Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Adventurer's best friends

Bag of holding + portable hole = world go kablooy xD

Actually, an idea that a friend of mine had: okay, so your opponent is charging you. You've got your trusty tower shield. What do you do? Pull a portable hole over it! And your opponent just runs into the hole and goes shoop. ^^

I'm sure that it doesn't go kablooey, I cant remember where I read it, but I read it somewhere.

Also, an adventurers best friend - a good, fair GM.

I can totally get with an efficient quiver;At 1800gp, I love those things. I had a PC that was a polearm user and the quiver with quick draw wasn't only effective, but comedy gold at times. Other things he'd carry in it:

Bow and a few score of arrows
10' pole (or 2)
crowbar
maul
spider poles (from Equipment Guide)
a couple javelins of lightning
rolled up maps in map tubes

I also am a fan of creative uses of continual flame, my favorite being on the end of a 3ft. piece of rope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Carnivore View Post
I also am a fan of creative uses of continual flame, my favorite being on the end of a 3ft. piece of rope.
Okay, I'm trying to figure out why this is more helpful than say, simply on the end of a stick... ???

spin it around for a cool effect, make a cool light feature, put it on a longer rope & use it to light a well/pit to see how deep it is.

Honestly, the one item I try to give every character is an Adamantine Dagger. It's the worlds greatest lockpick, and it's also just a handy backup weapon.

Though close behind it in my book is a Heward's Handy Haversack.

Cheers,
Save vs DM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzeentch View Post
Also, an adventurers best friend - a good, fair GM.
I want to add to your sentence.

An adventure's best friend - an evil, unfair GM.

Oh wait... I mean...

An adventure's best friend - an evil anarchically dangerously deep-minded, unfair rule-oriented but flexible for everyone's sake GM.

Well, a Tanglefoot's bag is always my best friend for escapes.
For spellcasting, I just found the ring of Arcane mastery. SO useful to have lots of MM!!

besides the Everburn torch, the Hand of Glory is the top item. Daylight, see invisibility AND one more ring to wear. How's that???

keep playing!

Hand of glory? Well, the downside is that you're wearing the mummified hand of a sentient being. In some games, the authorities would kinda frown on that, unless you could provide a fair amount of paperwork to prove you came by it lawfully.

Besides, the rules don't mention it, but mummification generally depends on the thing staying dehydrated. One good dunk, or a rainstorm at the wrong time, and that thing's going to start to rot.