Cave Delvers- Old School DnD

Old Jun 1 '11, 10:59am
It's over 9000!!!

Cave Delvers- Old School DnD

The Old Way - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e - Eberron
Estimated Members Requested: 4

You retired. Years and years and years had passed and finally you retired. Dragons had been slain, maidens rescued and bedded, treasure hoarded, spent and lost. Old age had finally caught up with you though, so you laid down your sword, took up your blanket and were content spending the rest of the days in your rocking chair, talking about The Old Way with your group "The Cave Delvers".

But Fate has a funny way of ruining plans.

Maressis, goddess of Time, appeared to you one night in a dream. She spoke of an Age of Troubles about to befall man kind, that this age would bring demons and cataclysm. That the world would need it's heroes again.

Yes....Yes. The Old Way!

Maressis would grant you your youth and in return, you would grant her the boon of saving the world. It appears that it all begins at the entrance to a dark underground complex, a set of dank musty stairs leading down, light dimming within metres.

Game Description:

Please note that Eberron is being used as an indication of the state of technology and advancement. The game will not be set in Eberron, nor will there be any setting specific creatures or races except Changelings (Renamed as Dopplegangers).

This is a very core intrinsic game. I'm running this game for the purpose of going back to the roots. To pay homage to the great role players of old instead of the munchkins of new!

That being said-

Allowed Books:

Core (Not PHBII)
Magic of Incarnum
Tome of Magic
Eberron - For changeling only

Not Allowed:

Everything that doesn't include the above. Yes- this includes variants, unearthed arcana, dungeon and dragon magazine, homebrew and your grandfathers old teapot.

Also, the Big Five are out EXCEPT the druid which uses the shapeshifting variant. Please see mythweavers Wiki for what the Big 5 include instead of asking me.

Character Generating:

Should be done using the 34 Point Buy method (Google 34 point buy calculator if you don't know how to calculate)
Standard Wealth by Level (As in the DMG)
Level 3 traversing right through to Level 14. Wherein the game will hopefully end on a positive note, all players happy
Max health at each level

Post Rate:

Minimum of once every 2-3 days. So that this campaign can continue throughout the years I'm purposefully setting a slow minimum. However, the standards on accepting non-posting considering that slow minimum are now raised an exponential amount. If you do not post within the 3 days, we kick and find a replacement unless you've given prior notification. If the posting rate is continuosly notified to be slow, we kick and find a replacement.

Behaviour:

Should always be respectful of myself and other players.

Maturity:

Expected. 'Nuff said.

Applicants:

Do not need a sheet. I need a concept, I need flavour (enough so that I could put it in with my noodles and they would taste DAMN delicious). I don't want to hear your "Build", in fact if you so much as mention "Build" and you can "Build" yourself a half completed bridge and kindly take a walk. Safe to say you can't break the game with the above- your build is irrelevant.

What you do need is a massive backstory (which doesn't necessarily have to be about how you got to "Level 3".), you'll need a detailed appearance, a detailed interactive history of family and contacts, and no less than 5 plot hooks that I can throw at you in game.

Then cap it off with personality and all that personality entails.

Last edited by Nerd Rage; Jun 1 '11 at 11:00pm..
Just one question. Will it hurt my application if I include my sheet? It's just I'm a completionist as far as applications, and dislike submitting a character concept without a character sheet to show I'm ready to start in every way.

It won't hurt, I just have no interest at all in your sheet at the moment (So forgive me if I don't look when you make your application and just leave it til later).

Hunh. Banning the big five. It's nice to see a DM that knows enough to do that. There aren't enough of those on this forum.

Interest posted!
BAM!
nice smack-down in the advertising thread, you have my seal of approval.
Now proceeding to write massive back story for noodles

are you doing base core: DMG, PHB, MM...or are you including the MM's as in all 5 of them?

@Caspian: You should probably take that to The Entrance in the The Old Way's Forum.

As for me... I'm just too burnt out. Who knows? Maybe inspiration will strike.
Good luck in this glorious game!

Does Core include SRD that's not part of Unearthed Arcana (IE, Psionics or extra domains)? How about base classes that are available for free online? I guess you want an Incarnate or a Totemist?

I'm salivating at the chance to use Incarnum; it's one of my favorite books. Count me as interested.