To Die Fighting [Golarion]

Old Jun 20 '11, 4:57am
Great Wyrm

To Die Fighting [Golarion]

To Die Fighting - Forum
Pathfinder
Ad Closes: Jul 15 '11
Estimated Members Requested: 6

Applications are being accepted in this thread. I anticipate that applications will be open through the end of June, and perhaps into the first part of July. Please review the information provided in the applications thread and ask questions there as desired.

Game Description:

Someone once said that is was "better to die fighting for freedom than to live life in chains." This is the setting in a nutshell.

Introduction:

Laying in the middle of the sub-continent of Avistan, hundreds of miles north of the Inner Sea, is a land of primarily freedom-loving, generous people. The woodsmen, rangers, trappers, artisans, fishermen and townsfolk of this land established a fiercely independant nation, Nirmathas, by rebelling against the rule of its southern neighbor, the militaristic Molthune.

The campaign begins with characters with ties to this land, in particular to the large town of Kassen. These individuals now prepare to embark on their lives as adults, once they undergo a coming-of-age ritual.

Campaign basics:

This is a campaign beginning with first-level characters, set in the world of Golarion... initially in the nation of Nirmathas. The first adventure will be taken from a module, with subsequent campaign events to be created based on the composition of the group.

Blast, another Pathfinder game to get hooked on!

Not familiar with Nirmathas... I'll need to see what kinda info the ISWG has on it before I make any ideas.

Interested, but I'll have to get the ISWG book sometime today in order to work with the setting. Quick question though, especially since it's from Ultimate Magic and would probably fit into the 'extremely rare' niche you mentioned, would the Magus class be allowed? If not, there are a number of interesting fighter archetypes I'd like to try.

I'm considering a Cavalier (Order of the Shield) with the Fangwood Diplomat & Nirmathi Militia regional traits. He'd be all about wanting to grow up to help defend the people of Nirmathas, wanting to unite the people and end the squabbling between rival households and villages so that instead of simply surviving the constant Molthuni incursions they can push them back and force them to accept that they wont be able to take the land from them that has been theirs for generations. He might not be the guerilla warrior that has helped Nirmathas repel the Molthuni time and time again but he's a born leader, diplomatic, smart, ready to stand and defend the people around him. Would this be okay in your campaign or are you steering it a different way?

If I do this I'm going Ranger / Infiltrator Bowman or Feral Shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricpiper View Post
Quick question though, especially since it's from Ultimate Magic ... would the Magus class be allowed?
I have listed allowed sources in the character application thread. Ultimate Magic is not listed there, so no. I do list the SRD PRD, however, so if the class / feat / whatever that you want is detailed there, then I will be glad to consider it. You will have to let me know if it is. Hope this helps.

For what it's worth, the Magus, as well as all of the class archetypes from UM, are now up on the SRD, which is why I had asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oathsworn View Post
He might not be the guerilla warrior that has helped Nirmathas repel the Molthuni time and time again but he's a born leader, diplomatic, smart, ready to stand and defend the people around him. Would this be okay in your campaign or are you steering it a different way?
There are many possible directions that the campaign might go after the first adventure... but that certainly is one. I do not see that Nirmathas is capable of taking on Molthune on its own ground, however. Nirmathas has at best an augmented militia. It would take a very long time to train a large enough army to do what you suggest... even presuming you could find enough people to fill its ranks of their own free will (conscription is not an option).