Notices

Stargate: Twilight of the Red Star

Old Jun 28 '11, 6:04pm
Great Wyrm

Stargate: Twilight of the Red Star

Stargate: NWoD - Forum
World of Darkness
Estimated Members Requested: 3

This is a New World of Darkness game set within the Stargate Canon. The game will take place somewhere during the second season of the show, after the episode "A Matter of Time," in which SG-10 was killed in action. Players will assume the roles of the new SG-10, and are being sent out on their first mission. I am looking for 2 or (maximum) 3 players.

Image courtesy of ArcaneDesperado.

I've made several changes and additions to the game mechanics to suit the setting, but nothing major. Players will be able to play either Human Military, Human Civilian, or Jaffa characters. Human characters follow the Hunter template, and Jaffa will follow an adapted Alien template from nWoD: Infinite Macabre.

For more information on the changes, see the Stargate: nWoD Wiki. The major changes are weapons mods, new player options, and the Human and Jaffa templates. I also have a few house rules.

Applications will run until around July 16th, after which I'll make my selections. After I've chosen the players, they'll be brought to the "waiting room" in the SGC to have an in character prelude for a while, as I'll be away. The game will start when I return at the end of July.

Finally, newcomers to the system or the TV show are welcome--the wiki will have all the canon info you need and will be updated as needed, and the system is simple to learn! If you'd like some help or advice in creating a character, I'll be happy to set up a private thread for you in the forum--but note that having a private thread does not guarantee acceptance into the game.

Game Description:

In 1998, a team of explorers from Stargate Command--SG-1--traveled through the Stargate to the planet designated P3X-187 to explore a potential mining source of the rare element Naquadah. Shortly after arriving on the planet, they were bombarded with enemy fire and were forced to extract themselves--but not before hearing a planet-wide announcement, presumably being made from the air:

Attention, all planets of the Solar Federation. Attention, all planets of the Solar Federation. Attention, all planets of the Solar Federation. We have assumed control. We have assumed control. We have assumed control.

An invasion was underway, but the SG-1 was able to escape.

Now, almost one year later, Stargate Command recorded an Unscheduled Off-World Activation of the wormhole, and a radio message was relayed through it. A local named Jon relayed that the invasion had failed, but it had given his race hope. They've been kept as slaves for hundreds of years by a Goa'uld named Syrinx--and they want help from the SGC. In return, they will negotiate mining rights to the planet's naquadah ore.

It fits perfectly within two of the SGC's standing orders: to obtain alien technology to help protect Earth, and to help liberate the peoples of the galaxy from the Goa'uld threat. SG-1 is on a mission, but the newly minted SG-10 is awaiting their first assignment.

Sg-10, you have a go.

Last edited by tobiasosir; Jun 28 '11 at 6:40pm..
...Interested as well, but not that familiar with the New World of Darkness system (and it'll be hard for me not to give in to the urge to create a David Jackson clone, at least in personality).

Glad to hear you're both interested! If you have any questions, let me know...I know it seems like a lot of home brewing, but it's really not too much.

As for being new the nWoD, that's not a problem. I'm happy to lead you through it, and it's a pretty simple system to learn. There are lots of others on Myth Weavers who are all too happy to bring new players in, too!

If your needing some help with nwod check out the School of Darkness.

Eh, I suppose I could give it a try! Although I'd be tempted to create someone like Daniel or Carter, heh.

So, due to some innovation and ideas from an interested applicant, I've decided to ad another character template: the Tok'Ra.
Players wishing to be Tok'Ra will need to explain how they came to be in the SGC, since relations between them and the Tau'ri aren't exactly rosy yet--though they're getting better.

Also keep in mind that the SGC is still a military command, so I'm still looking for a majority of military players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasosir View Post
So, due to some innovation and ideas from an interested applicant, I've decided to ad another character template: the Tok'Ra.
Players wishing to be Tok'Ra will need to explain how they came to be in the SGC, since relations between them and the Tau'ri aren't exactly rosy yet--though they're getting better.
Their merits make sense in the game perspective but they do seem a bit merit heavy to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasosir View Post
Also keep in mind that the SGC is still a military command, so I'm still looking for a majority of military players.
Yeah I'm the only one so far lol. Though I know Carter might be making one, she just has some RL going on atm is why her app isn't up yet.