during a combat situation, I will NPC your character for that round. essentially, they will be considered to have "Delayed" as per the PH. You may resume control of your PC at any point but you may not edit backwards.
- If you have informed me of your absence before hand, we will discuss your preference at that time. I will NPC for you or your character will not participate in any combat situation that comes up while you are gone.
3. If you wish to make a Spot, Listen and/or Sense Motive check, let me know and inform me of all adjustments you have. I will make the roll for you. From time to time, I will make such rolls for you without your knowledge and inform you of positive or negative outcomes privately (I will not tell you of course which of the two outcomes I rolled).
4. Thought in italics, different languages in a different color.
5. Skill Checks - Critical Success and Failure: Regardless of ranks in a given skill, a natural roll of 1 on a skill check results in a -10 penalty to the check and a natural roll of 20 on a skill check results in an additional +10 bonus to the check result.
A character may still Take 10 and/or Take 20 as per the rules in the PH, however, Take 20 does not grant the bonus of a natural rolled 20.
6. Identifying a poison requires either a Heal, Craft (Poisonmaking) or Craft (Alchemy) check with a DC identical to the DC required to craft the poison. A character trying to identify a poison has a 5% chance of poisoning themselves in the act.
7. For the purposes of this game: 1000 coins (any denomination) = 20 lbs. = 1 sq. ft. of volume/space
More to come as the game develops...